A new twist? - problems selling w/newly registered accounts? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-21-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Update on this new twist

So for the last 2 days I have been monitoring an account I opened on March 21. I listed 3 or 4 tshirts on Thursday and it took hours for the auctions to show up. I listed a few more things on Friday, just a few, I was selling total 8 items. Also, it took at least 2 hours for the auctions to be uploaded.

Today the account is one month old, the "new" icon is gone and I figured I'd give it a more serious try. I have been listing all day my regular items and ALL THE ITEMS ARE UPLOADED IMMEDIATELY, THEY SHOW UP IN THEIR SYSTEM IN MINUTES.

I am pretty sure they are placing tighter restrictions on new accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

That's good news cuerva86. EBay definitely pays more attention to new accounts then older long standing ones. Its official, eBay doesn't like people buying feedback. This includes cheap 20 cent auctions or even selling cheap auctions. It's not the way to go. I'll add a warning to the guide.

Create your account. Make sure all your information is unique! If you reuse anything from a past account, this gives eBay a way to link you. Don't list the same auctions with the same images or links, or even brands. If you brand is "Big Yellow One", then don't include this as the title of the auctions. Everything must be different. And as you know eBay pays a lot of attention to the first 30 days. Take your time, and act like a new eBayer and you'll have a better chance.

Out of all the suspensions I've gotten, and I've gotten a lot before I figured out the system, half of them were instant 'abusing eBay' suspensions. The reasons why I hypothesis was the way I listed my auctions, and what I listed. Description and titles of auctions are very important more ways then one.

You can create an account easy. But if you list the same garbage and cheat on feedbacks you're only wasting your time. You have to figure out eBay's system, and learn from your mistakes if you want to succeed.
Old 04-25-2007
Administrator

Wow, the eBay suspension system got you fast! Did you forget anything when creating the account? Your cookies deleted, using different email address, your IP was changed, no linking of accounts, not using any past info, your auctions totally different? Anything? A person didn't find your account and suspend it, it was software. You gotta beat the system. If anything at all could come back to your old accounts, it will! You can't reuse any old info or auctions!
Old 04-25-2007
Administrator

Listing once cent auctions might do it, but I doubt it. Which email provider did you use? Try using yahoo or gmail next time; I haven't had any problems with them when creating accounts. Listing upgrades won't do it, 3 day listings shouldn't do it, and private listings might look suspicious but shouldn't do it.

You just have to act like a new eBayer. Do what an idiot eBayer would do. Don't list too fast either. Don't look like you know what you're doing. EBay is a bitch and knows everything you do and uses it against you. But I think you may have been linked to a suspend eBay account. Your suspension happened to fast to be anything else. Take more time when creating your next account.
Old 04-25-2007

Longevity: 99%

I don't think so.
For all my accounts I am using the same password, no problems so far.
Old 04-26-2007
Administrator

It's tricky Jonas. What kind of items are you selling? Are they VeRO? Did you buy feedback? How quick after creating your account did you start listing? Did you use any past images, titles or urls? What email provider did you use? You sure your cookies were gone, and your ip address changed? Was the address you used relative to where you're located? Where you IP address is located? What country do you live in?
Old 04-26-2007
Executive [VIP]

hmmm same here its weird, I think they implented something new, I shouldnt be getting suspended the way im doing it now. Ebay is getting smartr gona look more into this now.

Question for jonas, when do you list your items up??? Like how long do you have your new account open and then just list your item from the day you created it?
Old 04-26-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
They're just regular junk, no name brand stuff at all. Well on yahoo I started listing in about an hour. On the gookaa ones I waited. Hmmm for some reason it's not making me use a CC to confirm yahoo--maybe geotargetting passes so I can make the accounts sit.

Well I tried again...
Without listing upgrades and only one category
No Javascript being on while signed in eBay ever from the account
And I put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchant account info in Auctiva

Then I listed a single auction and well it's now up. What seems most logical is that eBay is banning me for raking up a huge bill in listing upgrade fees.
Jonas, couple of questions. 1.) what's the danger of javascript with ebay? 2.) do you post your listings thru auctiva? if so, is there an advantage in doing it this way?
Old 04-26-2007

same thing happened to me. I waited about 2 weeks before i started.
Old 04-26-2007

Look you can't just make an account and list right away and you also can't make an account and let it sit then list items..(Thats Susspect). Ebay assigns you a score base on your usage. if you just register and try to list , you have no score, credit..etc and thats looks bad. wouldn't you think so...

After you open an account you have to browse ebay. Browse the forum and help section and buy a few things.....

I can almost guarentee if you do that you won't get kicked off.

Please just follow these instructions and quit trying to beat the system too fast..

and also I think its the gift cards people are using. Thats what I think..

And where are you registering for ebay at? Library, home, college...etc?????
Old 04-27-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Well I tried some new accounts and found that it appears to be I should only list one item a day (maybe two at most). It could just be related to fees and not number. Maybe listing stuff that racks up huge fees will get them banned. All the giftcards.com cards have the same first four digits (Let's not give this out on the forums in case ebay finds it) and I'm pretty sure ebay looks up the card and traces it to a bank, although it's unknown if that bank says "gift card visa" or if it just says some nondescript visa stuff.

Even if eBay doesn't flag the card as suspect, it's possible that ebay thinks "hmmm maybe someone stole a card and is using a stolen one to charge up ebay fees".

As for using it, I find buying items that start out real cheap but normally sell for high works well, except sometimes the items unfortunately end up selling at say 10 cents and then there's a $40 shipping.
How are you guys opening multiple new accounts? Do you do it on the same IP? Once I try for the second time to open an account (next week after I get dsl) I know it's gonna be hell keeping track of the IP's each time I log on.
Old 04-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Creating an account and listing right away is fine. After all, every day people wake up and decide to join EBAY to either buy or sell stuff.

But if you try to buy feedback with cheap items first, and then sell, you will be suspended.
I disagree. I don't think you can create an account and not get suspended right away..
Old 04-29-2007

Jones,

How can you make 5 different accounts on the same day but still have different ip address for each one?
Old 04-29-2007

Quote:
The listings were all real items. They were just some items (sunglasses) that I've never been able to sell.

Oh and this morning the third got NARU. They were all legit items and legit auctions.

I used dialup and it changes my IP.
Where are you located? USA? What state? Are you cleaning cookies? Use a a different email provider..
Old 04-30-2007

note
most suspensions occur after you do sell something.
Old 10-12-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCIxMonk View Post
Maybe new accounts are expected to wait 30 days maybe before selling or maybe earn feedback through buying items before they're allowed to sell.
I think if new accounts were not allowed to list you would automatically be blocked from listing. Not suspended when you do. An example would be I started listing on an account I had for a while, and I had multiple items I was trying to sell in one auction. I can't remember what the rule was as to how many feebacks I had to have, I think it was 10. But, each time I tried to add multiple items, that area was grayed out. The ebay system blocked me from adding multiple items. Once I got the required amount of feedbacks, I could list mulitple items, but there was a limit as to how many I could list until I got my feedback even higher. So, I think if you could not list when you are new, you would be blocked from doing so all together until you got your buyer's feedback up.
Old 10-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
BUSTED! That EBAY account of mine was suspended today, just four days after I did that. I can't know for sure that is the reason, but I suspect. I got the generic "abusing EBAY" email.

If given the chance, I'll FAX in the docs but in the meantime onwards with my backup account, and stiffing EBAY for the fees due. Hehe!

I emailed all my customers who are awaiting shipment, to assure them I am okay. *Sigh, now I gotta redesign my listings for these same products.
I don't get it modee its like im special. Iv accessed all 6 ebay accounts and 2 paypal ones on the same computer w/o deleting cookies/changing IP. The 2 PP accounts and half of the EB accounts have the same info. 5 EB accounts and 1 PP were suspended all in the same day, but one PP and EB account have been left open for around a year now.. purposely? My paypal account now still has the same email address as one of the suspended ebay accounts. What do you think will happen in the future? im still always paranoid about being suspended anytime.
Old 10-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 95%
Question Cannot sell on new account

Hi, I listed one item last night on account that I created a few days ago, nothing major just kids clothes, and within one hour I was suspended. Yes, I had a new ip, cleaned cookies, cache, new info incl email and tel. WHAT GIVES? You have to wait thirty days or more to sell? I used a real address, of someone else, name of someone, and a working landline.
The account was not suspended until after the listing was placed.
Perhaps when I created new Auctiva account, and used the token to list? Or when I created a new Bidpay account and used the ebay token? I am looking to buy an account if possible, I messaged the two approved sellers on this board. Thanks guys have a great day!
Old 10-12-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

You are doing or did something wrong if you get suspended withing a hour. Was the kids clothes designer items??
Old 10-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

1 gymboree used jacket! Is that designer???
Old 10-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

But as for ebay rules, it seems as if they alter them from day to day. Especially right now.
Old 10-12-2007

Modee so you are saying that it's not possible to keep an account for over $45 days??? i was hoping i can keep my new ebay account and keep it forever and take good care of it. please advise if ebay catches up later on.