One More ? Where is all the feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 09-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default One More ? Where is all the feedback?

I have 2 stealth accounts selling 30-60 days.

One has 15 sales, 2 feedback left by buyer,

One has 23 sales 0 feedback left by buyer.

I even tried sending a very polite email 7 days after receipt, thanking them for their order, asking them if there is anything else I can do to assist them, and reminding them to leave + when satisified, and Ih ave done the same for them. STILL ZERO lol

Just annoying cause ebay won't raise limits without seeing good seller rating
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: One More ? Where is all the feedback?

Gray area.

Some buyers are not going to bite.

When you send out the items, you enclose anything then?

I do that.

I will find an older fun thread we had about begging for feedback.
joesshooze (11-24-2013)
Old 09-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...-feedback.html

Like I said the thread is older.

Have been changes in the ebay game.

Jury is out on the importance of seller's feedback for many users.

Personal choice.

Old 09-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Include a thank you card with the order OP - dont press them with e-mail, some buyers will get annoyed....
Old 10-09-2013

Longevity: 65%

You cant force them to provide feedback, ship quick and supply good service
Old 10-11-2013

Longevity: 62%

We can take all the steps we want but it is what it is, sadly.

On my original member account (13 years of 100% positive feedback) that eBay suspended due to linking me to a bad account (of a family member not under my roof) had a 80% feedback-left rate.

So for every 100 items sold generally 20 or so buyers did not leave feedback.

For each and every auction I listed, I sent a friendly message giving the buyer their tracking number along with what shipping source was used, giving praise for buying and paying so fast and then ending the message asking for great 5-Star feedback once their item arrives and all is well. I also had mentioned how I have already left them Great Feedback.

My complete messages to each buyer were very personalized to prove my sincerity and not cookie-cutter one size fits all type messages.

On average maybe 15% (on a good month) would write back to say thank you, I received your message and appreciate your communication or something of this nature.

This is only 15 buyers out of every 100 taking the time to write back.

Today, running 2 (approx. 60 day old) stealth accounts I too am not getting the feedback I deserve for performance given.

Besides still issuing the very personal thank you message including the tracking information, I follow up after their item is delivered with another message tailored just for this specific buyer and item purchased that goes like this:

Hello "buyer's id". I am pleased to see that your "what they bought" has arrived on time and I'm sure you will be equally as pleased with your purchase. I am writing you once again just to say thank you for choosing my auction to place your winning bid and placing your trust in me.

Please remember to leave me positive 5-Star feedback when you can take the time. This allows me and any potential bidders to see how I'm doing and verifies that I can be trusted to perform as stated in my auctions.

If something is not as promised, please contact me right away so I can make things right with you.

My goal is to make your buying experience from me as pleasant as possible and hopefully placing me on your Favorite Sellers list and becoming a repeat customer.

Sincerely, XXXMEXXX

But sadly so far only 3 out of 8 sales on one of my new accounts and 1 out of 5 sales on my other account have left feedback. http://www.aspkin.com/forums/images/smilies/pout.gif

I have been selling right to my limits on each account for 2 months now (5/500). I'm hoping eBay will raise my limits soon based on sales/price volume getting maxed out and not just my feedback count.

As sellers we need to understand that eBay is a completely different experience for a seller than it is for a buyer.

A seller doesn't really care what they sell so long as it is as described, profitable and legal.
A seller has multiple goals.
Capture as much feedback as possible. Perform fast and efficient once an item sells to get that feedback so limits can be increased ASAP and so he/she can get 5 Stars in each category.
As a seller I need to make money and then......more money !!
As a seller I must increase sales as required to receive better discounts on listings and shipping.
This is just to mention the most obvious.

The majority of buyers have a form of tunnel vision. "I know what I want and I want the best possible price on it, the cheapest shipping and I want it fast."
Most buyers don't care who they buy from so long as the seller's feedback is not a disaster ( a percentage rate low enough to catch their eye, varies between a specific buyers concern).
Most buyers loyalty only goes as far as which seller has the lowest price combining item and shipping costs if the item is popular and offered by many sellers.
As a buyer, I need to get the best deal....every time !! If it's cheaper on Amazon then adios eBay.

So compare what a seller wants out of eBay and what a buyer wants out of eBay and they are completely different goals.

The last thing most buyer's are thinking about is feedback.
Generally speaking I have found most of my feedback comes from buyers that also sell.
The majority of my buyers not leaving feedback have never sold anything.

No buyer will ever forget about feedback if anything is wrong though.
You can count on that.

My policy is if they don't automatically leave feedback within a few days of receiving their item then they get my follow-up message.

If they don't respond by leaving feedback after they receive my follow-up message then so be it.

Keep pushing and you may be sorry you kept asking for it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-16-2013 at 05:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetman90 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (10-16-2013), rsot (10-11-2013)
Old 10-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

I sent emails requesting feedback once. I had a guy leave me a negative feedback over like a $5 item because of it. I told myself never again. I personally don't leave feedback anymore until it is left for me for the first two months. Then after 60 days I figure they aren't leaving me feedback so I usually proceed to leave it for them. Sometimes I like to screen my buyers, so even if they leave nothing for me it can be helpful knowing whom I have dealt with in the past.
Old 10-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

I had the same thing happen way back when about negative feedback.

I also don't leave feedback until feedback is left - many buyers will say "I left positive feedback, please do same" and then it's ding ding time for positive feedback

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-16-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I sent emails requesting feedback once. I had a guy leave me a negative feedback over like a $5 item because of it. I told myself never again. I personally don't leave feedback anymore until it is left for me for the first two months. Then after 60 days I figure they aren't leaving me feedback so I usually proceed to leave it for them. Sometimes I like to screen my buyers, so even if they leave nothing for me it can be helpful knowing whom I have dealt with in the past.
I also don't leave feedback until feedback is left. Buyers will say "I left positive feedback, please do same". I wait before deciding.

Negative feedback days still hack me off.
Old 10-16-2013

I think I might learn from the pro's and leave feedback when it's left to me now. I'm getting sick of it too.
Old 10-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPily View Post
I think I might learn from the pro's and leave feedback when it's left to me now. I'm getting sick of it too.
It helps keep the empty buyers away - there are those who ask for feedback than screw over the seller with claim
Old 10-17-2013

Longevity: 62%

Sorry to say there is the other side of the coin.

Over the past 12 years I've bought a lot of performance parts off eBay. I noticed 3 guys out of many I bought parts from regularly, would never leave feedback as a seller. I always leave positive feedback once my item arrives if all is well. You tend to notice when you don't get any in return.

Reading their feedback history showed a few buyers left negative feedback for the seller stating: "This seller does not leave feedback" and some worded a little differently.
Old 10-18-2013

Cool Re: One More ? Where is all the feedback?

I always put a bag of Haribos in with the item. This has help me lots - just puts a smile on their face i guess!

p.s did get a DNR saying " hi i ordered a ****** but received a packet of sweets, where is my item "
The Following User Says Thank You to Themav For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (11-24-2013)
Old 11-24-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themav View Post
I always put a bag of Haribos in with the item. This has help me lots - just puts a smile on their face i guess!

p.s did get a DNR saying " hi i ordered a ****** but received a packet of sweets, where is my item "
This is an awesome idea. Thank you very much! I will get something like that tomorrow morning. It's also nice for Christmas anyway.