Can't believe I am joining this club, now what? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Can't believe I am joining this club, now what?

member since 01. Selling for 5+ years. Selling about 4k a month. We have 99.3% and if you look at our stars the lowest it shows is a 4.6 and over 2,000 feedbacks.(5 negs within 12mths) We have had a few on items not as described, most were shipping time and cost. Both of these we stated in our listing when we shipped bec/ of our other work schedule and we charged what USPS charges and combine shipping when possible. We were informed almost a month ago we could only list 100 things. Listed some and then about a week ago stated we could list 45 so that is how many we listed. Less than 2 dang days before they were over, the were ended and we were sent a notice we have been restricted indefinitely from selling due to poor seller performance!!! WTH?? Called they said nothing could be done it was all computer generated. We always try to be up front, don't rip people off on shipping have good feedback. I don't get it. We have just been shaking our heads. This is my income to stay at home and has been for the passed 5 years. They are suspending the wrong sellers. EVEN though they told me they were removing the bad ones. Really? we are the bad sellers? I just bought something off of someone they have 92.9% tons of low dsr's and overcharged me for shipping, yet they are still listing and I'm sitting here. We have another account but it has been limited to 10 every 30 days. It was an older account but I didn't sign up to sell with it until recently. I'm guessing they will get linked. The newer one is my husbands name, the older is mine with my paypal and our bank acct. What can we do? The only other thing I know to do is go try a relatives house and their bank. Is it ever going to be possible for us to sell from home again? I can't believe this. We have been having so many things go wrong in the passed few months and now this. thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

purchase the stealth guide
Old 12-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This happens to a lot of people. Many people hear stories about sellers being kicked off of eBay and think that it does not apply to them, that eBay just boots the scam artists, counterfeiters, and thieves. But nothing could be further from the truth. eBay CAN and DOES kick honest sellers off all the time.

First Edition is right, get the Stealth Book. Spread your sales over many accounts and lessen the risk that eBay could shut down 100% of your business. That way, if you lose an account, you still have others producing for you.
Old 12-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

You stated that your shipping time had low DSR scores due to your other work schedule. But then you mentioned that this has been your stay at home income for the past 5 years. I understand you are frustrated and upset what Ebay has done to you but you should never have DSR scores that low. If you notice your scores dropping then you need to re-examine your business model and make the necessary changes to stop getting low scores.
Your best bet is to purchase the stealth guide and read it several times and look through the forum BEFORE you start making more accounts using other peoples information. We are here to help you but don't expect people to spoon feed the whole way. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-08-2010

Longevity: 78%

4.6/5/0 isn't exactly a low score. Ebay's standards are unrealistic. That is the problem.
Old 12-08-2010

Same here. I was doing great on eBay, a member since 2005. Never screwed anyone over, then a couple of morons made life miserable for me.
Long story short, I got shut down in April. After a brief panic attack I gathered my senses, went online and discovered Aspkin's.
I bought the Stealth Book and quickly got back on and selling again. It helped me from making mistakes that would have gotten my account linked and shut down again.
It's a shame that legitimate sellers such as you, myself and countless others here have to resort to stealth to continue our livelihood on eBay.
Old 12-09-2010

Have you tried to call them?? have you spoken with them?

Chances are you are screwed and will get linked But not all hope is lost...You found us.
Old 12-09-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Start over from scratch using stealth info with several accounts.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Start over, go stealth open multiple stealth accounts build them slowly. Starting up is always the hardest part you'll get the hang of it.
Old 12-09-2010

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

That's the reason why we hate ebay.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
4.6/5/0 isn't exactly a low score. Ebay's standards are unrealistic. That is the problem.
All of my accounts are 4.9 or higher on each section. If the item you ship is exactly as described in your listing and you ship right away not 4 days later and do not charge outrageous fees for shipping then why should your customer give you anything less than 5.0 stars?
Old 12-09-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
All of my accounts are 4.9 or higher on each section. If the item you ship is exactly as described in your listing and you ship right away not 4 days later and do not charge outrageous fees for shipping then why should your customer give you anything less than 5.0 stars?
So are you saying that a seller should be suspended because his shipping is 4.6/5.0? Sure the seller has gotten some 4s, but obviously, he's gotten more 5s than 4s. I do understand however that he should improve the shipping time, but that should not be a reason for suspension. That is my point.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - as you have noticed, lot of people chime in right away with solid advice. Looking forward to your contributions as you get informed.

All the best.
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So are you saying that a seller should be suspended because his shipping is 4.6/5.0? Sure the seller has gotten some 4s, but obviously, he's gotten more 5s than 4s. I do understand however that he should improve the shipping time, but that should not be a reason for suspension. That is my point.
No what I was stating is that he had to have received quite a few 3 or 4's in order to get his score down that low. Either that or he has only had minimal amount of transactions. With a minimal amount I can see it being easy to have a 4.6.
As for being suspended he mentioned other things such as product not as described issues also. My point was if you are getting low scores and problems with complaints about product quality you need to look at your business model. Ebay is becoming more like Amazon and only wants sellers that provide top quality service and products.
Old 12-09-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Anything below 5 is not acceptable to ebay

It should be a zero to one star system
Old 12-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%

thank you everyone. No I am not asking to be "spoon fed". I'm just trying to see if there are any options for me. I talked to 3 people. One was outfit cocky and rude. The other two acted though they understood but said they could not do anything.

They said there were some items not as described but we are at 4.8 for that. I admit a couple I screwed up measurements but a few times they don't read what it fits.
Most are for shipping price/shipping time. Which we charge exactly what USPS priority charges. I argued with ebay over this and they said it doesn't matter what the post office charges, it is what the buyer thinks is expensive! Why should I be punished for someone else's rates? The other was shipping time but yes I stay home. Husband works 3 different shifts so we have in the listings a few times we ship within 5 business days. And we put that we use USPS Priority and Combine shipping. When I talked with ebay they all said it was just the buyers opinions. They don't look at the percentage, so then why have it? Why they can't take both in account and see I have only had 5 negatives and 755 postives? What really gets me is most are repeat customers. So, if they really thought it was horrible they would not keep coming back. It is just pathetic what is going on and the honest sellers can't do anything to fix the problem. They don't want to help at all. YET sellers that have under 99% and even lower dsr's are still listing like crazy? what the heck is up with that? How is that fair?

thanks again.
Old 12-09-2010
MU

It's not fair. It sucks, horribly, straight up and down garbage.

Purchase the stealth guide and move forward.
Old 12-09-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Gotta hate eBay for the way they treat everyone...I fell your pain...get the Stealth Book, read it twice for a NOOB. Read the forums, ask questions...soak it up and enjoy!
Old 12-09-2010

Quote:
4.6 is probably the bottom 10% and that's the portion of Ebay sellers who are at most risk. We are all in the same boat, so the lowest rated sellers are on notice whether it seems fair or not.
Old 12-09-2010
MU

4.6 out of 5 is 92 out of 100. Growing up that was an A on a test. This means 92 out of 100 people are okay with whatever metric they decided to grade.... I wish I live to own a business where 92 out of 100 people are satisfied 100%

Unless I hand deliver non-pooping puppies at a cost of zero dollars with a complimentary check and a candy bar, I don't think it's going to happen. Because even with a poopless puppy.... someone is still going to b!tch and compla!n.
Old 12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
4.6 out of 5 is 92 out of 100. Growing up that was an A on a test. This means 92 out of 100 people are okay with whatever metric they decided to grade.... I wish I live to own a business where 92 out of 100 people are satisfied 100%

Unless I hand deliver non-pooping puppies at a cost of zero dollars with a complimentary check and a candy bar, I don't think it's going to happen. Because even with a poopless puppy.... someone is still going to b!tch and compla!n.
Sure but have you ever seen a seller with DSR's below say 4.5? You really have to be doing something wrong it seems to go that low. I don't do anything special (except ship promptly?) and I have never had any DSR go below 4.9......famous last words. But seriously I'd really have to start getting pretty lax to go down to 4.6, and I'm sure I'd hear from Ebay too.
Old 12-09-2010
MU

4.6 is below ebay's standards.... That is an unrealistic expectation of what to hold an account seller, when you're only a venue with publicly displayed feedback. This is an insane reason to kick someone off the site.

I've actually seen people with higher feedback and perfect ratings get kicked. Happens all the time, and they come here for help.

The feedback systems purpose was only to give a customer or trader an idea of the sellers performance before buying. Buyer beware, because this person is a stranger. That's it. Now it's a RIDICULOUS war of attrition.