Trademark Infringement / /Copyright / VERO Issues - Cease & Desist letters. - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Bollock - I sent you a private message on this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Seems like a scam to me too. They're just calling, hoping you'll settle with them (giving them money) and disappear. One in five buyers in my business are scammers. It's sad.
Old 06-20-2007

Longevity: 98%

Aspkin how the heck can you even protect yourself from scammers when selling virtual items like warcraft items/accounts? I mean the goods are sent electronically so it's easy to do a chargeback.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2007

I told them I knew what their game was and I even found out who the anonymous attorney was (actually the top guy at a prestigious law firm). I emailed him at his personal email address rather than the forwarding email address he was hiding behind. I told him he could run but he couldnt hide!! He told me I was a crafty SOB! I think that means he is admitting defeat but I will wait and see
Old 06-20-2007

As I explained elsewhere, as long as you dont admit anything, to get damages they have to take you to court because its a civil matter unlike bootleg dvds which is criminal matter. They threaten legal action to scare you into an admission so they dont have to spend time and money going to court, then they can gouge you for money. Dont make it easy for them
Old 06-20-2007

If you try and VERO a competitor it will rebound on you. No-one likes a stool pigeon even an Ebay employee. So they will mark you down for attention thinking you are probably guilty of similar offences to want to VERO someone
Old 06-21-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollock2ebay View Post
If you try and VERO a competitor it will rebound on you. No-one likes a stool pigeon even an Ebay employee. So they will mark you down for attention thinking you are probably guilty of similar offences to want to VERO someone

Actually they won't based on ebayemployee, "Ebay is based on points.The more suspecious things that you do on Ebay the more negative points /red flags pop up. The more things you do that ebay likes, the nore postive points you get..( feedback, snitching,paypal, etc..)There isnt "1" thing that you do on Ebay to get you kicked off. Thats why powersellers get away with alot of stuff is because they have so many brownie points. Belive or not you get alot of brownie points for telling on other sellers"
Old 06-21-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Aspkin how the heck can you even protect yourself from scammers when selling virtual items like warcraft items/accounts, or Wikipedia Administrator Accounts (I want one of those!) ? I mean the goods are sent electronically so it's easy to do a chargeback.
We'll firstly we track their IP address to make sure the confirmed shipping address and their IP address matches up. Second we call to verify the order. We make sure it's not a little kid using their mom's credit card to order. Third we limit order sizes when using Paypal. I believe $500 is the limit we're willing to risk going through Paypal before we ask for a money order or wire transfer. And last we record every transfer of currency just in case a chargeback happens, or there is a dispute. We're running fine these days. When we first started, that's a different story. Let's just say, I was on the edge of quitting the business because of eBay scammers. Losing 3k in one day isn't fun.

I would love to get a Wikipedia Administrator Accounts as well, let me know where you get these, I have some back links to create.
Old 06-23-2007
Administrator

Lol, what is "gonzo Alabama"?
Old 08-03-2007

Longevity: 97%
Talking Worried about Impending Ebay VERO Suspension!!!

Ok, I have spent 2 days reviewing the posts and guide to creating a new ebay account when you get suspended. Basically this week, I had 3 auctions removed because they supposedly violated the VERO program. I emailed the VERO member 5 times over the week with no responses at all. I had to take the ebay VERO quiz tutorial to be reinstated, which I was immediately. I now am terrified of being kicked off ebay for good, after 6 + years of 100% feedback!! I want to ask a few things that I couldnt find straight answers for:

How close am I to being permanently suspended from Ebay once I get the Vero warnings and have to take the tutorial?

My account is still active and I am buying/selling as normal. Is there anyway possible to change some of my name/contact info now so I can create a new backup account or will that not even work since I have used the current info already registered in ebay under my personal info for 6 years now?

Do I need to take the same steps outlined in the blog about how to create a new ebay accout once you are suspended or is there another way I can create a backup account now and prepare it to be ready in case I get permanently suspended?

I am making all efforts to remove trademarked names or anything else that will flag the VERO program members, but I am still concerned that there might be another bogus removal of my items and then I will be locked out with no backup accounts to use.

So, overall I am just looking for the best advice possible on creating a backup account while I still have my main account active, especially now that I read the ebay / paypal being linked thread. Please help with any advice possible!
Old 08-03-2007
Administrator

How close am I to being permanently suspended from Ebay once I get the Vero warnings and have to take the tutorial? - Usually eBay only gives you one or two chances before they suspend you.

My account is still active and I am buying/selling as normal. Is there anyway possible to change some of my name/contact info now so I can create a new backup account or will that not even work since I have used the current info already registered in ebay under my personal info for 6 years now? - It's probably not a good idea. It doesn't look good to your buyers or eBay.

Do I need to take the same steps outlined in the blog about how to create a new ebay accout once you are suspended or is there another way I can create a backup account now and prepare it to be ready in case I get permanently suspended? - You can create a new account anytime, just make sure you don't accidently link accounts together buy cookies or your ip address.

I am making all efforts to remove trademarked names or anything else that will flag the VERO program members, but I am still concerned that there might be another bogus removal of my items and then I will be locked out with no backup accounts to use. - It's best to stop selling any items that triggered the VeRO. It's really your only hope in saving your account.

So, overall I am just looking for the best advice possible on creating a backup account while I still have my main account active, especially now that I read the ebay / paypal being linked thread. Please help with any advice possible! - Follow the guide the the T, and remeber to seperate your accounts and you'll be okay.
Old 08-09-2007

Default Ebay - Your Experience Of Vero

I wanted to get thouhjtd from all. Most of us visiting on this site have probably been effected buy vero at some point and most been suspended due to this.

How many VERO pull downs did you get before you got susspended - I know on one account I got 3 had to do the tutorial and on thenext one I was a gonner.Yet on another account I had two then never had one for 6 months and after the next was still fine.

I think if you get pulled by the same person makes a difference. whats your experience
Old 08-09-2007
Administrator

You can't fight VeRO, you'll always lose.
Old 08-09-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess View Post
I wanted to get thouhjtd from all. Most of us visiting on this site have probably been effected buy vero at some point and most been suspended due to this.

How many VERO pull downs did you get before you got susspended - I know on one account I got 3 had to do the tutorial and on thenext one I was a gonner.Yet on another account I had two then never had one for 6 months and after the next was still fine.

I think if you get pulled by the same person makes a difference. whats your experience
I have had problems with vero although its simply selling decals that 100s of other people sell and mine dont even exactly copy the companies logos, etc. Most are aftermarket decals for vehicles, etc where Ive seen the same people over and over selling similar items for years with no problems. And their items are EXACT copies of OEM decals, etc, mine are simply aftermarket and most are custom designs. I think some companies just strike at random when they are in a pissy mood for these types of items.

Anyway, as far as the amount of warnings, I read on an actual VERO forum on Ebays forums where an Ebay admin said that they calculate the total # of veros within a 90 day period and if there are too many they may suspend you. But she also said that multiple VERO removals in one day (say you got 10 items removed in one day) still only count as one. So as far as I go, I am letting my main account cool off and listing some of these "questionable" items under another account. I am pretty sure that a seperate account will rack up its own new list of VERO warnings, I have looked into this and a guy who I deal with said he has 2 accounts and when one was on 2 week suspension due to vero, he used his other with no problems and the veros didnt carry over.

By the way, I have listed these items for over 2 years and only had 2 Vero issues with these particular aftermarket decals, I ran into trouble on the other Vero with a legitimate item i was reselling. So, i think in my case, its a type of item where the company doesnt really care too much, it just seems they want to be pricks off and on because they know they can. Thats all I can guess when Ive listed the items daily for 2 years and this is the 2nd vero problem since....
Old 08-09-2007
Banned

There is some trick to going undetected with the vero and copyright thing. We need to put our heads together and figure out how to avoid it.

I once had 3 items of the excat same thing listed at the same time and only 1 got vereod..?? i find that strange. I also had 2 accounts with the same items listed at the same time and they would just vero 1 account but not the other.

But it seems like when I put Attn: Ebay bla bla blahh they seem not to touch my auctions.

So is it a bot or a human person checking for vero?
Old 08-10-2007

hi guys, I know this is a stupid question. what is "vero"?
Old 08-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by altu View Post
The Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) - intellectual property rights owners.
What is VeRO and why was my listing removed because of it?
Old 08-10-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by altu View Post
Keep selling on ebay and you will know very soon..lol
Old 08-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
There is some trick to going undetected with the vero and copyright thing. We need to put our heads together and figure out how to avoid it.

I once had 3 items of the excat same thing listed at the same time and only 1 got vereod..?? i find that strange. I also had 2 accounts with the same items listed at the same time and they would just vero 1 account but not the other.

But it seems like when I put Attn: Ebay bla bla blahh they seem not to touch my auctions.

So is it a bot or a human person checking for vero?
I agree with getting to the bottom of this. Some of the aftermarket vehicle decals I sell are close to the OEM factory patterns but they mostly ARE different and do not copy the company designs. Plus we are talking mostly about letters and #s, such as a damn R shape or a 1000 logo on a friggin motorcycle, how can you trademark an R or 1000? its a damn letter and #. Anyway, I have listed the SAME items for 16 months and only 1 time got 3 auctions VEROED in 1 day, so I think the company was being @$$holes that day. Although I have heard that Harley Davidson is extremely picky and anal about their logo being used, so Ive stayed away from anything to do with them!

I was also considering putting in the auction : VERO disclaimer, these items DO NOT copy factory logos, etc. But, I was also thinking at the same time, if some VERO @$$hole deos come across the auction and normally would let it slide, he might decide to be a prick since I noted that and get power hungry and report it to ebay.

The stuff I sell is definately borderline, its not 100% trademark copying and there are 1000s of websites out there offering aftermarket motorcycle and vehicle graphics using EXACT company logos, etc. So Im not sure where the line is on this or maybe most companies let it slide bc basically your helping their business bc most vehicle manufacturers offer NO type of aftermarket logos or decals... Anyones thoughts on this?
Old 08-10-2007
Administrator

I've always thought an actual VeRO member would search eBay for his products, scan the description and report what he wanted out of there. If you add a disclaimer, that could help save your auctions, but it's not guarantee. Also, I feel there is an automated system setup by either eBay or a VeRO member that scans for certain auctions with keywords not supposed to be there. Like I said earlier, you can't win with VeRO. It's better to get pass it and sell somewhere else.
Old 08-10-2007
Banned

hell no. I copied a powerseller ebay seller listings words and I still got veroed and he didnt. Powersellers rule! The one with fattest pockets wins regardless.

Vero aint **** but a money thing and the sonner you relize the sooner you win
Old 08-13-2007

I started off selling Beatle albums...no problem with Vero there. Then I got a Louis Vuittion Hand bag from my mom...sold it for a good price. So I began selling them...in all honesty some where reall and some were not. Long story short I received four 3-day suspensins and then two 14-day suspension and one 30-day suspension and finally the big boot was given to me. I had another account at the same time selling the same item...but it was shut down first warning. why one account was given so many chances whilw another wasn't...I still can't figure out.
Closed Thread