eBay Stealth isn't working for me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-08-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default eBay Stealth isn't working for me

I sold many softmodded video game consoles a few years ago needing money for rent and groceries. Unfortunately, I was caught after a few weeks. What's really sad is since the pandemic started all those consoles I sold are now worth at least twice as much in value without any modifications. All that extra work I did going out of my way sometimes spending entire days to include everything for the buyer to never be bored again was for nothing. Anyway, I've tried creating several eBay and Paypal accounts over the past month following the eBay stealth guide step by step but the accounts keep receiving permanent suspensions. I wish I knew what I am doing wrong. I promise the new account will be used strictly to sell legitimate items as I have learned my lesson. My business would have been much farther along if only I had been legitimate from the beginning. I hope no one has done the same stupid mistakes I have.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: eBay Stealth isn't working for me

You would need to go into detail about how you make the account for us to why out why your getting limited
Old 09-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

The great news is, if you are in the USA, you can simply make a new real account and start selling with managed payments.
Old 09-08-2021

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
The great news is, if you are in the USA, you can simply make a new real account and start selling with managed payments.
Just to reiterate what he's saying is that you can now make eBay accounts with your real info (SSN,DOB and your current address) as PayPal is no longer a part of eBay. They use manage payments, meaning you get paid via eBay directly into your bank account. If you get banned you can make another one under the same exact info and even same bank account and start over.

I was banned in 2019 under my EIN and Business PayPal for selling expensive items. The account was aged since 2014, I just remade a new account under the same address and used my real info and was able to list a shirt for sale. I just made it today and I'm only waiting on the deposits to come in to verify my bank account. I used last four of SSN and DOB and even my old cell phone number that was banned in my original account back in 2013

Try it out see if you can do it
Old 09-11-2021

Longevity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
Just to reiterate what he's saying is that you can now make eBay accounts with your real info (SSN,DOB and your current address) as PayPal is no longer a part of eBay. They use manage payments, meaning you get paid via eBay directly into your bank account. If you get banned you can make another one under the same exact info and even same bank account and start over.

I was banned in 2019 under my EIN and Business PayPal for selling expensive items. The account was aged since 2014, I just remade a new account under the same address and used my real info and was able to list a shirt for sale. I just made it today and I'm only waiting on the deposits to come in to verify my bank account. I used last four of SSN and DOB and even my old cell phone number that was banned in my original account back in 2013

Try it out see if you can do it
Could you do this in this hypothetical?
Account 1 used PayPal for years, switched to MP, and then got banned
Account 2 opened with the same info as Account 1 on MP

Would this work without being banned?
Old 09-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronegg View Post
Could you do this in this hypothetical?
Account 1 used PayPal for years, switched to MP, and then got banned
Account 2 opened with the same info as Account 1 on MP

Would this work without being banned?
Certainly feels like this - reuse of info for MP again and again
Old 09-11-2021

Longevity: 18%

I think mobile phone is much better right now for selling on eBay. Although it is not convenient for managing account etc, it is the best way to equip you with a brand new environment, new device, new ip address, so you not get linked to the previous banned info. I just moved to a new city and got a new iphone. I was banned on the Jan early this year but now I registered a new account under the same name and DOB, but with a different bank account as precocious. Now the account is live and sold the first item successfully. I don't know if it will get banned later but right now it is living and passed through MP already.
Old 09-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielLin View Post
I think mobile phone is much better right now for selling on eBay. Although it is not convenient for managing account etc, it is the best way to equip you with a brand new environment, new device, new ip address, so you not get linked to the previous banned info. I just moved to a new city and got a new iphone. I was banned on the Jan early this year but now I registered a new account under the same name and DOB, but with a different bank account as precocious. Now the account is live and sold the first item successfully. I don't know if it will get banned later but right now it is living and passed through MP already.
Do you mean you are using the eb app?
Old 09-14-2021

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Certainly feels like this - reuse of info for MP again and again
So if I have multiple MP accounts all under same real name, real Dob real ssn, I converted all stealths to those real details ... what happens if one gets suspended permanently. Do they all get shut down?

That's what has so many of us worried.
Old 09-14-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippedb View Post
I sold many softmodded video game consoles a few years ago needing money for rent and groceries. Unfortunately, I was caught after a few weeks. What's really sad is since the pandemic started all those consoles I sold are now worth at least twice as much in value without any modifications. All that extra work I did going out of my way sometimes spending entire days to include everything for the buyer to never be bored again was for nothing. Anyway, I've tried creating several eBay and Paypal accounts over the past month following the eBay stealth guide step by step but the accounts keep receiving permanent suspensions. I wish I knew what I am doing wrong. I promise the new account will be used strictly to sell legitimate items as I have learned my lesson. My business would have been much farther along if only I had been legitimate from the beginning. I hope no one has done the same stupid mistakes I have.

Tell us step by step in detail what you did and we'll help you
Old 09-15-2021

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepianoman View Post
So if I have multiple MP accounts all under same real name, real Dob real ssn, I converted all stealths to those real details ... what happens if one gets suspended permanently. Do they all get shut down?

this depends on the reason for suspension. The most lethal reasons are identity verification issues and VERO

so obviously if right holder start filing complaints against you it is very likely you will be completely removed. The same with unverifiable personal details , one of my customers actually told me what happened to them and it was interesting:

they had 2 stealth personal accounts and 3 stealth business accounts. so when they converted one of the stealth business to MP they used the same stealth details as one of the stealth personal accounts. of course the details could not be verified and ID was requested. Eventually they just changed the details to their real details and sent in their real ID

but guess what , the personal account with the same details that had not been on MP yet was suspended the same night indefinitely. although the business account with real details was eventually verified , the personal account went down and any attempts to ask ebay to reinstate or send in real details failed
Old 09-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepianoman View Post

Doesn't seem like that's the case so far....each MP seems to be handled separately for now
Old 09-15-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Do you mean you are using the eb app?
Yes, I am a private seller with low SKUs and the app on iphone is perfect for me. Because iphone is so secure that it forbids eBay acquires any private information to link you up, imei number, location etc, all forbiden. If you are running a great number of SKUs, I would recommend using ipad to use the eBay website page. It provides the same level of security and you can easily manage multiple accounts by using different browsers on the same device (Cookies between browsers cannot be shared, each browser is like an individual sandbox). Just remember to acquire a new ip when switching broswers. I here use a mobile hotspot, I just need to reboot it and it will get a new ip for me from network provider.
Old 09-15-2021

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
the great thing is eBay is ruining peoples lives. reeeeee selling is sooooooo 2009. Time to move on fellow humans. Big tech is CANCER and will always get you destroyed in the end. Has the government ever helped you? NO. maybe once or twice with food stamps or stimulus but in the end they will destroy you if you follow them.
Old 09-15-2021

Longevity: 38%

lol wut
Old 09-15-2021

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
lol wut
big tech is the government. They will crush you untill you die.
Old 09-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
big tech is the government. They will crush you untill you die.
Lord have mercy...
Old 09-17-2021

Quote:
I just got my first payout today. All running smoothly.
Old 09-17-2021

Longevity: 32%

I only use eB app have since 2015. My personal buying and selling accounts were banned last month and if I start over I have to wait out the low limit so a friend gave me her old account from 2006 that’s been sitting. Said she will never ever do eBay again so take it. I know that’s been discouraged but what do I have to lose.
Thinking of getting a cheapo iPhone/ Walmart sim but I’m worried about using my own Info and a new bank account for MP. I had PayPal for years then
MP on that account.
IF a seller account is banned due to being tied to a banned buying account wonder if MP info is even a biggie.
I also wonder if eBay bans by device info.
The app works for me due to travel etc. also I wonder if they track by Apple ID as you can use that to sign in to eBay.
I’ve purchased eBay Stealth for the second time and plan to memorize it before doing anything. It would be easier to buy a stealth but MP freaks me out.

Last edited by Kobaltbleu; 09-17-2021 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

yea but using the app is too risky.

Why not travel with a small laptop?
Old 09-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I just got my first payout today. All running smoothly.
Congrats so far
Old 09-18-2021

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
yea but using the app is too risky.

Why not travel with a small laptop?
I have a Mac laptop and ipad. I had used them all previously twitch those accounts.
Honestly I’m not very tech savvy and stealth is a struggle for me so I need to keep it simple. This is how I pay my extra bills ans I have two storage units full of merch I had just acquired from boutique liquidation so I have to get something going.
I had my main seller account from 2000 over 8900 perfect FB worked on it so hard and it wake them down when my buying account was banned due to get this misuse of eBays return policy. I had 4 returns in one month all OKd by eBay they even made the seller pay return ship. I have called and begged for my selling account only to be reactivated they won’t budge. I don’t even sell high risk items.
Thanks for the reply SaiJin, I appreciate your advice and helping newbies.

Last edited by Kobaltbleu; 09-18-2021 at 10:06 AM.