YAY!!!! Reinstated on eBAY!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-14-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default YAY!!!! Reinstated on eBAY!!!!

I have been selling on ebay for quite some time racking thousands of feedbacks but 2012 I got suspended as my dsr rating was going down. This was due to caring for my grandmother who had dementia and she passed away the same year. I put in appeal with a long letter, all the evidence possibly imaginable and they still didn't take the consideration. So insult to injury for being a loyal customer! Well, since I was out for work, I had to literally start from scratch and build my own site and have learned a great deal of online transactions from that point on and operate 2 sites now. So I still wanted to go back to my first love of ebay (even though tecnically they treat you like garbage, but seems I like dysfunctional relationships? ) and tried to appeal last year and it still got shunned down. But one day, (it was month of June 2017) I was just thinking again about ebay cause I'm sometimes source my items and buy on ebay if my supplier is out of stock (so kind of a wholesaler in itself) and wanted to get back on again and did a quick google search (modified time slot of this year) regarding account reinstatement. Turns out ebay is being little more lenient right now and allowing people to come back. So for the third time (Third times the charm right?) and 5 years of waiting I can say that the being banned on eBay was a blessing in disguise. I thought ebay was the only source for me but being banned that time, it pushed me to think outside the box and learned more then I could ever have if I was just doing ebay. I feel it kind of ironic too because this happened the same day my grandmother passed away and made it more significant.

This site and the aspkin book i got also helped as well.. during the off time.

So I guess point of this post is just ranting my relief and letting people that got banned that it's not end of the world and if might actually be a blessing in disguise as sometimes failures, mistakes and problems can bring some things you didn't know existed inside you (ok sounding cliche ).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: YAY!!!! Reinstated on eBAY!!!!

Wow. Congrts on getting your old account reinstated after all these years.

Now, you might want to start selling again on that account, but you should go slow and steady. Also this would be a great time to create a new stealth account (or two) to keep for backup. The Steath Guide is all about that.

Good luck in your future selling!
Old 07-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Having stealth account during the wait time helped a lot (but i didn't use ebay and used it for etsy). I think if I used it for ebay and shops were being somehow linked back to me , that would have made more red flags. So kind of glad I didn't do that.

I don't think i'll ever make a eBay Stealth account and if I'm careful now and follow all their policies and make sure customers are taken care of, I should be able to use this reinstated account for long years to come.

I realize most of the problem wasn't ebay and mistakes were mine so i own up to that. I just didn't like how ebay keeps changing their policies and sometimes you get blindsighted and bam! something happens. So guess being plugged into the ebay discussion board and being well informed is another good asset to have.
Old 07-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

What method did you use to get your account reinstated? A phone call or an email? What was the general appeal you used?
Old 07-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
What method did you use to get your account reinstated? A phone call or an email? What was the general appeal you used?
I contacted eBay via help section and then went to their suspend account section. It's funny the first appeal was a super long essay I wrote and then second appeal was much shorter and third one was couple paragraphs but straight to the point. Wondering if long essay ones get them annoyed and make process unchanged. Or it might be the fact they are letting suspended buyers in more during this time..

I'm thinking that many are opening online shops on their own so eBay is losing market so opening more doors for members that got banned?

System is broken like everything else.. so gotta just keep trying ...

I remember second appeal they told me to never contact them again..
Old 07-24-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ghost of amazon, (sounds like a legendary name)
Are you still selling on amazon? and ebay?
Don't run your own domain?

Which percentage you spend on both ....

I have two accounts that are legit (not stealth). ebay i just got back on after 4 years getting the boot as mentioned in the original thread. Just listed my first item on ebay that is not stealth and original account and never felt so good... Almost like a second chance in life. Now my objective is to read all their policies and follow the rules...
Old 07-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I sell on both eBay and Amazon.

I actually LOVED Amazon before they started the Third Reich. Now accounts get shut-down without reason and funds held past 90 days.....

The traffic is wonderful, their policies are terrible...

Funny enough, that was eBay a couple years ago....now it's topsy turvey.
Old 07-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I sell on both eBay and Amazon.

I actually LOVED Amazon before they started the Third Reich. Now accounts get shut-down without reason and funds held past 90 days.....

The traffic is wonderful, their policies are terrible...

Funny enough, that was eBay a couple years ago....now it's topsy turvey.
So Amazon and eBay no other sites or own domain? The reason I ask is that all these strict policies I need to be careful as I realize how I took eBay for granted and didn't take their policies too seriously. If you were with eBay back in the days they let you back in pretty quickly or give you some time of online jail time but not permanent suspension.

If Amazon is taking down accounts pretty quickly is it due to the items people are selling (counterfiet) or shipping delay etc??

I think dropshipping on Amazon will be risky then and manufacturing goods or getting wholesale shipped to your place is best what do you think?

I currently have Amazon pay on my shop and noticed that some chargeback are starting too happen and currently at 1.5 %threshold in performance section which is kind of warning area.. I'm not even selling on amazon and just using their payment... So I can imagine Amazon is being more strict.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017

Longevity: 55%

congrats! was wandering if you could help me out as im in same situation
Old 08-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehd View Post
5 years for you too? I had to contact them third time (third time's the charm). But did have valid reason as my grandma passed and I was caregiving while running eBay. Just wondering why they didn't take it serious 2x prior. I think it's due to overwhelmingly large online stores these days eBay wants to reign again.

Old 08-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehd View Post
Also just sold my first item and shipped in 5 years. You have no idea how good that feels. How funny it was only 15 bucks but felt like it was priceless. Funny thing is that I couldn't find the used game I put up so had to buy new one and lost 30 bucks.. but still felt overjoyed lol

The Following User Says Thank You to nakamuru For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

nakamuru, get backup accounts going
Old 08-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
nakamuru, get backup accounts going
You know I was thinking that but realizing that sometimes I log into my main account with same ip etc.. I feel like I'll jeopardise my main account.. im not the attention to detail type.. so I'll just have to do my best with my account I have..should I just start selling left over inventory I have left first since is licensed goods and new.

Old 08-08-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Nakamuru, I see that you still have the stealth guide.

Don't you know you can use the code to become a VIP member here? Or did you use that up already?
Old 08-10-2017

Longevity: 55%

I did and appeal and I think eBay are taking the p*** because this just looks like an automated response.

Your question about the selling restriction on your account - SR# 1-124442939536

Hello universal_vaping (universalvaping@yahoo.com),
Thanks for contacting us about the selling restriction on your account.

We carefully reviewed your account and determined that it doesn't meet our minimum seller performance standards. For this reason, your account is permanently restricted from selling.

For details on your selling history and performance, please visit your seller standards dashboard at:
https://www.sps.ebay.co.uk/sd/sdrefresh

If you recently sold items, be sure to post them promptly. You can still use My eBay to see your sales and get in touch with your buyers. You can also buy and bid on items as usual.

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid this selling restriction isn't allowed.

We know this may not be the response you were expecting, but we hope you understand our decision. We appreciate your cooperation.
Regards,

eBay Customer Service

[THREAD ID:1-1L6216YQ]

eBay Document ID: 46759704002
Old 08-10-2017

Longevity: 41%

Glad to see your account reinstated. Pray for me i am facing a same situation hope they

reinstated my account too can't wait 4/5 years