What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 11 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default vero

removed listing for using avon broucher pictures... as everyone was doing...started using my own but still removed listings, at least I think that was the problem. so, ok, I call avon, t/w legal who tell me ... that avon does nor want anyone PERIOD selling avon on ebay. I said, well I paid for the item and could not use it.. so what says avon ,you still cannot sell on ebay. Does this mean that if I want to sell my ford, paid for by me, that I cannot do that? I mean can one only sell something one has made??? I do not understand where anyone gets away with telling a person they cannot sell something they own. What am I missing here???
Am I jusr stupid??? or am I the only one who cannot sell avon on ebay... among other items???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2008

the big iritant is looking at 1000 other sellers selling the same things with apparenty no problems??? I am also getting pasranoid!!!!!
Voodoo dolls that`s the answer.
Old 05-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
If thats the case everything on ebay is vero
yes that is my point, so eveNtualy nothig but items you personaly make can be sold. nO USED JEANS, SILVERWARE, DISH WEAR TOWELS DRESSES, MAKES NO SENSE.
Old 05-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

VERO is not something that one can always get around but there are ways to make your listings and account less visible and likely to come under fire from the VERO rule.

i think you should read the VERO section of this forum thoroughly to get a better understand of ways to avoid the line of fire.
Old 05-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Yes, there are Several Special ways to "loose" the listings...
As a Mattter of fact- I did a search for one of my listings today--and COuldnt find it...LOL
So- Ive been moving 1,2,3 items/week ranging from $200-$600-- SO< I am assuming that they are Hidden from Vero pretty good!!!
Old 05-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%
Default The most ridiculous VERO ever...

About 3 days ago, I listed a few fashion items by Christian Audigier. Fast forwarding to yesterday, they were removed by eBay because the rights holder complained of "trademark violation". I immediately wrote them asking them why it was removed, even though I clearly showed the tags and even the hologram and got a response back within 30 minutes. It basically said that they were aware of my listings, but that no Christian Audigier item may be sold outside their licensed stores. Isn't that the most ridiculous statement ever, if not against the law? So if I get something from them for my birthday, I'm never allowed to sell it again? I'm sure that must be against the law.

After that, I looked around online and it appears there's a huge amount of people complaining about having their legit listings removed. It appears they're especially targeting the current year's fashion items.
Old 05-12-2008

List it without the brand name in the title but have a big pic of the tag perhaps? I know it won't sell as well but...

I sold a f@cebook clone script and it was always getting pulled for keyword spamming. So I took out the word f@acbook and put f@mous social networking script and the pic was facebook in huge letters.
Old 05-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Well, that's exactly why they use the "trademark violation" route. That way, eBay won't help you fight it (ie, counter-notice), and if you keep "violating ebay policy", you'll get booted. And yes, what the company told you was ridiculous and without basis in law. There is obviously no law that says "Christian Audigier may not be sold by anyone but a licensed retailer".
Old 05-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

thats typical of ebay, it seems that those representing CA are out to get anyone selling there items.

there are heaps of Christian Audigier ⊗⊗⊗⊗ around, probably the reason you was picked on.

some brands are tougher then others when it comes to VERO.

Old 05-13-2008

I've had pretty much the same thing happen, I had a pair of bose headphones that I listed for sale, they were used but still had everything with them even the warranty/registration card that I hadnt bothered to fill out. I pictured all of it in the description, it got yanked in less than an hour and I got an notice saying that Bose Corp had more or less informed ebay I was an unauthorized seller of their products. Which is just ridiculous, if I buy something from them and they get my money for it it should no longer be any of their business what I do with the product.
Old 05-13-2008

Thats nothing. I tried to list my used Lexus RX300, but Lexus got the auction pulled.
Old 05-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wait...a car got VERO'd? Did you import a counterfeit from China or something? :D
Old 05-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Come on now, your CA is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Although as far as their claim that it can be sold only in certain stores, I've seen it in many different kinds of smaller boutiques and I doubt they are all registered with Christian.
They're originals. And Christian Audigier themselves in their emails (from ⊗⊗⊗⊗@donedhardy.com) acknowledged that to me. Its not something I sell usually anyways so I only have 4 of them. After that I have no more of them. I will try and re-list them. If I can't sell them my wife will wear them, no problem. But it just seems ridiculous that you can't re-sell something that you bought.
Old 05-13-2008

It is ridiculous, the only thing I can guess is that ebay is one of the only places that will let these companies tell people what they can or can not do with their own property. I guess maybe these companies hope that if they can limit the resale of their items be them used or new that it will push people into their stores and they will get the $$$ from the consumer. Which in my opinion Bose should be content that they got my money and shouldnt care what I do with the product from then on. I hate to tell them but people that might have bought a pair of used headphones for $70 on ebay probably arent going to go to bose and plunk down the $148 for them or they wouldnt be on ebay looking in the first place. I can see them yanking ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, but to not let people re-sell their own property, cars etc is just ridiculous. And they only do it because ebay allows it. A Lexus Employee would never go to a used car dealership and say "sorry you cant sell that" and Bose isnt going to come to my garage sale and say "hey wait you arent an authorized dealer you are gonna have to keep those earphones you dont want" I think if the FTC looked into all of ebays practices there would be quite the fall out.
Old 05-23-2008

I have seen this person with 0 fb and registered less than 30 days ago listed like 6 vero items that are obviously very ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and still has not has his listing pulled yet...go figure
Old 05-23-2008

Another thing I have learned here. Do not waste anytime trying to figure out why some other ebayer does not get pulled. BIG waste of time...
wait for "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Ebay Suspenderer". It is a mystery!!!
Old 05-27-2008

Default Need Help and Advice Regarding Vero and the Chase

hi,

i sell custom made items on ebay, a couple of days back one my listing got pulled due to trademark violation, after a couple of days i received an email from vero that they need to be compensated, want to see my accounts, want all items in my possession to be sent to them, and undertake i would not list them again.. failing todo so they will appoint litigators to pursue.. the ebay account had false name and address on it.. the email they sent had that false address and name on it which i am sure ebay must have given them.. now first i ignored that email now i got another email today saying not to ignore and comply in return otherwise they will start legal action.. the fact is that item was not even sold so i didnot made any profit.. had not relisted that and it was the first time listed and ebay had pulled it off already... now i am worried if i should reply them by email saying this all or should i just ignore.. any advice? a million thanks
Old 05-27-2008

This is more then likely a scare tactic. If you have only ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info on the account then there would be no way for them to take legal action on you. I would just ignore them and see what happens.
Old 05-27-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I would just ignore them, they have nothing on you.
Old 05-27-2008

are you sure the email from Ebay is not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or scam. This seems very strong for one pulled listing.....Sounds like to me some scam artist is trying to get your money
Old 05-27-2008

thanks for your replies.. can ebay provide them with my credit card details as it has expired credit card on file with real info.. and what about ip addresses.. havent really come across a vero like that this is driving me insane.. has anyone come across such a situation before?
Old 05-27-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMiles2564 View Post
are you sure the email from Ebay is not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or scam. This seems very strong for one pulled listing.....Sounds like to me some scam artist is trying to get your money
yes!! i think this vero is middle man some kind of agent monitoring on other behalfs.. coudnt be scam as listing was removed saying trademark violation than i received this email days after with my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address... i have heard ebay provides personal info to the vero if he requests