Bad feedback - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 08-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Bad feedback

Well, it finally happened .. after a few strange buyers I seemed to have lately; I had my second bad feedback in the 6 years of my eBay history and that just days after my feedback went up to 100%.

I had a buyer buy an item and he paid same day, \I was supposed to send within two days but then a family emergency occurred and I was unable to send. |I apologized to they buyer and the next day offered a refund but he said he wants to wait.
One day later I saw that he had opened as dispute. I paid him a refund and he asked for good feedback which I left him and then he said he still wants the phone - but cheaper. I said no and the next minute I saw he left me a bad feedback; mentioning 'strange things and our family emergency (which I made the mistake of going into a details with him as he asked). I asked him to withdraw the feedback which he declined.
I have written to eBay now .. will they take that feedback off?
It has nothing to do with the actual transaction. He mentioned personal facts and called me a liar and said buyer should avoid me.
I am bothered about the 100% positive feedback of course but more so about what he said ..

Sorry to ramble on ..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Contact them for a feedback removal. Mention that the personal info is upsetting and you cannot stand to look at that every day.

They should remove it. I think they remove any personal comments so you should be fine. all you can do is try an see what comes of it. I feel it will be removed though. I have seen removal of much less personal comments.
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 78%

Last month Ebay wouldn't follow their own feedback removal policies even when read outloud it to them off of their own site.
I was informed by two different Reps what they had on their screen as the removal guidelines differed from what I read them They had very few compared to the list I had. They also said they have no email address for me to mail the Ebay link to, how convenient.... I would email to get that feedback removed. If not, then type in whatever at the trust and safety dept, maybe unauthorized use of your account because it is unauthorized. Trust and Safety dept handles feedback removal otherwise you will need a darn good reason to be transferred to that dept.

I would make sure to use certain terms in email and if needed, on the phone. Tell them you don't want anyone you do business with to know such intimate details. That the comment was "inappropriate and contained personally identifiable details about you"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...oval.html#what

Good luck I'll be checking back for an update
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

It's very hard to get eBay to remove feedback. The system is extremely one-sided at this time and practically rewards buyers for abuse, especially those who know how to game feedback. But the comments about certainly falls under "inappropriate and contained personally identifiable details about you", under any reasonable person's view. I wish you luck.
Old 08-08-2011

I would contact ebay to ask them to remove that comment, as that does sound like crossing the line.

Just make sure you make that clear that you are not worried about the feedback, that you obviously do not like it but that the comment is what you want removed, as they may be more inclined to help

I assume they will remove it as there are a thousand blogs and reporters probably chomping at the bit for that sort of story and then at least your family would know the truth.

There is a site called power sellers unite you may look up, I am sure there is a post on there about someone you can contact direct. They used him for getting back on ebay but it may help to contact him about this if you get no joy.

I'll look up the post if you get no joy from ebay and get the email for you
Old 08-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

something so personal will be removed,one way or the other

dont let this one go!!!
Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Wrote an e-mail early this morning with no reply yet and actually changed my feedback to private for now which means I can't sell anything right now.

On live chat now .. been waiting for well over 10 minutes already and estimate time for a free agent changes every few seconds to more .. see if that helps.

So far thank to you all for your help and advice in this delicate matter ..
Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

No good that live chat was .. all I was suggested is talking to the buyer which I already tried obviously and he said in the end he'll just delete any messages by me and that was it!!

I understand your predicament but I hope you understand that we can only make suggestions on how you can resolve the issue with your buyer, the rest involves your participation as Feedback is a member-to-member experience only your buyer can revise or remove this feedback for you.

That's what the agent kept saying to me a a few times and nothing else apart from 'yes, the feedback is inappropriate'.

And then she said;
Please be advised that it is each member's right to post feedback on a transaction and we can not censor feedback, nor do we prevent members from leaving feedback or what feedback should they leave.

I am fuming .. and thinking about just starting all over again - not sure if that is a good idea as I was on 594 feedback.
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

The only thing I can think of that gives a loophole is the fact that he expects a lower price. Since you didn't give it to him, he leaves negative feedback. It doesn't exactly state extortion as a lower price. It does mention lowering shipping and handling, which in essence is the same thing. Maybe this will give you an idea using info we do not know. If he posted this on a thread, you have a stronger case. Keep any emails he sent you with the header in case you need to forward the "proof". Read the following from Ebay's help page:
Examples of Feedback extortion

The buyer can't threaten to leave negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings (DSRs) if the seller won't:

Accept a return and pay for return shipping.

Give a full or partial refund for an item.

Lower the shipping and handling costs.

Refund payment before the buyer ships the item back to the seller.

Send an extra item that wasn't part of the original listing. (This doesn't include when a buyer requests a replacement for an item that doesn't match the original item description.

Good luck!
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Just keep looking for the link for feedback removal. They have no problem removing things like that.

It happens every day. I see comments removed all the time.

The people that say its just so hard to have them removed are the ones that think every one of theirs is in the categories of what isnt legal to leave according to ebay. Everyone thinks theirs is one that should be removed and only a small percentage are really something that they say they will remove.

Those people are just mad that theirs wasnt one that was able to be removed.

Dont worry about the chat on this one. find the link and send the complaint. The chat people probably hear the same BS 100's of times a day and just give out the basic info since nearly all are just upset people wanting feedback removed.

I will look around and try and get the link. Will post it later this evening when I am back on here.
Old 08-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Default not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Just keep looking for the link for feedback removal. They have no problem removing things like that.

It happens every day. I see comments removed all the time.

The people that say its just so hard to have them removed are the ones that think every one of theirs is in the categories of what isnt legal to leave according to ebay. Everyone thinks theirs is one that should be removed and only a small percentage are really something that they say they will remove.

Those people are just mad that theirs wasnt one that was able to be removed.

Dont worry about the chat on this one. find the link and send the complaint. The chat people probably hear the same BS 100's of times a day and just give out the basic info since nearly all are just upset people wanting feedback removed.

I will look around and try and get the link. Will post it later this evening when I am back on here.
Not found the link I think you meant .. only the one where you ask the buyer to revise and obviously he declined.
I'd appreciate if you could send me the link or tell me where I can find it .. thanks!!
Old 08-09-2011

Longevity: 76%

I should write a book for all the idiot buyers I have had in my years of ebay and amazon.
Old 08-09-2011

Did you ask him to remove the feedback? It is not automatic. You have to send the request. Don't send it unless they agree to remove it, because you only get so many requests. Before you do that though, try to get Ebay to remove it. Otherwise, if they don't, try to work it out with the buyer.
Old 08-09-2011
Threadstarter  

They just sent me an e-mail saying they can't remove it :(

I have tried talking to him - he ignores me and I tried the request for him to revise or remove it and declined - well, he did not do it!

I made my feedback profile private for now but I want to sell stuff and I can't this way.
All eBay said is I can make a defamation claim .. no idea if that works if they already said they cannot remove it? Is it worth a try?
Old 08-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss61 View Post

I have tried talking to him - he ignores me and I tried the request for him to revise or remove it and declined - well, he did not do it!

I made my feedback profile private for now but I want to sell stuff and I can't this way.
All eBay said is I can make a defamation claim .. no idea if that works if they already said they cannot remove it? Is it worth a try?
They wont remove it becuase you are just asking them to. YOu have to fill the form out.

Here is the info I found.

What are the guidelines?

Allowed

While insulting language, like "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man," is strongly discouraged, Feedback containing such language won't be removed unless it also contains some type of content that isn't allowed.

Not allowed

We don't allow Feedback comments that contain:

Links or scripts

References to eBay or PayPal investigations

Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or email address

Political, religious, or social commentary rather than a genuine comment about the transaction

Comments, replies, or follow-ups that reference a separate transaction

Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language, or adult material

Reporting a violation

If another member left a Feedback comment that isn't allowed, report it to us.

We'll review the report and may remove the Feedback comment, or restrict or suspend the member's account.

Here is the link to get where you need to go:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...1&from=1034832

I got to the part where I could report just fine so you should easily be able to as well. Its not hard. In my opinion your case falls into the "not allowed" category.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Another think i meant to Cover. Why do you seem to think you cannot sell with a private feedback rating??? Nearly all of my accounts are private at one time or another. Its your option and has NOTHING to do with selling or not. I am not sure where you got that wrong info from.
Old 08-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks KingRay, I will try the link in a bit and see if that helps.

And as for not being able to sell with private feedback; it won't let me. I tried last night and it says I have to make my feedback public again.
So how can I do it?! Or is US and UK different??
Old 08-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks KingRay, I will try the link in a bit and see if that helps.

And as for not being able to sell with private feedback; it won't let me. I tried last night and it says I have to make my feedback public again.
So how can I do it?! Or is US and UK different??
Might be a UK thing then. Never heard of that. why do they make the private option then?

Have you been noted for selling risky items or have low dsr's or something? maybe some excess claims? Just trying to single out why its does this for you only.
Old 08-09-2011
Threadstarter  

No, never been noted for selling risky items or having excess claims or low drs's.

It says on the option when I made my feedback private that anyone with private feedback cannot sell ..
Old 08-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
No, never been noted for selling risky items or having excess claims or low drs's.

It says on the option when I made my feedback private that anyone with private feedback cannot sell ..
I completely stand corrected.

Its been a few months since I sold on the accounts that I do private feedback on. They must have made some changed. I am sorry to even say somethign wrong like that without checking for updates 1st.

In the past I have never had any problem selling with a fresh neg feedback though. I just leave good followup comments to make them look dumb or crazy. lol. Or say something like "Very inappropriate, Contact me for full details of this mess"

When posting that type of response people do email me so I can explain my side better. Then they usually have no problem bidding. I wouldnt worry about it. BUT in your case do make sure you try to get it removed anyway.
Old 08-09-2011

I haven't heard of that either. There are a lot of sellers who have private feedback. Did Ebay give you a reason? KingRay, I am curious as to whether that would fall under "social commentary" for the removal reasons. What other could it be?
Old 08-09-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Might be a UK thing then. Never heard of that. why do they make the private option then?

Have you been noted for selling risky items or have low dsr's or something? maybe some excess claims? Just trying to single out why its does this for you only.

No, it is not a UK thing. There is 2 different types of "private" feedback.

One is when you sell an item "privately", so that users remain anonymous to other members when the actual item is sold. Any feedback left from buyers in this situation is hidden as to what the seller sold. The seller can still sell actively using this method.

The second type is when the seller has the option to "hide" all their feedbacks, but this, like Swiss says will not let a seller sell using this method and eBay request that you remove this feature before they allow you to sell.

I think that is what they mean.
The Following User Says Thank You to eBay King For This Useful Post:
swiss61 (08-09-2011)