Trademark Infringement / /Copyright / VERO Issues - Cease & Desist letters. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

I can tell that 99% of those selling cloth, shoes, handbag are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items :-), they are selling at less than 75% off the retailed price and Ebay is not stupid. They know it and they just ignore it till somebody complain (mostly competitors who want to increase their sale by blocking you from selling). Those sellers pay lots of money to Ebay each month, if they block all of them, who is going to pay them ??? If you search for :Prada, Lacoste, Ralph Laurent, Burberry, Nikes .....they are 99.99% ⊗⊗⊗⊗.But who care, if you want to buy real authentic ones, go buy at the store and pay full retailed price...you get what you pay for ...lol
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2007

Longevity: 98%

Very true, there all from China.
Old 06-15-2007

What is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Usually what the manufacturer says is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗!! The so called ⊗⊗⊗⊗ often comes from the same sweatshop as the top sports brands. They pay only $6 to the sweatshop for a top sneakers then moan when the same sweatshop sells it outside the authorised chain. The Chinese probably think this is fair- what goes around comes around!! They create a monopoly in the west, stamp on the little guy, then sell the sneekers to the stores for $50 who then sell them to the image concious suckers for $75. By trade agrements branded merchandise sold in Asia cannot be resold in the west. Oh and I forgot about the 12 year old Chinese factory worker paid 50 cents a day. And Ebayers are branded criminals and terrorists!! There is so much propoganda and misinformation to fool the people. When Joe public sees through this legally protected scam, the major brands will lose goodwill customers and the premium price. But coming back to Ebay I think they dont want to pull items until they are forced to act
Old 06-15-2007

Default cease-and-desist letter - trademark infringement - VERO complaints

I need advice if you have experience as guesswork is no good.
The VERO Member's attorney has sent a questionaire for me to sign and unfortunately they have my ID.
1.They want me to say how much I sold so that we can agree their loss without going to court.
2.Where I bought the items
3. Agreement not to sell more.
4. Send them unsold stocks for destruction

Do you know anyone this has happened to? I dont want to do any of these things because it puts me at their mercy- I would be making their case for them before they went to court.

I think that if I say I'm small and not worth pursuing and deny their claim they wont pursue it to court because they would have to prove it. They say they want an amicable settlement but I think its trap.

Do you know anyone this has happened to and what the outcome was? I would appreciate it
Old 06-15-2007

This is just trading politics. I had a story : 5 years ago Armarni built a factory and manufactured shirts in Vietnam, after 2 or 3 years, they saw their products were for sale on street market for less than $1 / shirt. Believe me, they were real authentic shirts, not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (my cousin even sent me some). What happened is that the factory had an order of 1 million pieces, and they made a few thousand extra without Armani's notice and then sold out to the street markets to make some extra cash. If you do not know, Armani and Nike and lots of brand name companies pay $50/ month to workers who work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and they bring their products here and sell for hundred of dollars a pair.If you buy from the market and sell on Ebay at less than the price they are selling in stores, they VERO you ...lol . Armani finally closed the factory in Vietnam. Laid off more than 1000 people.
Old 06-15-2007

Default How does a person VERO one of their competitors?

I need to know how to protect myself from it.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

I don't know anyone this has happened to before, but I'm surprised the stupid guy already got his lawyer involved to begin with. You'd think he's already wasted money right there? And yeah normally these silly little eBay disputes are not near worth the time and resources that you would spend going to court over them. Unless this was some kind of REALLY expensive item, this VERO guy is an idiot for even taking it this far.
Old 06-16-2007

Wow, I've really never heard of a case going this far. Is your account still active, or suspended. If its suspended and you didn't have your real name and info on it don't worry about it.
Old 06-16-2007

I Got A Phone Call From Somebody Claming From Ebay Yesterday. I Was Not Home And This Person Told My Brother He Is From Vero And Would Contact Me Via Email. My Account Was Suspended 1 Week Ago And Unfortunately I Have My Phone & Address On File With This Account. I Contacted Ebay And Vero Regarding This Phone Call And They Emailed And Let Me Know Nobody Ever Called Me From Ebay And Vero. This Would Have Been A Scam Who Wants To Get Your Money By Intimidating You. You Should Contact Ebay And Let Them Investigate.
Old 06-16-2007

Why You Want To Vero A Competitor?? This Is A Bad Idea And Is The Reason We Are Here ...i Do Not Think Anybody Is Willing To Show You.
Old 06-16-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayphobia View Post
You Should Contact Ebay And Let Them Investigate.
Like they would do anything..
Old 06-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Like they would do anything..
I don't think they give a damm. The worst thing they can do is suspending you ... They are not going after you if you did not make HUGE profit from selling "unauthentic" items on Ebay and did something that badly hurt people or NATIONAL SECURITY
Old 06-16-2007

No, I want to understand exactly how they do it so I can build a defense. Nobody will explain anything and makes it sound like voodoo.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2007

Lol, it is voodoo
Old 06-17-2007

Hey, keep us posted I'd really like to know how this turns out.
And I was just wondering, if it's not ebay or VERO how did they get your phone number?
Old 06-17-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I've had a person call me after finding my personal number from Paypal. They said Paypal customer service gave them the number. What kind of BS is that!? I've since changed my Paypal number and haven't had any problems with people calling me.
Old 06-17-2007

Listen up folks I finally figured it out! They threaten legal action hoping I will admit the crime and agree to their compensation figure without going to court(which they dont want either). All I have to do is deny breach of copyright then before they can gouge me for money they have to risk their own money on a court case against some one who might have no money to squeeze. So either I say nothing and keep them guessing or I say I didnt sell the items but listed them for someone and acted as a facilitator like Ebay or any auctioneer and was acting in good faith. I dont even need to give a name or produce the person immediately. They cannot risk going to court because I could turn up with a paid stooge with nothing to lose. Or I could bring the wife of a cheating husband to verify that it was her dirty rat of a husband that was really selling the items on my site. Sound good?
Old 06-17-2007

Also, I think they want to scare me into telling them who the importers are. They want their names, who I supplied, my sales and revenue to assess their loss and send the remaining items to them for destruction. So there is a sound strategy to their actions. You know I wouldnt rat on anyone cos unlike them I have principles. They may be different from the norm but I believe in them. I know an importer who I dont deal with who sells them but y should I finger him to stop the heat? He hasnt done me no harm.
Old 06-17-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Makes sense. I would of just of ignored them for this reason. They have nothing on you, and if you reply, you only give them fuel to feed the fire. If you tell them, you're no one, then maybe they'll let it go, but sometimes they'll want to dig deeper. What did you do? And what was the outcome?
Old 06-17-2007

Please look at this copy and paste : ..you tell me what is going on ...

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your account suspension.

I've reviewed your account and unfortunately have no documentation that
a representative called you from the VERO department.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Kit

eBay Customer Support

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Hi,
Ebay called me today and I was not home, my wife picked up the phone
and the caller said she was from Ebay and hung up. I would like to know
what this call is about??? Did anyone from Ebay make this call or this
is just a commercial call ...
Please follow up with me regarding this issue
Old 06-17-2007

I contacted Ebay's Safety and Harbor sh.. and that is the email they replied to me ...
Old 06-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollock2ebay View Post
Also, I think they want to scare me into telling them who the importers are. They want their names, who I supplied, my sales and revenue to assess their loss and send the remaining items to them for destruction. So there is a sound strategy to their actions. You know I wouldnt rat on anyone cos unlike them I have principles. They may be different from the norm but I believe in them. I know an importer who I dont deal with who sells them but y should I finger him to stop the heat? He hasnt done me no harm.
Hello Bollock,
What kind of items are you selling???
I had a friend a while back who was selling bootleg movie dvd's.
He was contacted by a rep from Sony(picture dept),who filed the Vero with ebay,and had a legal case pending against him.
My friend ignored the emails,and was then contacted at his home(he info was in his real name).
He never answered the calls,and then was sent a certified letter through the USPS from the legal dept at Sony,and later a summons to appear in court.
To make a very long story short,he is now in the process of being sued for copyright infringement.
As stated on dvd's,illegal copying is a felony,and punishable both with jail time and monetary compensation.
My friend thought the same as you....they will never go after a little person,only big corps,etc.......
Now i am not saying that you are in the same situation(not knowing what you have been selling),but i may be a bit nervous if i were you.
I hope everything does turn for the best.
Keep us posted.
Closed Thread