A new twist? - problems selling w/newly registered accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-10-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Unhappy A new twist? - problems selling w/newly registered accounts?

Hi great site lots to learn! So in the last day or three it seems like they'd banned the ability for newly registered members to sell. Haven't had any problems making new accounts and selling up until this past week (0 feedbacks) and bam now I'm suspended within 2 or 3 hours of putting something up. Just for fun I listed some completely innocent things. Like a robe with one and a t-shirt with a different user name (differnt everything) and same thing! Both gone within a few hours of creating the different accounts! Will they not let newly registered members sell anymore? Do we have to wait a week? Do we have to wait two weeks? etc.?

Only thing I can ascertain is I've been using different addresses etc. but all in the same general city and the name has stayed fairly constant...could my name just be blacklisted in this region? Its a very generic name btw.

Other odd thing is items I listed about 4 days ago are still up and going strong...none of this makes much sense to me unless they just implemented some changes in policy in the last 48-72 hrs.??? thanks for input!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

EBay does changes rules and policies often, but if you're being suspended so fast for simple listings it seems like you're being linked to old suspended accounts. I would check your account creation process and make sure you're 100% with the guide I created. Your IP address, email address, and cookies are the main things to pay attention to. Make sure these definitely different per account.
Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm getting suspended and the whole "abusing ebay" garbage. Strange thing is I have a listing going off in the next 24 hrs. that is fine. Listed it 4 days back. Its only in trying to list stuff in the last 24-48 hrs. have I encountered this problem.

Perhaps if someone could try to make a new sellers account and let me know if it actually works and they can list stuff on the first day that'd be great! I think they just started something new though and it may cause some problems. Either that or they infected my pc w/some kind of tracking software recently. I have nothing of theirs on my hard drive to my knowledge though and as stated have only just encountered this problem in the last 48 hrs. No problems creating accounts up until then.
Old 04-10-2007

Longevity: 99%

I don't seem to have a problem with listing things the day I sign up.
Old 04-10-2007

I'm actually having the same problems too. Once I create a new account and try to list something.. the account is suspended within the hour. Weird. Must be a new ebay policy. My IP is changed, I'm using a new e-mail address and a new name. Even my credit cards that I'm using have never been used on ebay.
Old 04-10-2007

I always clear my cookies when I create a new account. But lately, every single account I've made and started listing has been suspended by ebay within a few hours. I've even tried different computers at my campus and at the library but the exact same thing happens. The items are not even appearing in the search menu anymore. It's like they already planned the suspension the minute you list.
Old 04-10-2007

Ebay must of had someone that ripped them off big time recently with a new account and now there paranoid
Old 04-10-2007

At first I've tried listing CD's but I thought they may have problems with that. I then tried to sell an old magazine of mine but it also got suspended within an hour. It drove me crazy. I even tried to list a flyer I found lying around but the exact same thing happened. It seems all the suspensions were automated because it happens at about the same time, in 1 hour of auction start.
Old 04-10-2007

Hm, well I didn't post any pictures up when I listed those test auctions like the flyer and magazines. I'm not sure what's caused Ebay to become so strict. Maybe new accounts are expected to wait 30 days maybe before selling or maybe earn feedback through buying items before they're allowed to sell.
Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

Yes I've found listing anything...with newly created accounts are having problems right now. I listed a "robe" just to test them out. No image no nothing and suspended within 1 hour or so. We should try to test some things out here and figure out exactly wth is going on with new sellers not being allowed to list. I imagine it has something to do with how long we've been a member. If we could some people try creating a sellers account after 3 days and someone try after a week. It'd be insane if they weren't allowing newly registered members to list anything for 30 days!
Old 04-10-2007

Yes, I think that would be quite rediculous if we had to wait 30 days to sell, especially when eBay has been on a suspending frenzy with many accounts. I guess it's just another hurdle has in place for people eBay "suspects" is going to commit fraud.
Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

anyone notice ebay changed the look of their main page 2-3 days ago? I also noticed at this time they had fixed the system so that it forced you to offer PP or a merchant account when trying to sell. Up until a few days ago this wasn't the case. I wonder if they just started a whole bunch of new crap to make life dificult 2 days ago. I think some jackass at some ebay townhall thing had to bring this up to Cobb and he got his ass in gear. a shame. anyways hopefully we can figure this limit out soon enough so that we can deal w/it properly. *******s!
Old 04-12-2007

I'm still waiting for an answer
Old 04-12-2007
Threadstarter  

its trial and error right now...i've got some names sitting that i'll try selling with after 7 days...why don't you guys try listing after 48 hrs. w/0 fb and let us know what you find out. I could see them not wanting someone immediately registered to try listing so try 24 hr. and 48 hrs. and let us know what you find out. I'm trying a couple variants w/7 days. 0 fb no bidding...0 fb w/bidding on stuff...a few fb from small items. I'll know more in 4 more days.
Old 04-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
its trial and error right now...i've got some names sitting that i'll try selling with after 7 days...why don't you guys try listing after 48 hrs. w/0 fb and let us know what you find out. I could see them not wanting someone immediately registered to try listing so try 24 hr. and 48 hrs. and let us know what you find out. I'm trying a couple variants w/7 days. 0 fb no bidding...0 fb w/bidding on stuff...a few fb from small items. I'll know more in 4 more days.
quit being cheap and buy regular 5 or 10 dollar items. Then just resell them back on ebay
Old 04-13-2007
Threadstarter  

yeah I don't wanna waste my time with that...buying and selling a bunch of crap just so I can sell a few things is too much work.
Old 04-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
If you are creating a new account (new name, address, credit card), on a new IP address, on a new computer that has not been used to create a suspended account, then there is no way for EBAY to shut you down based on a previously suspended account.

There must be some other issue. What are you selling? Is it so unique that EBAY links you that way? Or is it something EBAY does not want sold?

Gallery images?
Modee, you don't have to buy a new computer do ya?!!!! I am doing to go broke. I hope you are just kidding....
Old 04-14-2007

Didi anyone ever figure out ebay new rule?
Old 04-16-2007

Well so far, I've tested one day and three days wait. Both got me suspended relatively quickly.
Old 04-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCIxMonk View Post
Well so far, I've tested one day and three days wait. Both got me suspended relatively quickly.

How old was the account? Was it a new account? did you have any feedback? Where are you located? Did you offer paypal or an merchant account?
Old 04-16-2007

Default anyone having problems with selling on new accounts?

Just wondering if anyone is having a problem selling on new accounts without getting suspended..?
Old 04-16-2007

i have 3 accounts and all 0 feedbacks and i have posted staff on them is been more then 7 days .. i don't know nothing sold on the new ones because no feedbacks .. there culd be a problem once something sells i don't know.. may be they only look once it sells?