BOOM! Suspended AGAIN! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-30-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default BOOM! Suspended AGAIN!

Well, I just surfed on eBay today to check on my auctions WITHOUT logging in, and BOOM, I see 0 items listed, so I go to my seller profile and what do you know, NARU'd!!!

DAMN, I HATE EBAY/PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I logged into my Gmail, I saw I'd gotten the "Abusing eBay" and "High-Risk Account" crap letter.

I did EVERYTHING right this time (or so I thought!) & STILL GOT BOOTED!! I HATE EBAY/PAYPAL!!!

I had at least a few thousand dollars in payments coming which I had been planning on using to pay for school. All the payments have been cancelled by the buyers!

I need to get back selling FAST so that I can get money within the next few days, or I'll have no hope of getting back in school for even the JULY program!

GRRR!!! I HATE EBAY!!

Not only do they make it impossible to make a living online, then on top of that they make it impossible for anyone trying to find a way to earn money offline too!!!

Last edited by the80skidcloset; 03-30-2009 at 03:57 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

you could not have done everything right or else they would not have suspended you. did you follow EVERYTHING the Stealth Book suggests? did you try to list high risk items too fast on a new account? you are not stating what your were trying to sell and the age and feedback level of the account that got suspended. more info is needed to asses what went wrong on your part.
Old 03-30-2009

Longevity: 91%

hope you've got other accounts ready to sell on
Old 03-30-2009
Threadstarter  

ebay killa,

I was selling old paperback books, and old genuine Disney and kids vhs videos, and other miscellaneous stuff from around the house. The account was several months old but no had no feedback because until now, I was just letting it sit and age.
Old 03-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^ What was the order of the news? Paypal limited first or ebay suspended. What were the notices?
Old 03-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Because I hadn't yet set up a paypal account for email registered to this ebay account, paypal didn't limit me for the email registered with this ebay account.

So only ebay suspended me. As of now there is no paypal involvement in the process.
Old 03-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by the80skidcloset View Post
When I logged into my Gmail, I saw I'd gotten the "Abusing eBay" and "High-Risk Account" crap letter.

I had at least a few thousand dollars in payments coming which I had been planning on using to pay for school. All the payments have been cancelled by the buyers!
Quote:
I was selling old paperback books, and old genuine Disney and kids vhs videos, and other miscellaneous stuff from around the house. The account was several months old but no had no feedback because until now, I was just letting it sit and age.
Quote:
Because I hadn't yet set up a paypal account for email registered to this ebay account, paypal didn't limit me for the email registered with this ebay account.

So only ebay suspended me. As of now there is no paypal involvement in the process.
Just by reading the 3 above quotes from this thread I see your problem.

You are selling High-Risk old paperback books for thousands of dollars and you have no paypal account to put the money in.

No offense but your posts do not add up.
Old 03-30-2009
Threadstarter  

not just old paperbacks but also various stuff from around the house like collectibles, knicknacks, collectible coins, retired beanie babies, etc.

I don't register the paypal payment email until after I get payment because in the past when I have set up the account and then had the payment sent to it, almost always seized the funds and limited the account the moment the payment hit the account regardless of how much it was for - whether it was a $5 payment or a $500 payment.

So now I wait until after the payment has been sent, and then I register that email with paypal, and immediately transfer/cash out/withdraw the funds before PP can steal it!

Also I was not selling the paperback books for thousands, it was mostly the collectibles, coins and other knicknacks, that added up to that. And even then it all came up to no more than about $4,000 - $5,000 TOTAL, with ALL the items COMBINED!

Last edited by the80skidcloset; 03-30-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And what was the time frame in which you did the above stated 4K-5K worth of sales??
Old 03-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Holy crap,Batman, or in your case, Kidscloset, you have that much MONEY in an account, you sell collectibles as you so stated and you wonder why you got a 'High-risk' account bye-bye letter? Your activity in ebay's eyes is risky. You did your own account in: 'collectibles' are better to be sold with a verified paypal account. ebay has looked at your account and seen that there nothing to protect the BUYERS. Buyers are more important to ebay. I do feel bad that this has gone pear-shaped. But imho, you did not create a workable ebay account.
Old 03-30-2009
Threadstarter  

You all sure do seem to love kicking people when they're already down, don't you??
Old 03-31-2009

Longevity: 87%

I do not see anyone kicking anyone when they are down. You have to understand sometimes constructive criticism is what we all need. That is how we all learn. I guess maybe i grew up with a dad that just said get up off your A__ and get back to work.
We have all been in your shoes at some point but if your going to be successful you have to bounce back. Use this as a tool what not to do.

Also just curious but where do you get all these collectables and antiques etc.. if you are in school. I hope grandma and grandpa are not going to have a corinary when they check the attic.
Get back attic(haha) and good luck.
Old 03-31-2009
Threadstarter  

OK first off, ALL of my grandparents have been deceased for years - thank you so much, but my maternal grandfather died 4 years before I was born, my maternal grandma died when I was 3, my paternal grandmother died when I was 5 and my paternal grandpa died in 1997. But thank you so much for your for your sensitivity.

As for where I get the collectibles - I get it at the same places I get most if not all the stuff I sell - from garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, used bookstores, Goodwill, freecycle groups, stuff I have already lying around the house, from other lesser known auction/sales sites and other sources.

Also, since you obviously didn't bother to READ my post, I didn't say I was in school right now. I said I am trying to GO BACK to school (hopefully in June or July, assuming I can get back on eBay FAST and earn the $2,000 for the deposit/application fee in time)

In the meantime why don't you learn first how to spell CORONARY, and take some lessons in sensitivity.

So much for this being a place where those screwed by eBay/Paypal can commiserate with others in the same boat.

Last edited by the80skidcloset; 03-31-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

I do not think that anyone who replied to the OP knew that you only wanted commiseration. I repeat, I am sorry that your lost the account but I still consider you contributed to its demise. Take the advice on board and stop flaming.
Old 03-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

OP: Send me a PM, maybe i will be able to help. Im by no means an "expert" but I will try my best.
Old 03-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

you need to go slow or die. some money is better than no money.

4 grand in merchandise is too much to start a virgin account off with. you need a solid history for that.
Old 04-03-2009

Quote:

I need to get back selling FAST so that I can get money within the next few days

You need A FEW THOUSANDs in A FEW DAYS ????????

Sit back and learn more from this forum if you want to trade on eBay, kid.
Old 04-07-2009

Longevity: 89%

Yea - with all the money to be made on ebay you have to make 10 diffrent accounts and only do like $500-1000 a month to stay under the radar =o(

eBanza.com NO LISTING FEE!!! NO EVIL!!!
Old 04-08-2009

Longevity: 93%

This thread reminds me of exactly what is wrong with our society today. All the posts, for the most part, were constructive. When did we get so sensitive? Especially with posts from "stealth" people on a bulletin board.

For heaven's sake, I make mistakes every day. For instance, this morning, I woke up...