Refund Advice? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Actually that guitar is Korean

Single coils is what makes the music! They pickup the string vibrations....
Single coil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heavy metal dudes do noise to make their music (heehee)
Haha! Yeah, that is why I decided to sell it. It is an excellent guitar actually, Korean stuff isn't bad at all. I've got a lefty LTD H-207 that is AMAZING to play. I have a Korean Ibanez RG too and it is great. I also own a Korean Agile AL2000 that is mind blowing, it is way nicer than the Epi LPs I've played (although they weren't bad) and it is on par with a few Gibby LPs I've played. The rest of my guitars are MIJ Ibanez RGs....I also have a custom lefty UV too.

Playing metal doesn't work out well on the single coil pups.....it's more of a bluesy/oldies/light classic rock pup. "Pup" is slang for "Pickup" in case someone wasn't aware.

The Humbucker pup cancels the "hum" or bad feedback associated with the single coil design. Perfect for high gain, loud music.

Anyhow this Samick is a fine example of an early 90's Korean Samick. Very nicely made and it is in good shape. All the more reason I hope to get it back in one piece.....then I can give it some TLC and sell it off to a person that will love it and play it.....and not give me grief over it being used and 21 years old.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I like how this is going - good guitar discussion
Old 09-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, the buyer sent me a tracking number.....so hopefully it isn't a bomb or a rock....or an empty box. I let everyone know how it goes!!!
Old 09-27-2011
Threadstarter  

*UPDATE*

Well, the guitar showed up. Everything seems fine with it, it wasn't smashed or anything.....doesn't seem to be anything wrong. eBay issued the refund based on the payment the buyer sent me initially. So, I didn't pay outta pocket in that respect (aside from the $40 I spent when he first paid me....I had to deposit that back in).

I have since rewired the guitar and everything is working perfectly.....I'm going to relist it at some point, but I think I'm going to avoid listing it on eBay.co.uk. The fees on there are INSANE, I gotta take the exchange rate into consideration.....so it REALLY adds up.

Anyhow, I haven't gotten any negative feedback from this guy but I'm expecting it from him later on. Hopefully he'll leave me alone since he basically got what he wanted by force.

Just thought I'd update everyone that was curious about this case. There really isn't anymore to say about it.....that buyer was horrible. I'll avoid him like the plague.
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Glad to hear it worked out well - i would not count on the buyer leaving a negative unless he really is twisted - most folx don't want to ruin other folx...most.
Old 09-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Glad to hear it worked out well - i would not count on the buyer leaving a negative unless he really is twisted - most folx don't want to ruin other folx...most.
I hope you're right.....the last thing I want is a negative when I honestly tried to make the issue right in the first place. We'll see.
Old 09-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Well the guy left me a negative......

This is what he said: "BEWARE! Withheld info about dodgy Guitar electrics.Case Escalated,eBay refunded."

He got what he wanted in the end.....and still left me a negative even after I tried all I could to remedy the situation. This guy sucks.
Old 09-29-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

that guy is a pr1ck,you could message him and be nice,ask him to revise it to a neutral as you tried your best to reolve the issue

negative was harsh

but at least you got the guitar back

that would of really topped it off if he`d of sent you a brick or two instead
Old 09-29-2011
Threadstarter  

I did message him to revise it to a neutral....but got no response as of yet.
Old 09-29-2011

dont hold out too much hope on that one

if he was a reasonable guy the neg would of been a neutral anyway

though stranger things have happened
Old 09-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

dont judge us Brits harshly, I would say 99% of my sales go well, it depends on the product though, some goods attract scammers
Old 09-29-2011

i agree oompz

most buyers are nice people,every now and then you will get a bad apple
Old 09-29-2011
Threadstarter  

I like the Brits! It's just this one guy that is being unreasonable and stubborn.
Old 09-30-2011

naaaa,this is more than been unreasonable and stubborn

he`s been a complete ******* ****head
Old 09-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
naaaa,this is more than been unreasonable and stubborn

he`s been a complete ******* ****head
Agreed. It didn't hurt me too bad though...it gave me a 99.2% rating. Still, there was no need for the negative.
Old 09-30-2011

some ppl lgo out of their way to trouble others

mostly jealous ppl but some are just that way out!!!

rise above it(cool runnings)
Old 10-01-2011

Warning, may be a bit of reading here
All sales are final, no warranty is expressed or implied. Questions? Please ask![/B]
Good thinking to include this!

"Hi everyone! Up for sale in this listing is a 1990 Samick Super Strat. It is in nice shape for being 21 years old. Recently setup with fresh Fender Super Bullet strings (10-46) Has some small chips in the finish and a minor ding here and there. Nothing structural is wrong with this guitar. It is only cosmetic.....hence the low price."

So is one to assume the electronics is structural?? because it certainly isn't cosmetic. You state nothing is structurally wrong with the guitar

Then I go on to say "Alder body, 25.5" scale with a 24 fret neck. It has a standard 6 screw tremolo (no arm included), S/S/S pup configuration, and sealed tuners. For a lefty that is into 24 fret necks but has wanted a Strat this is the perfect compromise. Strat tone with 24 frets! I bought this guitar for blues and to experiment with the S/S/S layout.....but I'm a metal guy at heart, hence the sale. Guitar is priced LOW for quick sale. Sold as seen in pics."
You mention the PUP here but do not mention the electronics do not work. Maybe putting in the listing you are only stating What you know about the guitar would have made buyers think harder. And I've never heard of as seen in pics. I think "As IS" is what you meant.

[B]So, the guy wins the auction on August 29th then I get an email from him about two days later saying there is an issue with the electronics. Apparently only the neck pup is working on it. I wrote him back and explained that the electronics weren't tested and that they may have had an issue, it sat in my closet untouched for a few months. That is the reason it was sold as "used" and "Sold as seen". I only listed what I DID know about the guitar. So, he flips out and then opens up a dispute through eBay. He opened the dispute in the "Item does not match description" category. Then listed the item as "broken".
Sorry to hear he jumped the gun so fast. You explain yourself well but...maybe you did this...but did you didn't address a remedy to his problem? (rhetorical question) It appears all you offered him was additional information so maybe he's not hearing a solution.

So, in order to make it right I quickly ordered replacement electronics for it. I paid out of pocket for: 3 single coil pups, 3 pots, 3 knobs, 5 way switch and all wiring associated. It was all purchased from a guitar salvage seller on eBay....all pulled from a 100% working Stratocaster. When I wrote the seller to tell him I have ordered replacement parts for him he didn't respond. So, I decided to just offer him the refund instead. I offered to issue him "Partial Refund" now through Paypal, then the remainder when I get the item back in the same condition as I sent it out.
You meant well but you didn't ask him first. Who will install these parts you ordered? Him? all So now he has to fix what he thought was already working, if he even knows how or has the time because how the parts would be installed wasn't addressed (at this point right, unless you did)

He refused the offer and went on to say he wants a full refund NOW as well as for me to cover his return postage. What? I declined his terms and tried to explain to him that it wasn't acceptable, there is nothing stopping him from keeping the money AND the guitar if I did that. He went on to call me "Spurious"....which I looked it up and it means "⊗⊗⊗⊗". Nice. Very friendly indeed.
You are wise to consider he might have kept the item and money, especially since the conversation wasn't as civil as it could have been.

So, I have given him a number of options.
1. I offered to give him partial refund NOW and send him the replacement electronics, and fresh strings (they'll need replaced if it is going to get rewired). And he is to find his own way of repairing the electronics using the partial refund.

2. I offered to install the electronics/strings free of charge as well as cover the cost of shipping the repaired guitar BACK to him. All he has to do is cover his own costs of sending the guitar back to me.

3. I offered to give him a full refund AFTER I get the guitar back in my hands.

Sorry this happened to you. I wonder what would have happened if you had said " I am Sorry" up front.
Can't go wrong with that IMHO but he may have behaved just as badly.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 10-01-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2011

Mellisa is a wise wise lady

the simplest of things can make a huge difference
Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

@ Melissa1971

On eBay I mainly buy/sell guitar parts/complete guitars. I'm not a "power seller" and it isn't a source of income for me. It is actually a hobby. Being left handed means guitar companies don't offer us lefties what we want.....so we need to be able to work on them ourselves in order to get what we want.

Basically, being left handed and playing left handed (some lefties do play right handed) means you either need to do your own work or pay others to do it for you. But, the one thing that all of us lefties guitarists/bassists have in common is we know specs of guitars, we know how they work and what we want in our guitars.

I'm really into Ibanez RG guitars (and JEMs) and so far have actually built about 3 of them from scratch. I'm a member of a popular guitar forum and none of my buddies on there would assume the electronics were structural.

The "Structure" aspect of a guitar simply implies the part of the guitar that forms the shape of the instrument. Another example, using building construction, would be a house. You can't consider the light switch in your house to be a structural piece of the home, however it is a component of the house....but it serves no structural purpose.

I mentioned the pickup layout. This is essential when describing a guitar. There are many variations out there, to describe them I'll use this legend. "H" = "Humbucker" and "S" = Single Coil. The guitar I sold on eBay was an S/S/S layout...so in other words it has three Single Coil pickups. One for the neck position, one for the middle and one for the bridge. Fender Stratocasters have this layout, it is very popular. My favorite layout is H/H but I also have guitars with a H/S/H layout. So, my mention of the layout being S/S/S in this case was only to describe the structural design of the guitar.....the body is physically routed out for three Single Coil pups.

So in short, the electronics are no more structural as our nervous system is skeletal. They work together....but aren't in the same category.

For the buyer to assume the electronics were "good" based on me saying it was perfect structural really shouldn't reflect on me as a seller.....he had ample opportunity to ask any questions he may have had.

I did apologize to him when he told me there was a problem, instead of working with me to remedy the situation he took my apology as an admission of guilt.

I didn't really know much about the electronics on this particular guitar. My wife & I are stationed in England with the USAF and as such I left my Crate Half Stack amp back in the USA. I only have one effects processor here and a pair of headphones for my guitars......and since we are PCSing very soon I've got it all unhooked for the upcoming move back home. So, no real way to test the guitar with the resources I have available to me in my home. Here in England they use "Spares or Repairs" to describe something that is broken on eBay. Honestly I wouldn't describe this guitar broken.

I have seen many people advertise "Sold as seen in pics" or "Sold as is" or simply "As is", the last two imply the seller KNOWS something is wrong with the guitar. I wasn't sure about it 100% (it may have been functioning 100% or not....I didn't know) so I described what I did know about it and listed it as "Used" and "Sold as seen in pics" (I had pics up of the guitar....very detailed pics).

"It appears all you offered him was additional information so maybe he's not hearing a solution."

I was looking at it like this: I sold the guy a used guitar, gave him plenty of time to ask any question he had and had the item listed as "Used" and "Sold as seen in pics". I even went as far as to say "No returns", "All sales are final" and "No warranties". After all of that....I didn't feel inclined to offer a solution. I could have said "If it isn't working, fix it"....but I didn't. I told him I was sorry about it, then told him all that I knew about the guitar. He wasn't happy with that, threatened to open a dispute so I gave in and offered replacement parts. He wasn't happy with that, so I offered a refund...half now, half when I get the item back. He wasn't happy with that so I said "Screw it, escalate it".

At that point I realized he wasn't able to be pleased aside from me jumping in my car and driving down to London and fixing it myself free of charge. Basically, what he wanted was for one guy selling unwanted stuff on eBay to instead play the role of a big chain music shop and offer a return policy. I told him I wouldn't do that because he bought the item with all of the info available to him.....he didn't like that so instead got eBay to get what he wanted by force.
Old 10-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

London is a great city at the start of fall so nice to visit
Old 10-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
London is a great city at the start of fall so nice to visit