Tip for Higher Percentage of Feedback - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 06-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Lightbulb Tip for Higher Percentage of Feedback

A) When I sent out my item, I notify them via eBay message of tracking number and ask them if anything is wrong whatsoever, please notify me so we can come to a mutual resolution.

B) The big improvement is providing a note along with the item. The note contains similar verbiage. I've been experimenting with different types of notes, and I think I've come up with a good formula. I can fit about 5 notes on a 8.5 x 11 printed sheet of paper.
  1. Should be in color (I like purple).
  2. Includes a scribble (not my real signature, but looks as if I signed it at the bottom)
  3. Lastly, the sympathy card. I started including a little "about me" line saying that I lost my job of 12 years and right now I'm trying to support three children via eBay. After I started using the About Me sentence, my percentage of feedbacks have increased. :D

C) If still no feedback, I send out one final eBay message about 3 weeks later if any problems, message me so we can come to a resolution but if everything went Ok then to provide feedback if so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ruehl For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (06-21-2011), Melissa1971 (06-23-2011), syedhanson (08-16-2011), wendychen2000us (11-26-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nice little business move.
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 76%

Clever - seems you got it covered from all angles

I will probably be using your idea sometime soon - hope you dont mind
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 75%

I find offering free shipping with 1 day turn-around and getting the item to the buyer's hand by the 3rd business day gives me 2 5 DSR's everytime I get a feedback.

I would also include a picture of a starving child and tell buyer I need them 5's so that kid won't go hungry for the day.
Old 06-21-2011

-dont say mention anything about a problem. this gives people a reason to complain, when it isnt necessary. if people truly have a problem they will contact you.

-keep the note simple and very short. no one wants to read a paragraph, and most people wont.
Old 06-21-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Like it. Apart from the sympathy card though.
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 78%

Yeah the sympathy card might be a little too much
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruehl View Post
A) When I sent out my item, I notify them via eBay message of tracking number and ask them if anything is wrong whatsoever, please notify me so we can come to a mutual resolution.

B) The big improvement is providing a note along with the item. The note contains similar verbiage. I've been experimenting with different types of notes, and I think I've come up with a good formula. I can fit about 5 notes on a 8.5 x 11 printed sheet of paper.
  1. Should be in color (I like purple).
  2. Includes a scribble (not my real signature, but looks as if I signed it at the bottom)
  3. Lastly, the sympathy card. I started including a little "about me" line saying that I lost my job of 12 years and right now I'm trying to support three children via eBay. After I started using the About Me sentence, my percentage of feedbacks have increased. :D

C) If still no feedback, I send out one final eBay message about 3 weeks later if any problems, message me so we can come to a resolution but if everything went Ok then to provide feedback if so.
Shudders. Too much grovelling. If I get that sympathy card again, I'm going to low dsr you.
PLUSES:
Being proactive to get feedback.
Displaying a postivity in trying to look after a buyer.
Choice of color aces. I love the Color Purple (hey, let's do a movie called that)
Including a signature ( like you care, sobs into tissue)

Minuses: why mention a problem? Dont let them 'think'. Did you ever watch a movie called Kelly's' Heroes. Oddball makes a comment 'Too much negativity around here'. If you dont want a buyer to think negative, problems etc, dont give them the idea.
The About Me page, as it is, will be effective for only so long. If you are looking to have repeat buyers, then that story is stale after a short campaign. I dont disagree there will be an initial & favorable reaction. But it is probable buyers will then start to think 'is he still going on...'

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...-feedback.html
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...back-fast.html

Couple of older threads on the topic. We all needs work to get loved
cherrqell (08-23-2011), Melissa1971 (06-29-2011), ShadyOne (06-24-2011)
Old 06-23-2011

I do the same thing minus the sympathy card.

I advertise for my site as well
Old 06-24-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

GB hit the nail on t'head.

I was going to mention, not to mention a potential problem with the transaction/item.
Old 06-24-2011

feedback is not that important
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I would def dump the sympathy thing and also dump the 3 week reminder.

Some people if they are truly dissatisfied just dont want to post feedback. Then you remind them of the junk pile you sold them and they decide to post a bad one for you or just a lowered DSR.

To me, if they dont post then great. Feedback can bite you if you push. some people think the follow up asking for feedback is a push.

When I get one from a customer that I forgot to post about or something I think what a loser to need feedback so bad. just me though I guess.

I dont see why a buyer would need your feedback so bad to ask you a month later for it. And then cry and cry about it like some have before.
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%

That is a ridiculous amount of work with no guarantees.

No customers care about throwing a pity party for you. This is eB ay and customers will always be lazy or just never give a rat's a.s.s about how bad a.s.s your account looks to the rest of your customers.

You get good DSR's by selling legit, quality product at decent prices. Shipping same day or within 1 day of sale. Use USPS First Class or Priority Mail type speeds for your courier services. Finally, if an issue arises, I don't request for anyone to waste their time sending it back to me. People will hate you for that. Offer partial refund, and if they won't agree, just give full and take the hit. If you sell legit quality items and your sales are consistent, then any returns or possible problems will be so low that it will never even phase you.

Customers just want their sh.it fast and to work properly, plain and simple. Don't waste your time and especially do not waste their's.

This is exactly what I do 24/7 and my DSRs remain 5.0. I constantly laugh when I see posts like this and it boggles my mind people continue to think this way.
Old 06-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
That is a ridiculous amount of work with no guarantees.
Well, I have an account since 1999 and another since 2000 in good standings. You're probably working on Stealth accounts because you got banned in a previous eBay life.

I came here because I was in danger of going below their DSR performance standards in a particular category. I wanted to beef up my knowledge on stealth expecting to be banned like everybody else here. But slowly in the past 2 months, I've repaired my DSRs with consistently outperforming their metrics. Thus, I really don't need Stealth anymore but the knowledge helps if or when I might need it in the future.

Also, there are people here with the 21-day paypal hold. Once they get the positive feedback, the hold is released. So trying to get someone to leave positive feedback is a must for some here.
Old 06-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%

Quote:
Also, there are people here with the 21-day paypal hold. Once they get the positive feedback, the hold is released. So trying to get someone to leave positive feedback is a must for some here.
When operating new accounts and dealing with this, I simply call PP after 3 days of an item being delivered and they release it. 21 days is bogus.

And all of my accounts are Top Rated, so yes, DSR is a major focus in my business and I do it much more efficiently than begging and harassing people.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
KingRay (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011

Quote:
Well, I have an account since 1999 and another since 2000 in good standings. You're probably working on Stealth accounts because you got banned in a previous eBay life.

I came here because I was in danger of going below their DSR performance standards in a particular category...
It must make you feel so superior over the most of this lot. I have just 2 questions.

In your years of vast experience on eB as a seller, why haven't you learned proper customer service so you don't have to worry about DSRs at all? May be is the collective intelligence of the ppl you deal with. I mean, how bright can the lightbulb be if they're buying coupons on eB just to save a nickle? I bet you get a lot of buyers thinking #1 is the best.

Are you even clearing minimum wage doing all that work just for 20-30 cents?

This post will probably be deleted, so enjoy it while you can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stillselling For This Useful Post:
KingRay (06-28-2011), unkown5454 (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Stillselling, I am a stealth newb, however, just wanted to point out that I'm no eB newb with some wacky ideas.

Years of selling doesn't mean knowing good customer service. Back then, we didn't need customer service. If you go to the actual eB forums at their site, old school sellers are getting limited left and right because they haven't adapted. Dropping coupons into 44 cent envelopes have helped being me from the brink of being limited. One coupon is valid for several tickets to an amusement park so the savings passed to the customer are huge. People upgrade to priority mail just to get them faster before their vacation. The coupon supply is virtually unlimited for me. It's a niche I plan to exploit until validity date later this year.

If you have 400 feedback transactions in 3 months, then you're considered a volume seller where only the last 3 months are figured into your DSRs vs. a year.

Lastly, if you figure the amount of hours worked (2-3 hours) vs. the net income, then yes I clear minimum wage.
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillselling View Post
It must make you feel so superior over the most of this lot. I have just 2 questions.

In your years of vast experience on eB as a seller, why haven't you learned proper customer service so you don't have to worry about DSRs at all? May be is the collective intelligence of the ppl you deal with. I mean, how bright can the lightbulb be if they're buying coupons on eB just to save a nickle? I bet you get a lot of buyers thinking #1 is the best.

Are you even clearing minimum wage doing all that work just for 20-30 cents?

This post will probably be deleted, so enjoy it while you can.
Dont bother, you can easily see what is being sold and how much. just talk so not to even bother. You are correct though
Old 06-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Heres what gets me lots of very positive feedback. Free shipping. Get items out same day, send message to buyer with note stating order was received, and item is being processed for shipment. Upgrade to 1st class, or priority mail, and let them know in the note. Pack item well. Then include with the item a hand written thank you card with a personal email, and toll free phone number if the need any assistance with the merchandise. After the item was delivered, I send another message thanking them, and asking if the item arrived in a reasonable amount of time, and in good condition. No asking for feedback. 90% of the time I will get feedback from that transaction.

Remember you are running a business, and part of that business is customer service. You have to put the time and effort into it, or your gonna be bitching all the time about how nobody leaves feedback.
Ruehl (07-01-2011)
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
Heres what gets me lots of very positive feedback. Free shipping. Get items out same day, send message to buyer with note stating order was received, and item is being processed for shipment. Upgrade to 1st class, or priority mail, and let them know in the note. Pack item well. Then include with the item a hand written thank you card with a personal email, and toll free phone number if the need any assistance with the merchandise. After the item was delivered, I send another message thanking them, and asking if the item arrived in a reasonable amount of time, and in good condition. No asking for feedback. 90% of the time I will get feedback from that transaction.

Remember you are running a business, and part of that business is customer service. You have to put the time and effort into it, or your gonna be bitching all the time about how nobody leaves feedback.
I do the same thing except I hand write the thank you on a decorative post it note. My feedback isn't as high as yours but after selling on Amazon where FB is so important, it's nice not to have to feel in bondage to getting a certain amount on Ebay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
Ruehl (07-01-2011)
Old 06-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
I do the same thing except I hand write the thank you on a decorative post it note. My feedback isn't as high as yours but after selling on Amazon where FB is so important, it's nice not to have to feel in bondage to getting a certain amount on Ebay.
Yeah, I used to only do it on Amazon, but the last few months I've been doing it on all my ebay accounts, and the response has been nothing short of amazing. The only times I rarely get feedback is when I ship to an APO/FPO address. Those military folks must be too busy dodging bullits to repond to feedback

Also prison shipments rarely get feedback. they must be too busy trying not to get assulted in the shower
Melissa1971 (08-18-2011)
Old 07-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
Yeah, I used to only do it on Amazon, but the last few months I've been doing it on all my ebay accounts, and the response has been nothing short of amazing. The only times I rarely get feedback is when I ship to an APO/FPO address. Those military folks must be too busy dodging bullits to repond to feedback

Also prison shipments rarely get feedback. they must be too busy trying not to get assulted in the shower
Yeah APO never leaves feedback. Only 1 buyer left feedback on Amazon. I guess he was happy somebody shipped his item of interested to an APO address, since many sellers don't ship.