Refund Advice? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
London is a great city at the start of fall so nice to visit
Yeah, I've been there a few times. I'll tell ya, riding on the Eye is expensive! Plus, when we were up there some lady on board farted and it stunk really, really bad. The Eye spins so slow, so the whole time we were up there it smelled really bad.

Trafalgar Square was nice, great entertainment going on too. All in all a nice time. Wish the weather would have been better here in England though, we came from Georgia last and are used to 70 degrees (and up) weather....endless Sunshine and lots to do in the local area (Valdosta Ga). What we got here was bad weather, farmland for as far as the eye can see (and the nose can smell.....bloomin' Pig farmers! ) and anything worth doing costing an arm & a leg and being really far away from our area to boot! Oh well....it's been an experience I guess. Just ready to move on.

I feel I'm leaving England with the ULTIMATE souvenir as well.....a 1977 Austin Mini Clubman Estate. Can't get much more British than a Classic Mini! :D "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Not for me I'm afraid - I'm British - London isn't

I Dont Live at London I Gone There 2 Time It Was Ok Not Bad

Last edited by Gangster878; 10-01-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
@ Melissa1971

On eBay I mainly buy/sell guitar parts/complete guitars. I'm not a "power seller" and it isn't a source of income for me. It is actually a hobby. Being left handed means guitar companies don't offer us lefties what we want.....so we need to be able to work on them ourselves in order to get what we want.

Basically, being left handed and playing left handed (some lefties do play right handed) means you either need to do your own work or pay others to do it for you. But, the one thing that all of us lefties guitarists/bassists have in common is we know specs of guitars, we know how they work and what we want in our guitars.

I'm really into Ibanez RG guitars (and JEMs) and so far have actually built about 3 of them from scratch. I'm a member of a popular guitar forum and none of my buddies on there would assume the electronics were structural.

The "Structure" aspect of a guitar simply implies the part of the guitar that forms the shape of the instrument. Another example, using building construction, would be a house. You can't consider the light switch in your house to be a structural piece of the home, however it is a component of the house....but it serves no structural purpose.

I mentioned the pickup layout. This is essential when describing a guitar. There are many variations out there, to describe them I'll use this legend. "H" = "Humbucker" and "S" = Single Coil. The guitar I sold on eBay was an S/S/S layout...so in other words it has three Single Coil pickups. One for the neck position, one for the middle and one for the bridge. Fender Stratocasters have this layout, it is very popular. My favorite layout is H/H but I also have guitars with a H/S/H layout. So, my mention of the layout being S/S/S in this case was only to describe the structural design of the guitar.....the body is physically routed out for three Single Coil pups.

So in short, the electronics are no more structural as our nervous system is skeletal. They work together....but aren't in the same category.

For the buyer to assume the electronics were "good" based on me saying it was perfect structural really shouldn't reflect on me as a seller.....he had ample opportunity to ask any questions he may have had.

I did apologize to him when he told me there was a problem, instead of working with me to remedy the situation he took my apology as an admission of guilt.

I didn't really know much about the electronics on this particular guitar. My wife & I are stationed in England with the USAF and as such I left my Crate Half Stack amp back in the USA. I only have one effects processor here and a pair of headphones for my guitars......and since we are PCSing very soon I've got it all unhooked for the upcoming move back home. So, no real way to test the guitar with the resources I have available to me in my home. Here in England they use "Spares or Repairs" to describe something that is broken on eBay. Honestly I wouldn't describe this guitar broken.

I have seen many people advertise "Sold as seen in pics" or "Sold as is" or simply "As is", the last two imply the seller KNOWS something is wrong with the guitar. I wasn't sure about it 100% (it may have been functioning 100% or not....I didn't know) so I described what I did know about it and listed it as "Used" and "Sold as seen in pics" (I had pics up of the guitar....very detailed pics).

"It appears all you offered him was additional information so maybe he's not hearing a solution."

I was looking at it like this: I sold the guy a used guitar, gave him plenty of time to ask any question he had and had the item listed as "Used" and "Sold as seen in pics". I even went as far as to say "No returns", "All sales are final" and "No warranties". After all of that....I didn't feel inclined to offer a solution. I could have said "If it isn't working, fix it"....but I didn't. I told him I was sorry about it, then told him all that I knew about the guitar. He wasn't happy with that, threatened to open a dispute so I gave in and offered replacement parts. He wasn't happy with that, so I offered a refund...half now, half when I get the item back. He wasn't happy with that so I said "Screw it, escalate it".

At that point I realized he wasn't able to be pleased aside from me jumping in my car and driving down to London and fixing it myself free of charge. Basically, what he wanted was for one guy selling unwanted stuff on eBay to instead play the role of a big chain music shop and offer a return policy. I told him I wouldn't do that because he bought the item with all of the info available to him.....he didn't like that so instead got eBay to get what he wanted by force.
Ok I understand. Thanks for all your time here in educating me. I've also told them to escalate it to a claim, have little patience for scammers.
Old 10-01-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

my motto is you try to be nice,you try to resolve,if all else fails tell them to f*** off
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
my moto is you try to be nice,you try to resolve,if all else fails tell them to f*** off
:D

May you rot in....
Old 10-01-2011

i wouldn't go that far,just tell them to f*** off,that's enough
Old 10-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
my motto is you try to be nice,you try to resolve,if all else fails tell them to f*** off
Hahaha, yeah...that is what I ended up doing. I was getting tired of all the threats he was giving me. In the words of Monty Python "Get on with it!"
Old 10-02-2011

only so much you can do

one neg is not gonna be disastrous like you said anyways

you tried and sometimes your best aint good enough

forget and move on,sell loads,make money:bling$: