Trademark Infringement / /Copyright / VERO Issues - Cease & Desist letters. - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

I do feel your pain. I went into an ebay chat looking for help. I asked if anyone knew if it was okay for me to put in my auction that I was looking for watchers, and that if anyone was watching to please send me an email and let me know. One self appointed "ebay police", took it upon himself to look at my completed auctions to see what I had sold and purchased. Saw that I had purchased photos and recipes from 1 cent to .99 cents, and told me that was against ebay policy, because it would be considered fraudulantly building my feedback. I had no idea of this, and didn't think anything of it. He obviously reported this to ebay because I then got an email from ebay stating that it was determined that I had purchased auctions in an attempt to build my feedback, and though they realized I was probably unaware this was against ebay policy, they would have to remove that feedback. The did remove the feedback. I felt so violated. I was looking to the ebay community for information, so I could make sure I was not breaking any ebay rules, and they turned on me. I was only trying to find out about getting watchers on my ebay auction. The guy in chat even childishly sent me a nana nana boo boo email after the feedback was removed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

Yeah, don't ever ask ebay chat. They'll either be fools who know nothing, self righteous or nosy. Either way, there is no good there. Better to ask people who really know and are far less likely to turn you in. My stress level went way down once I stopped running to them when a problem arose.

I feel your pain about the lost feedback. It happens more often than you think. Don't even bother trying to appeal it. It will fall on deaf ears and likely get them to watch for you even more.
Old 09-19-2007

So let me get this straight...now you can't sell an item with a trademarked logo? Does this only apply to new clothing en masse? So what happens if I decide to sell some old clothes that just so happen to have those logos?
Old 09-19-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So let me get this straight...now you can't sell an item with a trademarked logo? Does this only apply to new clothing en masse? So what happens if I decide to sell some old clothes that just so happen to have those logos?
i think you can, the photos of it as well. but my mistake was i took the logo graphic from the trademark owner's website, uploaded it to photobucket and showed it through the listing.
Old 09-19-2007

Jack - Of course they didn't bother to return any fees that they charged me for any listings I posted where they canceled the feedback on those as well. They were legitimate sales too, but I decided just to let it go.

On another note, I found this forum as I was searching on how to get watchers to my auction, and hated to ask after the experience I had when I asked for help on ebay. But, after reading all that I have in the past few hours it seems I am fairly safe here. Can anyone advise me on how I can get people to watch my auction?
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Never communicate in the Ebay community Forum under your sellers ID. Those places are full of Ebay police, snitches, rats and employess. Some people just sit in there to turn sellers in. Always create a new fresh Id when posting in the community forum.
Old 09-19-2007

Something I've wondered--Is there any way that ebay will see your seller id when posting under a posting id? I tried it once and you can actually sign in under the new id while you're still signed into your regular id. Weird.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Try and post in the Ebay forums. Them people will eat you alive!!!!!!!!!! They will search your life records and pull shyt up on you that you would had never had thought anybody could.

Go and the forum and just do some reading and watch how they react to the questions.
Old 09-19-2007

In some respects he's right. I can't count how many times I've asked a simple question just to get some nosy nellie go poke into my history. If it's not part of the question, what the hell difference does it make!? I say you stay on your side of the fence and I'll stay on mine. But like they listen. Geez go back to your Springer...
Old 09-19-2007

Modee - Trust me, it happened to me. I was shocked. I went into the forum to get help. There were several people in the forum. A few of them said nothing negative and seemed as confused as I was. But, it was like I was a wounded animal and the others were a pack of wolves, and they had a leader. He would attack and the others would follow. I merely said that I was trying to make sure I didn't break any ebay rules, and I wondered if anyone knew if I could add to my auction that I needed watchers, and if anyone was watching to send me an email and let me know. This one guy checked my completed auctions and announced to the other's that I was a scammer because I had purchased cheap auctions to get my feedback up. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about, I was not aware of breaking any ebay rules. I was creating a baby book for a relatives shower and I had purchased a bunch of pictures for the book, and that I also purchased a bunch of recipes. That after, I realized there was a market for them, I listed some of mine. He was vicious! I sell an informative e-book on how I have made my money over the years. It is a legitimate e-book, and not a scam. He has not read my e-book nor had the other's, but he began to call me a scammer, saying the low priced purchases proved I was a scammer. I stated that if I did not have honest intentions why would I come into the chat forum asking for help to keep my account legit. This was completely ignored. I was ripped to shreds. I have another account on ebay that I market from, that is the account where I sell the items I tell people about in my e-book. I have 100% positive feedback. I did not tell them about that account and obviously this is a good thing, because I am sure he would have set out to try to sabotage that account as well. I stated that I was leaving the chat, but in the ebay chat forums, they can not tell whether you are really leaving or not. You can just sit there and watch, and see what people are saying. After he thought I was gone, he told everyone to be sure to watch my auctions, because I was going to be naru'd within the week. At the time I did not realize he meant he was going to have a hand in it. But no sooner had he said this, ebay removed all my feedbacks pertaining to any low purchases and sales. Then he sent me a taunting email after the feedbacks were removed. There was nothing about my auctions that affected him or the other people in there personally. I looked up his account and he didn't even have 100% positive feedback.
Old 09-19-2007

Yes, and if they're not picking you apart like a wounded animal, they're talking about their own pets or the weather. When I visit those places, I just have this big picture of a big gossip-y knitting circle of lonely cat ladies who have nothing better to do than pick on people because they're own lives are only as interesting as the gossip that they share. Most of them have no idea how to answer a question and will defend to the death their own skewed viewpoints before even considering a new thought. You will occasionally receive good advice, but it's few and far between and hardly worth the hassle you go through trying to "prove" yourself not to be a threat. Most of the time, I've had better luck taking their advice and doing a 180 with it. Seems to be a consistent sure bet actually.

So I guess you could say I go there to find out what not to do. :D
Old 09-19-2007

Modee - Thanks, the thought makes me laugh hysterically. I definitely came out of there feeling mentally battered, and wished I was a huge bird and could find him sitting on a park bench somewhere while I sat above him in a tree. I am sure you get the visual. I think Jack is right these people have no lives and are just looking for something they can turn into gossip. They have to create drama where this is none for entertainment. When I looked at the guy's Me Page who created all the trouble for me, and he had a photo of a man on a motorcycle who he claims is him, but you can't make out the face. I am guessing he is probably a hideous troll like beast and is very bitter about this and takes it out on others. Of course this is how I choose to visualize him in my own mind.
Old 09-19-2007

I actually had someone in a newsgroup try to figure out who I was by my email and then going to EB community and then slam me because they thought I was a different NARU'd user from like 5 years ago.
Most of the people on the NG sounded like a bunch of bitter old maids
Old 09-19-2007

DFB - That really is vicious. I guess those people just live in there waiting to cause trouble for the unsuspecting.
Old 09-19-2007

They did kind of pounce on me like a pack of hyenas...

come to think of it I think I heard them laughing at me too
Old 09-19-2007

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh. I was sure I heard the hyena laughter as well. Makes me want to be a vigilante of sorts.
Old 09-28-2007
Banned

Default cease-and-desist letter - trademark infringement - VERO complaints

ergggg uhhhhmmmm Ijust got a cease and desist email from a owner of a popular brand through my email..

What should I do.. I should I ignore it??

They also removed all listings from Ebay even the ones that already sold
Old 09-29-2007

did they required you to submit anything? any details that they asked for ? what about ur ebay account is it in good standing or suspended?
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

My ebau account is still good and they did ask for supplier info, send items to them, names of people I sold too..bla bla bla.. Said i have 10 days to do so.

All they have is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, name and throw away email.

I couldnt find nothing on google about them suing anybody or anything

What should I do? Should I ignore it
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

I also think a competitor sent me this. Because I got this letter on other accounts of mine. But another seller is selling the same thing by the tons and he is still up and selling.

Actually I used his selling style when I was selling the items.

No wow would they bother me who only sells 1/4 of what this other seller and others are selling.

I think he bought something from me just to get my email, name and address to put int he letter.
Old 09-29-2007

as long as none of it can link back to you in anyway you should be alright. how did you get the letter? some random po box or what?
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Well the competitor can be sending out ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails so that he can get all the sales and he is selling counterfeit items for sure..

I mean I wont sell it anymore but I'm just going to reply from a library or something and tell them I stopped selling and give them a legit authentic supplier
Closed Thread