eBay and Paypal strategy - help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default eBay and Paypal strategy - help

I've had an eBay and linked Paypal account for about 2 years. 100% positive rating(s) and very good experience(s).

About 2 months ago I had a double-bad experience; I listed two items - a laptop computer ($500) and a very nice digital camera kit ($2000). The buyers paid and when they got their items, I had two filings with eBay (laptop) and Paypal (camera) asking for refunds.

All went ok, except that I got scammed on the camera and the buyer returned a box with a broken piece of electronics in it. Needless to say both eBay and Paypal sided with the buyers since they returned their items.

I've called and explained everything to Paypal and they would not budge from their decision so now I owe both Paypal and eBay money for their refunds. I agree with the eBay decision and have wired them the money I owe.

The question is -- what will happen if I just ignore the Paypal decision, continue to owe them $2K, and try to link my eBay account (which will be in good standing) to my wife's Paypal - also in perfect standing?

Is this a good strategy? I'd like to continue to use eBay but there's no way that I'm paying Paypal back for a wrong decision. As a seller I guess you just get screwed sometimes (since I don't know what kind of recourse I could have?).

Thanks and sorry for the long post!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

Linking another account will not work !
Old 01-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

If you didnt link that account only your ebay and paypal would be limited.
If you linked it to the other paypal account you mentioned that one will get suspended as well.
As a matter of fact if the Ebay and paypal accounts you mentioned get limited there is a good chance your wife's paypal account will also get limited even if you did NOT link them - because you probably have the same address on all of those ebay/paypal accounts.

Last edited by slokor; 01-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Well the eBay account is not suspended at this time. The Paypal one is because of a negative balance/etc.

So my thought was to:

-- pay off the eBay balance and get the eBay account back in good standing;
-- de-link the 'bad' / 'suspended' Paypal account from eBay;
-- add another clean account (mine/wife's/etc.) to eBay;

From what I've read here, the accounts are linked back-and-forth between eBay and Paypal and eventually the eBay one will suspend as well -- is that correct?

Are there any other strategies to salvage the eBay account which has perfect standing?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm View Post
I've had an eBay and linked Paypal account for about 2 years. 100% positive rating(s) and very good experience(s).

About 2 months ago I had a double-bad experience; I listed two items - a laptop computer ($500) and a very nice digital camera kit ($2000). The buyers paid and when they got their items, I had two filings with eBay (laptop) and Paypal (camera) asking for refunds.

All went ok, except that I got scammed on the camera and the buyer returned a box with a broken piece of electronics in it. Needless to say both eBay and Paypal sided with the buyers since they returned their items.

I've called and explained everything to Paypal and they would not budge from their decision so now I owe both Paypal and eBay money for their refunds. I agree with the eBay decision and have wired them the money I owe.

The question is -- what will happen if I just ignore the Paypal decision, continue to owe them $2K, and try to link my eBay account (which will be in good standing) to my wife's Paypal - also in perfect standing?

Is this a good strategy? I'd like to continue to use eBay but there's no way that I'm paying Paypal back for a wrong decision. As a seller I guess you just get screwed sometimes (since I don't know what kind of recourse I could have?).

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

There are many scammers on eBay who are trying to take advantage of people. Here are a few things to avoid if you don't want to have problems:

Don't send without shipping confirmation. If you ship using the USPS, you can ship using their online shipping service and it will automatically add on an extra for shipping confirmation. If you don't have proof of delivery, and then people can simply claim that the item never came and PayPal will refund the money to them and take it away from you.

Escrow is a great service for expensive items since it's designed to protect both buyer and seller. An independent third party holds the money until the item has been received and inspected by the customer. Once the customer certifies that the item meets their expectations and everything is good, the money is released to the seller.

There is a reason why PayPal requires confirmed addresses for shipping items and why they will not protect you if you ship to an unconfirmed address. If someone steals a credit card number and has an item shipped to an "alternate" address, you will be responsible once the real owner of the credit card shows up and makes a claim. There is nothing PayPal can do to protect you from this kind of eBay fraud. Remember to ship expensive items to confirmed addresses only.
Old 01-21-2010

you can check paypals user agreement policy and see what actions they can take against you if you default on the 2k. read the entire section 10. collection agencies can get involved. legal action can be taken. their are alot of possibilities and ifs. also nothing could happen. it can go either way. dont think they wont pursue that money though. if your info is linked to it, at least be prepared for that possibility. ive done alot of research on this same topic, and have had the same situation. i just had to bite the bullet because it was legitimate info on the account, my credit was more important to me.
Old 01-21-2010

No. You have to pay for eBay's mistakes.

You also probably got nailed in the general attack by eBay against its own small sellers in an effort to be more like Amazon.com. There is no other solution if you wish to keep your current account. Welcome to the Nightmare.
Old 01-22-2010

a nightmare it is. evil they are. dark side i sense, in paypal and ebay. destroyed they must be.