Trademark Infringement / /Copyright / VERO Issues - Cease & Desist letters. - Page 13 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%

yea, it really is.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2008

Longevity: 96%

so what do you think??? Do i have a chance on getting reinstated after 7 days without providing any paperwork??
Old 04-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Word of caution before shelling out "four figures" for those pre 11/2007 accounts. If it is a USA account with low feedback (less than 10) as a SELLER you can list on the USA site and accept paypal OR merchant account. I have reinstated several of my pre 11/2007 accounts and sell ONLY VERO internationally and in the USA so I know this for a FACT. If you choose to sell internationally, they will REQUIRE paypal be accepted and dont give you a merchant account option. They also give you the message that your paypal payment MAY be held for 21 days (Their automated system checks the paypal email address you put in to confirm that it is VERIFIED and the email address that is REGISTERED with that account....FYI Knowledge is Power
Old 04-16-2008

so as i understand I have a channce of being reinstated, am i right?? thanks
Old 04-16-2008

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandcalm View Post
Word of caution before shelling out "four figures" for those pre 11/2007 accounts. If it is a USA account with low feedback (less than 10) as a SELLER you can list on the USA site and accept paypal OR merchant account. I have reinstated several of my pre 11/2007 accounts and sell ONLY VERO internationally and in the USA so I know this for a FACT.

If you choose to sell internationally, they will REQUIRE paypal be accepted and dont give you a merchant account option. They also give you the message that your paypal payment MAY be held for 21 days (Their automated system checks the paypal email address you put in to confirm that it is VERIFIED and the email address that is REGISTERED with that account....FYI Knowledge is Power
That's weird. I opened an new account, waited till built up to 10 feedback. It's about 8 months old now and they also gave me the option to use a merchant account even when it had less than 10. They're not making me use paypal either. I started off here and then followed all the precedures and no problems. I swear it's true. I was kinda relieved it was so simple to do.

yey Aspkin guide!
Old 04-20-2008

Your chances of being reinstated are slim. Many 7 day suspensions turn out to be permanent.
Old 04-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
To sell VERO you need a pre 11/2007 account, and no one is going to sell you an account worth so much for anything short of four figures.
Why would you need a pre 11/2007 account to sell VERO.
Old 04-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

2006bmr, If you get that account re-instated without supplying ANY info, then please
accept my formal invitation to adopt you. You will be the luckiest AND only ebay user I
know that has done this. Chances are very very low.
But if it works, let us know so we can celebrate with you.

btw I can't adopt you,sorry. ROFL.
Old 04-22-2008

hugs, not thugz
Old 04-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

The only reason I would want a pre 11/2007 account is so I don't have to offer paypal in my auctions.
Old 04-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Why would you need a pre 11/2007 account to sell VERO.
they seem to surpass ebays VERO policy easier and somehow take less of a beating from violations etc.
Old 04-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI Guys:
Yes, and My Own Experience has been: The Pre-11/07 accts that actually get suspended--Reinstate them, with the faxing in of the id,etc.
THEN--seems like Clear Sailing..
Old 04-23-2008

Default cease & desist, settlement demands

so anyone actually have an attorney pursue you on a settlement demand and if you dont comply follow through with filing a suit?

Someone sent me a cease & desist letter along with demanding $5000 as a settlement. Ive sold 4 of these shirts ( $8-$10 a piece) and they were graphics i made myself. but according to them, it is a close resemblance to their trademark. Ive told them that I do not use their brand name/font or anything, therefore i dont feel i am infringing, they say the likeness is sufficient enough. I have verified they are legitemite. Ive seen a few posts about cease and desist, but havent read much about lawsuits.
check out this site regarding them:
Tabberone's Hall of Shame - Cyber Cops Continental Enterprises

any experience would be appreciated... im off to seek legal advice!
Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

dont admit to anything, ignore it, all they do is try and scare you.
may we know what brand/company this is?
Old 04-23-2008

Jack Daniels, Continental Enterprises is contracted through them to police the internet on infringers. my graphic does not bare their name.
Old 04-23-2008

Exclamation Update On Vero Trademark Infringement Case--any Advice Appreciated

Hi Everyone..

I wrote into the forum a few weeks ago regarding my friend who was being looked at by the Trademark holding company for selling counterfeit items. A customer had sent an item to the company for repairs and they stated the item was a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

The Company said they opened an investigation. She hasn't heard anything for 2 weeks and today she received the following letter.

Can someone please advise if this is just a standard cease/desist letter and if it is really necessary she contact customers as said or they will really file charges--also, in the first line, it says "it is likely" all items sold are counterfeit--not definatley, so it's confusing why she should notify ALL customers. Just wondering if she should respond back at all and if something will really come of this. Thanks in advance.
__________________________________________________ _______________

My investigation is now complete. I have determined that it is likely that all XXXXXX products sold by you are counterfeit.

This email is to place you on notice that XXXXXX Company has determined that you have sold a significant number of counterfeit XXXXXX bearing registered trademarks of our Company and infringing valid United States patents owned by the Company.

We have notified eBay that products sold by you are not authentic products.

Under U.S. and most state laws, the importing, marketing, selling, and distribution of counterfeit goods is a crime, often a felony.

XXXXXX demands that you immediately cease and desist from the sales of goods bearing counterfeits of registered trademarks of our Company and otherwise infringing the Company’s intellectual property. The Company also demands that you contact all buyers that you have sold counterfeit goods to, inform them that the products you sold them are not authentic, and offer to refund the purchase price. In order that we can confirm your good faith, please cc me on all of these notifications by using my email address XXXXXX.com

In addition, if you re-list infringing merchandise under a new seller ID, we will aggressively respond.

If you do not meet our demands in a timely manner, we will file a criminal complaint against you with the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection, and other appropriate federal, state, and local law enforcement organizations. We also reserve the right to proceed against you under appropriate civil statutes.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience to confirm that you will be meeting our demands.

Old 04-23-2008

Longevity: 99%

My response is never respond to anything that starts with anything like "regarding my friend "

And there you have it.
Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

personally i wouldn't worry to much, and stick to not admitting or saying anything.
Old 04-23-2008

Don't panic...someone on this forum will respond that has some experience w/trademark, VeRO, etc.
Old 04-23-2008

Several years ago, when the items I was selling were questionable, I got at least a dozen emails just like yours. I also have 5 letters written to my MBE address. Sometimes I got 2-3 from the same lawyers. I ignored everyone of them and never had problems beyond the letters. But then these items were less than 10.00 each.
Old 04-24-2008

DONT Respond--as a matter of fact-- YOU WERE supposed to CLOSE that email addy down, close the pp acct out and the ebay acct- no traces..

They want the cc--to get the buyers info
If it were me--let it die--they got bigger fish to fry!
BTW- a "full blown investigation doesnt take what 2 wks??--He's Bluffing
Old 04-24-2008

Ignore it, let it die, close out that ebay acct + that email-so they get a returned to sender, whats it called
Daemon Failure??