A new twist? - problems selling w/newly registered accounts? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-16-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Leonid
no they were saying that there were suspended right away.. How old was the accounts before you started selling and when was they created Leonid?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2007

Longevity: 98%

i create all of my 3 accounts like 8 days ago... 3accounts with different ip. and i post after i open them. They are ok now .
how to know if you were suspended for feedbacks or for being suspended user before? easy .. if you don't get suspended in 7 day that means they don't know unless then you make mistake like buying feedback or some other mistake. if i register with my suspended ip next day in the morning when they come to work my account is suspended.(every time in the past)

another way to tell if you are suspended for buying feedbucks or for being suspendet before is:
When they don't know is you and suspend you for feedbacks is when they suspend you and cancel actions wich you received feedbacks for , but they don't cancel your sold items nor do they send threatening emails to your buyers.. i know because my buyers told me that
Old 04-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I tried it, too. I had ten feedback and put the item up in the evening after the account had been five days old. The account was cancelled at 2am for "abusing ebay". I think it's some automated bot system.
Did you offer paypal or an merchant account? And did you get your feedback thru penny auctions and ebooks?

What is the user id? Since is cancelled I'm pretty sure you wont mind giving it up?
Old 04-17-2007

Quote:
I offered paypal. I also bumped the feedback both with low auctions (like 20 cents, not 1 cents) and then had some shills (the shills had at least 5 feedbacks on average) via proxies and Tor (each shill had a different web browser message, too) bump it up to 10. Everything in the auction was new and different than what I'd done before so they couldn't link me.

I then decided I'm adding any CCs to my accounts and just bumping feedbacks with penny auctions. So I find that every single one of them has buying limits on them no matter what I bid on. This is odd because I've only seen buying limits when I've made accounts through proxies eBay doesn't like. So I make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal accounts to link and still they are stuck on buying limits--which this used to get past buying limit. I have dialup and may IP has always changed when making each account.

So I guess I'll have to make hundreds of accounts and let them all sit for months.

I think ebay is just ****listing any new accounts.
No wonder your getting suspended..Quit buying penny and .20 cent auctins. Thats why your getting ****listed.

And quit using proxies..Just do it the right way and earn your feedback..
Old 04-17-2007

Quote:
Okay it seems not all have buying limits on them. I also find that the geotargetting thing tends to make things bad, but geotargetting doesn't make the account unusable it if it's too far away.
where are you located?
Old 04-17-2007

Can't be only the ones who've tried to buy penny auctions and so forth. I've tried listing with 0 feedback and I still get suspended. I heard stories about how people are able to list right away after creating an account but it doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old 04-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Jonas, if you keep following those ideas you will be suspended time and again.
Thank you Modee. Thats what I'm saying..Quit scamming to get feedback.. Make a new account , browse ebay for about a few days or so and place a few bids here and there, then list something for sell.
Old 04-17-2007

i found something interesting about 1p feedbacks
i have tested on 2 of my new 0 f accounts
what i do is i post and then i buy 4 feedbacks and im ok
it looks like ebay system flags only if you go over 9f because i have tested in the past
... i had posted and got 8 free feedbacks that i got in 1day and then i have been selling for 2days but no it wasn't inaff for me and i went and got 2 more and next day suspended.
Old 04-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid5000 View Post
i found something interesting about 1p feedbacks
i have tested on 2 of my new 0 f accounts
what i do is i post and then i buy 4 feedbacks and im ok
it looks like ebay system flags only if you go over 9f because i have tested in the past
... i had posted and got 8 free feedbacks that i got in 1day and then i have been selling for 2days but no it wasn't inaff for me and i went and got 2 more and next day suspended.
Can you please clarify that. Leonid
Old 04-17-2007

Quote:
I think what he is saying is that buying the feedbacks is not the issue, it's when you try to sell with phony feedback that you get suspended. Anyway, whether that is what he means or not, that is the case as far as I know.

He is also saying that if you buy less than ten feedbacks you won't get suspended at all, but i disagree with that statement.
yes i think that if you buy less then 10 you will be ok . im testing this thing with feedbacks... lets test and ill emanate the problem one by one
Old 04-17-2007

A year ago i was doing some crazy staff but today it is all different.. i was buying 1p feedbacks for 4years never had problems but now they have new security program working. go ahead and buy 200 1pany feedbacks today and see what happens
Old 04-18-2007

Quote:
yes i think that if you buy less then 10 you will be ok . im testing this thing with feedbacks... lets test and ill emanate the problem one by one
Not true.. I disagree with that as well. Why don't you all just earn feedback?
Old 04-18-2007

well if you are not going to do a test you will never know .. i have tested and know from my experience that with couple of 1p feedbacks you will not get suspended. I suspect that only after certain number of feedbacks their software will be triggered. earning feedback (form buyers) form 0 takes too long for my product. But with 2 feedbacks i start making 3k week.. if i had to wait for week i would lose lots of $ ... and i do not except pay pal therefore no one will bid on my stuff with 0 feedbacks ,, so i buy couple of low price items .. it depends what product you sell for what price and what payment you except
Old 04-18-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Is it best to remove all suspended email accounts from paypal before opening a new ebay account to reduce the chances of getting linked? Or does it not matter .. other than just adding a completely new one to paypal?
Old 04-19-2007

I co-sign that Modee
Old 04-21-2007

Default My 2 cents

I just had 3 accounts suspended in the last few days, since they changed the page outlook actually. As usual there was nothing linking the accounts, I changed IPs, registration info, nicks, you know the works. Yet the first one (opened on 01/21) was down within hours of the first listing. I figured I screwed up somehow and they managed to link me to an old one.
Next day I try again (account opened on 03/19) I list tshirts and safe stuff. I get and FPA notice within hours.
Third account, opened on 03/29 same thing.
I tried a new one yesterday and it's been up for 1 day now, although it is taking noticeable longer for them to upload the auctions. The only thing I did differently with the one that is still up is I opened a new photobucket account to host my pics.
So my thoughts: First account went down because it was linked to a suspended one but I got caught surprisingly fast, like there is some kind of new control system in place. Second account went down because I listed 20 items on an account less than one month old. Seems like a new thing to me, I used to be able to do that no problem. Third account was also less than one month old, I am pretty sure that is the key thing. The account that still works will be more than one month old tomorrow so I think it will be safer to list more stuff in it now. By the way I do not buy ebooks or feeds so that did not flag any alert in my case.
Anyways, just thought I might share that with you guys.
Old 04-21-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuerva86 View Post
...I tried a new one yesterday and it's been up for 1 day now, although it is taking noticeable longer for them to upload the auctions. The only thing I did differently with the one that is still up is I opened a new photobucket account to host my pics.
Cuerva: great summary. We need more case history like this on this board. One question on uploading pictures to ebay. The one new (and only so far) account I've tried to open I just uploaded a picture straight from my computer to ebay. Suspended in an hour. Since I did the same thing in my suspended account, do you think they could've linked me? Relatedly, what's the advantage of using photobucket or the like?
Old 04-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuerva86 View Post
I just had 3 accounts suspended in the last few days, since they changed the page outlook actually. As usual there was nothing linking the accounts, I changed IPs, registration info, nicks, you know the works. Yet the first one (opened on 01/21) was down within hours of the first listing. I figured I screwed up somehow and they managed to link me to an old one.
Next day I try again (account opened on 03/19) I list tshirts and safe stuff. I get and FPA notice within hours.
Third account, opened on 03/29 same thing.
I tried a new one yesterday and it's been up for 1 day now, although it is taking noticeable longer for them to upload the auctions. The only thing I did differently with the one that is still up is I opened a new photobucket account to host my pics.
So my thoughts: First account went down because it was linked to a suspended one but I got caught surprisingly fast, like there is some kind of new control system in place. Second account went down because I listed 20 items on an account less than one month old. Seems like a new thing to me, I used to be able to do that no problem. Third account was also less than one month old, I am pretty sure that is the key thing. The account that still works will be more than one month old tomorrow so I think it will be safer to list more stuff in it now. By the way I do not buy ebooks or feeds so that did not flag any alert in my case.
Anyways, just thought I might share that with you guys.

if they suspend you that fast it has to be your suspended ip.. or you open too many accounts to fast on 1 ip.
What's My IP? you use comcast cable ? maybe you think you changed ip but you didn't? did you clean cookie?
Old 04-21-2007

Quote:
if they suspend you that fast it has to be your suspended ip.. or you open too many accounts to fast on 1 ip.
What's My IP? you use comcast cable ? maybe you think you changed ip but you didn't? did you clean cookie?
I am in Argentina and I use cable modem. I have 3 different network boards (not sure that's the actual name in english for it!) in my pc so that I switch the modem connection from one to the other to get different IPs very often. I keep a very detailed log of IPs so I know for a fact that everytime I log in to a new account it's with a different IP. I clean up cookies everytime I close IE.
I might have attempted opening new accounts from the same IP but no more than say 2 or 3 accounts. Does not seem like a lot plus I used to do that in the past no problem. Usually I do not open more that one account a day anyways.
My feeling is that they are monitoring new accounts way more closely, hence the delay in uploading new items. Just sharing this with you guys so that you are extra careful, just in case you know.
Old 04-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
Cuerva: great summary. We need more case history like this on this board. One question on uploading pictures to ebay. The one new (and only so far) account I've tried to open I just uploaded a picture straight from my computer to ebay. Suspended in an hour. Since I did the same thing in my suspended account, do you think they could've linked me? Relatedly, what's the advantage of using photobucket or the like?
In my experience uploading pics directly from your computer should pose no risk. Or at least I don't think I have ever been suspended because of that so far. I would check every other possible reason for suspension first. I use photobucket to place html links to pics in the description so that I can have more than one picture up there and not pay ebay fees for posting extra pics.
Old 04-21-2007

Quote:
IP address is the main way EBAY links to a suspended account and closes you down, although cookies are the second way.

I do not think that EBAY shuts down an account just because, say, their system notices that it has ONCE logged onto an IP address associated with a suspended account. They might take an additional step of quickly comparing the auctions from the old to new. If the goods are similar or the same, they shut you down.

Otherwise over time the list of "associated with suspended IPs" would grow enormous. As we give up an old IP it is given to someone else. I find it hard to believe that EBAY will automatically shut down anyone who logs into an account with an IP that has ever been associated with a suspended account. There must be a further control.
I agree with that 100% -
Old 04-21-2007

Quote:
Cuerva, I re-upload the images I use within my html listings every time I have to create a new account, so that the exact same URL link is not used. Maybe that is how they linked you?
I think that is quite possible. I re-uploaded all the images and I will see how that goes, so far the account has been up for over 1 day. However I must have used the same images in the same photobucket account for several ebay accounts in the course of maybe a full year, yet this is the first time I get suspended with the hour of listing. Either I got really unlucky or they are checking more closely.