Suspended account w/ MP Available funds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Exclamation Suspended account w/ MP Available funds

So as we all know managed payments is new still. What I'm confused about is this message "Your payouts are currently on hold because your eBay account is suspended. You'll start getting paid again when your account is reinstated. "

Maybe it's me for or those that have had this issue what was the solution? I tried contacting support through email "no luck on that" and agents unavailable to me for some reason? I found an old email eBay message I could write to about reinstatement. I received the same message how it's permanent with no answer to my "available funds".

Old 05-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Suspended account w/ MP Available funds

Heard of several people running into the same issue and waiting for weeks with no resolution in sight.
Sounds like getting suspended with funds locked in is going to be worse than the paypal routine of getting funds locked for 180 days...
Old 05-27-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 99%

I'm going to assume they don't have a "real" solution to this problem yet or require more verification depending on the account? Those funds have to go somewhere as they just cannot keep it.
Old 05-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2ruff4u View Post
I'm going to assume they don't have a "real" solution to this problem yet or require more verification depending on the account? Those funds have to go somewhere as they just cannot keep it.
The funds ARE being retained.

Their procedures appear to equal pay pal.

Info is only slowly coming in for us to determine what might be a result.
PepsiCoin (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2ruff4u View Post
That's exactly what they're doing. Ebay is as bad as Etsy now when it comes to treating decent sellers on their platform like trash. They have more faith in an algorithm instead of actual humans when it comes to making decisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to RigorAndMonroe For This Useful Post:
PepsiCoin (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021

Longevity: 19%

I've had my funds on managed payments on held with this same message and was able to receive them but it took a while. At first I tried contact eBay support but none of them were any help and were just telling me i wasn't able to receive funds if my account was suspended. And then I came across another live agent that said I my account needed to reach some requirements for me to be able to have the funds released. No outstanding invoices, no unresolved undelivered items within 45 days and no open disputes/refunds. And then from the orignal suspension date within 45-60 days they would release the funds as long as there's no other concerns. And then after they said that I was transferred to a different agent, and then that agent didn't say anything but " Thanks I'll be with you in one moment" before transferring me to a 3rd agent that didn't even know what I needed help with and then the 3rd agent transferred me to a 4th agent who somewhat knew what they were talking about. They told me that my account was going through an "Escheatment process" and that its not an eBay policy all regulated financial institutions have to adhere by it. She then told me "If your account is suspended and your payouts are blocked due to the suspension the payouts will remain blocked for 60 days. After this time frame has passed eBay will move their funds into an eBay liable account. It will remain here until 180 days. After 180 days the funds follow the escheatment process and you will need to call your state to receive the funds from your account. After a period of time, the fnds are turned over to the state. Once the property has been taken over by the government, you can access the funds by filing a claim." and then after telling me this, the chat immediately ended and I couldn't ask any more questions. But then after a couple of days I received an email saying that they sent my funds to my bank account filed on managed payments and then after a day or so I had the funds transferred into my account. So I'm not 100% sure if this will happen to everyone but this is what happened to me. So I'm not sure if they even have a actual process or what, seems like they're just winging it to me.

Last edited by Shadyhero1002; 05-29-2021 at 12:35 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shadyhero1002 For This Useful Post:
loofly (05-30-2021), PepsiCoin (05-28-2021), warmfun (11-21-2021), x2ruff4u (05-29-2021)
Old 05-29-2021

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhero1002 View Post
I've had my funds on managed payments on held with this same message and was able to receive them but it took a while. At first I tried contact eBay support but none of them were any help and were just telling me i wasn't able to receive funds if my account was suspended. And then I came across another live agent that said I my account needed to reach some requirements for me to be able to have the funds released. No outstanding invoices, no unresolved undelivered items within 45 days and no open disputes/refunds. And then from the orignal suspension date within 45-60 days they would release the funds as long as there's no other concerns. And then after they said that I was transferred to a different agent, and then that agent didn't say anything but " Thanks I'll be with you in one moment" before transferring me to a 3rd agent that didn't even know what I needed help with and then the 3rd agent transferred me to a 4th agent who somewhat knew what they were talking about. They told me that my account was going through an "Escheatment process" and that its not an eBay policy all regulated financial institutions have to adhere by it. She then told me "If your account is suspended and your payouts are blocked due to the suspension the payouts will remain blocked for 60 days. After this time frame has passed eBay will move their funds into an eBay liable account. It will remain here until 180 days. After 180 days the funds follow the escheatment process and you will need to call your state to receive the funds from your account. After a period of time, the fnds are turned over to the state. Once the property has been taken over by the government, you can access the funds by filing a claim." and then after telling me thing instantly ended the chat. But then after a couple of days I received an email saying that they sent my funds to my bank account filed on managed payments. So I'm not 100% sure if this will happen to everyone but this is what happened to me. So I'm not sure if they even have a actual process or what.
And how it goes in EU? Seems to be a completely different story...
Old 05-29-2021

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
And how it goes in EU? Seems to be a completely different story...
Not sure about EU, I'd suggest giving them a call and asking. You may have to call a couple times to be transferred to someone who knows that they're talking about.
Old 05-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

As Shadyhero1002 said - sounds like theyre winging it. The right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing and they launched this new system without even considering these sort of situations...
Typical of ebay to do things this way.
Old 06-01-2021

Longevity: 16%

UK - funds will be sent to payment method on file after 60/70 days after suspension - confirmed with over 5 different live chat agents
Old 08-09-2021

Longevity: 27%

Canada- I was told based on the suspension that ebay KEEPS the money!! I repeat.. ebay WILL NOT PAYOUT YOUR AVAILABLE FUNDS!! learned my lesson and now I only ship once funds are in my bank
Old 08-09-2021

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthsince2014 View Post
Canada- I was told based on the suspension that ebay KEEPS the money!! I repeat.. ebay WILL NOT PAYOUT YOUR AVAILABLE FUNDS!! learned my lesson and now I only ship once funds are in my bank
Not sure how do you plan it as they put holds until item is delivered.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021

Longevity: 27%

On my account my money is only on hold anywhere from 1 to 3 days. So i wait for it to clear and payout before I send the items.
Old 08-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthsince2014 View Post
On my account my money is only on hold anywhere from 1 to 3 days. So i wait for it to clear and payout before I send the items.

If you start failing to ship orders on time eBay will delay your payouts. It's not going to work.
The whole point of the payout system is for eBay to make sure sellers are delivering what they promised before allowing the seller access to the buyers money.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (08-09-2021)