Business Upgrade advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Business Upgrade advice

Ok, I was a large seller on ebay and was kicked off paypal and ebay in 2002. I tried once or twice to reopen an ebay account was never successfull, not for long anyway. So about two years ago, I had a buddy open a paypal account and I opened another ebay with my grandfathers name and address. I began selling with no problems. Doing fine a few hundred transactions later. Now I have this ever growing website and sales on ebay and am thinking about a more serious venture. I realize every day is a risk. I have signed up with google checkout and moneybookers with my legitimate info but paypal by far is 95% of the payment trade. I guess im looking for advice and opinions. Im not sure if they even have a record of my info anymore? I actually updated ebay with the correct name and recieve money order payments and shipments to my actual name. My address is different now days so perhaps the different zip and addy are the reason ebay doesnt bother me. Paypal has never said anything either. Mind you there was a lapse of one-two years with absolutely no activity, so now its different addy, ip etc. But nowdays Im investing in a website, product, I have a $4-5k in inventory and although it isnt my main source of income, I would hate to loose it. I lost a merchant account at about the same time as my business and paypal in 2002 so I dont think I could qualify for one now as believe I was added to the black list. For anyone wondering, I never have tried to commit frad or any such thing. I was a full time seller prior to 2002, had many happy customers. But I held on to a failing product for too long and finally simply went broke. Had customers who had been charged that I couldnt ship or refund for a little while, lost paypal and merchant account. Finally gave up, and lost every penny I had. But I never took anyones money or didnt ship. Im posting for two reasons, to share my methods and perhaps learn a thing or two about the reason why I can still sell and recieve funds. Also, Im thinking of upgrading to a business account. It looks funny to have a domain name then request payment from my buddies name in paypal. Id like it to show as my domain name. Id like to come clean and have an honest account in my name, but im not sure if Id like to try and refire their interest in me. sorry for the text book post
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!