eBay account has been restricted indefinitely - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskouk View Post
Hello guys,
I am new in the forum, I am on the way to buy STEALTH EBOOK ,but I would like to know if there is any selling limits on ebay accounts?
Thank you
Yes. Most new accounts have limits.

Make a new thread and let us know what country you will use and your plan.

Old 06-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Yes. Most new accounts have limits.

Make a new thread and let us know what country you will use and your plan.
Hi,

I also got my eBay accounts suspended indefinitely, I am in Hong Kong. Want to know if I can get a US and a UK accounts without being there. I used to run my eBay operation overseas, but found out better, cheaper and far more convenient to run it in Hong Kong.

So the eBay steal guide can help me to get new eBay accts in other country with no string attached?
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yttfc2 View Post
So the eBay steal guide can help me to get new eBay accts in other country with no string attached?
Get new accounts? Sure -with stealth methods followed. No strings attached? Never...still have to be careful, it's not completely open to do whatever you want
Old 06-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Get new accounts? Sure -with stealth methods followed. No strings attached? Never...still have to be careful, it's not completely open to do whatever you want
"it's not completely open to do whatever you want"

You meant only the selling limit right?
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

I mean selling limits, selling high risk stuff, withdrawing money like you want to (fast, easy)....examples
Old 06-21-2013

Longevity: 62%

this happened to me...
but what happens if i have paypal funds still pending?
i had 1 paypal with 2 accounts linked, 1 account my funds were limited by ebay the other wasn't.
but i have 1k pending..
all my bank info and account info is real
Old 06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elainegizmo View Post
The account is only 2 months old. No chargebacks, no low DSR's that I can see. Fully verified. I even called them a few weeks ago to get the account reinstated after they did this the first time. They reinstate the account then suspend it indefinitely after I sell two video games worth over 40 bucks a piece.
They should at least give us a warning when we are selling too much. It almost feels like they are weeding out competition to their own electronic stores.

I think after reading some comments on this forum I don't even want my account reinstated. Sounds like a lot of people are losing money due to EBAY greed.

Just seems too risky to get back into. I might try to create an account later just to sell junk but I'm done trying to see big profits into EBAY. If you get too big they will just axe you anyway.

i don't get it because i had two accounts for four months and sold 10 items each, some at $100, some at $25, some at $10 and could sell only 10 items or $1,000. the "older" of the 2 accts, the limit was raised to 20 items or $2000 after 5 positive feedbacks and 10 sold items. the other 5 did not leave feedback. my categories were not electronics or games. the two accts are still active with 17 (from buying feedback) and 6 feedback (sold 2).
Old 07-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Default I was reinstated Twice! After indefinite suspension

That's not entirely true. I had my 1st ever account on Ebay suspended. However i had another account that i set up, with hardly any sales.

Whilst my 1st acc was suspended I plowed trade through my 2nd account, about 5 months later i took the risk of ringing Ebay.
I needed an higher selling allowance right! hehe .To my shock they increased my acc limits on my second acc in which i continued the same procedure monthly *ringing their limits dep) for about 3 months this continued, eventually my limits were enough for me to run all listings and products.
To all, i used the same name, same address, but different Email acc. However they knew my account was linked, but i didn't until an agent mentioned it on a later call.

I thought i'd be cheeky and ask if they would reinstate my suspended account, but the agent told me to concentrate on my second account and forget about the 1st account.

So this is what i summed up.

1. They clearly knew i had a suspended account but they allowed me to continue trading. $why not, i was paying stupid amount in Ebay fees every month$

2. They knew my 2nd account violated their selling policy, however Ebay USA allowed it, Ebay UK kicked up a bit of fuss. However most reps were happy to help me get around what they described as their Robotic controlled system which kept flagging our listings for certain words and phrases.
3. My 2nd account was also indefinitely suspended twice and had severe policy violations, in which i was able to have removed restoring it to All Green on the dashboard representing perfect standing order.
4. Until finally Xmas 2012 with 19k positive feedback, plat acc, top rated, in good standing order according to the Ebay seller dashboard, they suspended me again. I was in the wrong admittedly for selling digital goods in a digital age.

Sorry for the long winded post, i wanted to ensure i got it all in nickj and anyone else out their wondering what to do. You have an healthy chance of continuing trade if you know what to say to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to biggajuice For This Useful Post:
411guru (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggajuice View Post
That's not entirely true. I had my 1st ever account on Ebay suspended. However i had another account that i set up, with hardly any sales.

Whilst my 1st acc was suspended I plowed trade through my 2nd account, about 5 months later i took the risk of ringing Ebay.
I needed an higher selling allowance right! hehe .To my shock they increased my acc limits on my second acc in which i continued the same procedure monthly *ringing their limits dep) for about 3 months this continued, eventually my limits were enough for me to run all listings and products.
To all, i used the same name, same address, but different Email acc. However they knew my account was linked, but i didn't until an agent mentioned it on a later call.

I thought i'd be cheeky and ask if they would reinstate my suspended account, but the agent told me to concentrate on my second account and forget about the 1st account.

So this is what i summed up.

1. They clearly knew i had a suspended account but they allowed me to continue trading. $why not, i was paying stupid amount in Ebay fees every month$

2. They knew my 2nd account violated their selling policy, however Ebay USA allowed it, Ebay UK kicked up a bit of fuss. However most reps were happy to help me get around what they described as their Robotic controlled system which kept flagging our listings for certain words and phrases.
3. My 2nd account was also indefinitely suspended twice and had severe policy violations, in which i was able to have removed restoring it to All Green on the dashboard representing perfect standing order.
4. Until finally Xmas 2012 with 19k positive feedback, plat acc, top rated, in good standing order according to the Ebay seller dashboard, they suspended me again. I was in the wrong admittedly for selling digital goods in a digital age.

Sorry for the long winded post, i wanted to ensure i got it all in nickj and anyone else out their wondering what to do. You have an healthy chance of continuing trade if you know what to say to them.
How did you fix your policy violations on your 2nd account? Did you use the same computer and IP with your 1st account? Is your 2nd account suspended now?
Old 08-07-2013

Longevity: 76%

For my Eb situation I had 2 seller accounts get linked ... One got suspended but the other one slipped under the Eb radar for many months as I kept selling. Then eventually both accounts got suspended.

Then just recently I got some VERY unexpected email that I didn't know could happen ... I get a friendly email from ebay saying that selling limits have changed and now I can sell. Has anyone else heard of such a courtesy from eb?
Old 08-07-2013

Hi Why is it so difficult for legit users to sell on Ebay? my account was suspended yesterday and I haven't got a clue why. Was trying to sell my iPad, and it's legit and everything. when I rang them up, they were going we "have evidence of your behaviour that concerns us", I was like what behaviour? Never sold anything here before, and my listing is damn detailed, and I have bought quite a few things online. you would think with all my purchases it should count for something!! But No!! I mean does these people wants to do genuine transactions or like in my case just do some real transactions and mess up the rest of them, geuine or not, they don't want to know. and does my suspension also mean I can't make any purchases as well?
Old 08-09-2013

Longevity: 68%

I agree. I've read many stories of people being suspended 'forever,' then trying to log into the account a few months later and everything being fine.

I had one of three linked (by IP and PayPal) accounts suspended about a year ago, but the other two are just fine and I sell regularly on one of those with no problems at all.

I haven't had the nerve to try to log back into the suspended account, but still get e-mail notices from eBay about the account. Someday I'll try it from a strange computer/IP and see if it has been reinstated in the mean time, and report back here when I find out. The suspension on the third account was for 'buying feedback' too much & too fast from penny auctions.
Old 08-11-2013

Several people have confidently asserted that "indefinitely" means "permanently."
It can mean that, but more strictly it means the length of time is not definite or has not been determined.
For example, when the DMV suspends your drivers license, they sometimes use the word "indefinitely," but it can also mean "until you pay the speeding ticket."

Others in this thread have seen their suspended accounts reinstated, and Greenbeans knows of 5 (possibly) outside of this thread.

I'm thinking Ebay does evaluations monthly, and if an 11-month-old, poor DSR played a role in restricting your account, maybe that DSR drops off the map in the next evaluation, and your account is automatically resurrected.

I have a question nobody has asked in this thread:

What would happen if your account were restricted/suspended on account of 1 piss-poor DSR, and THEN the buyer who had left you that DSR got suspended?
I have it on good authority that the feedback will vanish along with the buyer's Ebay account. Moreover, the DSR vanishes when the buyer's account is suspended.

My question is, will your previously restricted/suspended account, which now shows stellar performance, be resurrected?

Last edited by Brainbuster; 08-11-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2013

Just call them and then answer their question, bro.
They wanna make some verify that your information is real.
Good look bro.
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainbuster View Post
I have a question nobody has asked in this thread:

What would happen if your account were restricted/suspended on account of 1 piss-poor DSR, and THEN the buyer who had left you that DSR got suspended?
I have it on good authority that the feedback will vanish along with the buyer's Ebay account. Moreover, the DSR vanishes when the buyer's account is suspended.

My question is, will your previously restricted/suspended account, which now shows stellar performance, be resurrected?
I doubt that this would automatically happen, knowing how PP and eB loves to play games.
Old 08-23-2013

Longevity: 61%

I had an account for over a year. It took 3 copyright violations and being under the standard performance level for 2 months to get me restricted and that is only to sell in a certain category.
Old 08-27-2013

eb ay restricted my 6 figure business account which has been going for 3 years with 99.7 feedback and very good DSR's.
have been a top rated seller for several months before and was on course to be a top rated seller on 20.9.13.
they removed all of my listings at 8:22pm on sunday night with absolutely no warning.
obviously with it being sunday evening i chose to ring USA eb ay to get some advise as to what the problem was - they were extremely rude and wouldn't give me any information as to why they had restricted my account indefinately.
he basically said my business was a threat to the safety of the ebay community and they never want me selling on ebay again.
i sell football jerseys - how can they be a threat?????
so i spoke with ebay UK yesterday to be told that there had been 4 cases opened in the past 12 months against me for counterfeit items including a flash memory stick.
this alerted me to something - i have never ever EVER sold flash memory.
so i told them that i need to look into something and call them back.
so i went through all the cases opened in the past 12 months and low and behold there is the case opened for flash memory - I OPENED THE CASE MYSELF (as it was me who bought the flash memory) because it was a counterfeit flash memory stick.
so i dug deeper and all the 4 instances that ebay advised me of are cases I HAVE OPENED due to being sold counterfeit goods.
so i have spoken with ebay 3 times since then to advise them of this and all they say is ebay trust and safety will call me.
is there anything i can do (ie: take legal advise) because they have made a huge error as the 4 cases they are instancing regarding counterfeit are cases i have opened myself?
any help advise greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbvcxz View Post
they have made a huge error as the 4 cases they are instancing regarding counterfeit are cases i have opened myself?
any help advise greatly appreciated.
First, please space out your posting - it is really hard to read.

Secondly, call them up and sort it out if you are in such a big issue.

Thirdly, jerseys are easily counterfeitable so they are high risk.

Fourthly, make new stealth backups and build them - sounds like your current accounts are too messy
Old 09-30-2013

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: eBay account has been restricted indefinitely

I got banned

I had an account for years around 2000 maybe before I started it

I always bent over backwards for customers I had a few probs listing some toy guns with flashing lights and got suspended for 30days but there was others selling the same stuff on eBay apart from me

Then I had some probs at home and could not manage to keep track of my ebay account so I fixed all outstanding returns and probs and turned it on to vacation mode and forgot about it

About 4 or 5 weeks later I got the banned message

I called them but they said sell on other market places

But they are still taking my subs even if thou they won't let me sell
Old 01-11-2014

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 71%

I also have stealth accounts that indefinitely suspended for no reason i think. They said raised security concern. I don't know whats wrong when i just listed 3.99 items to get feedbacks.
Old 01-30-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyabyk83 View Post
Hi people. I'm very new here; and reading this thread, I have some questions;

I'm about to purchase this Stealth Book, but I have a question; What about my existing PayPal account?? Will I be able to continue to use that with my new eBay account? What about my only e-mail address? That address is also associated with my mobile device, so I get all of my mail on my mobile.

Another Question - Can I get my old PAYPAL account to work with my "new" eBay account?? I have a Business Debit Mastercard for it (I can withdraw money from ATM with it or pay for stuff using funds in my PayPal account), I use that rather then transferring to my bank.. Thanx fols

Hello all....New here-
Was reading the thread from the top and found this to be question i want to ask??? ANYBODY? (•́ω•̀)
Thanks,
Old 03-03-2014

Longevity: 58%
Send a message via AIM to MDThedoc
Exclamation Re: eBay account has been restricted indefinitely

eBay's definition of "indefinitely" is open ended. My experience with MC999 restrictions has been mixed. Some accounts I am able to get back, some not. I was able to fax in invoices, Tax ID, Business Licenses, Sales Tax Permit, Sellers Permit, etc. and was actually fortunate enough to get an account back that was "indefinitely" suspended.

And some others, no luck at all. It really depends on who you talk to.

After about 1-2years, I am going to attempt to try and get the accounts back and see what happens when the accounts age and fade a little.

Last edited by TGMT²; 03-04-2014 at 04:10 AM.