What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 18 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Selling counterfeits

My sale for the jeans was 9/6/2006 and I was served the papers - at my home - last December. From what I understand, they had an employee of the company buy the jeans and bring them in. (I am always suspicious of P.O. Boxes for any buyer from California now.) You are correct. They could have switched my jeans for a pair of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones since they wouldn't be hard to find. What worked against me was that I had no documentation from when I bought them. I got them from a wholesaler who I met online. I used to buy tons of designer clothes this way to sell and never - not once - did I ever get an invoice, packing slip - anything. I never thought that I would need it. Well, if I could have produced something to prove that I got the jeans from a licensed wholesaler or retailer, I would have been OK. I could have fought this all the way but it would have started costing me a ton of money in legal fees and I stood a good chance of losing. I would have had to pay for attorneys in California too because that is the state that the law suit was filed in. Of course these designers count of sellers like me to cave in and pay so that they can stop paying legal fees. This is really happening a lot. I will try and find some of the emails I have gotten with trade articles about this. My lawsuit won't be mentioned specifically because I was one of probably thousands. Still, once burned...... I have about 25 pairs of True Religion jeans that I bought off eBay that I absolutely, positively know are authentic, but since I cannot prove it I am worried about trying to sell them. My lawyers would say NO. Another thing that is starting to happen is that buyers - now that they have no fear of negative feedback from Sellers - are claiming that they got ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in their PAYPAL disputes and in feedback. All it takes is a couple neg. feedbacks saying that your product is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ - whether it's true or not - and eBay boots you. It is an incredibly easy way to get someone kicked off eBay. I think that this is what happened to me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Brendaleigh...

The counterfeit Lawyer in LA - BEWARE
This guy bought some TR from me a few years ago and tried to pop me.
I did not have any of my real information on my accounts so they ended up chasing a ghost.
I also used a PO Box as a return address. I was told that they could not serve papers to a PO Box so I was safe on that.
The Law Office sent me 2 letters (No delivery confirmation & Not Certified Mail)
So I just read them, kept them for 6 months, and shredded them.

I have a friend in Brooklyn, NY that got popped by this guy for his web site sales.
He bought 2 pair of TR jeans. It ended up costing my friend about $5,000 a pair after lawyer fees and fines.

You can also look up your case file here:
Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets
Just enter your name in the search window and if you have a case it will pop up.
But in order to see any information past the main screen you have to purchase the paperwork.

Hope that helps some.
Old 09-30-2008

Wow! Thanks a bunch. I found my case but I haven't paid for the extra information - I have already paid attorneys who should be providing me that for fees paid. I paid off Taverniti about a month ago - or their law firm. I am still waiting to see if some of my retainter is left. I also asked my legal team about setting up an LLC for one or more of my new companies that I will be using for at least a couple new eBay accounts. I am spending a lot of time researching how to protect myself from this and other financial pitfalls that happen when you use eBay and PAYPAL - BEFORE I set up these accounts. I will not be doing anything illegal - but that doesn't mean someone won't accuse me. I probably should change my ID from BrendaLeigh to Paranoid.
Old 09-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Brendaleigh.... What is your Social Security #? JK...

From my experience most Vero companies will give you a warning and tell you to take off the listing and to stop selling the stuff. They will send you a email or a letter for example: (This letter is to inform you that you are to immediately cease and desist the sale....and so on)

I think you didn't follow the warning for them to file a lawsuit. If you only sold one pair of jeans then the lawsuit wasn't necessary. I understand if you sold more than one pair and keep listing and ignoring their request to stop and they file a law suit against you.

Each time I list digital items and get the warning message I stop cold turkey.
This should be a lesson for everyone else who get served a notice.

BooMer
Old 10-01-2008

Default selling counterfeits

No - I had no warning. I only sold the one pair of Taverniti jeans. I never gave them my SS# either. Like I said, I believe that I was part of a huge legal action taken by this designer. Had I received a warning from VERO or anybody, I would never have sold them. I really don't think that VERO had anything to do with this - or eBay really. I am not sure that eBay even knows about this. This is separate from them. In the lawsuit paperwork that I was served with I got the name and date of the sale so I was able to find my paperwork on the sale. They went to a guy in California with a P.O. Box. I was under the impression that he worked for Taverniti and bought them on their behalf but it is possible that he took them to Tav. and turned them in - but then I don't see how he would be named in the law suit as the Petitioner. Again, no - I never had any warning that I was selling a counterfeit product. Besides, I only sold ONE pair!

Last edited by Brendaleigh; 10-03-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-01-2008

Default I've talked to T&S many of times

When I was a powerseller through the 6 yrs with eBay, I have talked to T&S many times and I also had my powerseller support guy within eBay helping me out. He told me that T&S come to work like cops. They think that everyone is a criminal and is out to get eBay. I have talked to T&S a couple of times. 99% of them are Awholes. Excuse my french. I remember getting so frustrated with them that I finally said what I truly wanted to say to them. Not too long after that, I got my 7 day suspension. I don't know if this was truly from a competitor who was trying his best to get me banned or this lady in T&S that I got loud with. I truly believe that if T&S doesn't like you...you are on their **** list and you will get banned. ****y stuff but when you register with eBay, your playing in their game. Sucks Ass :( But with the eBay Stealth Book...its no longer their game...its yours :D Thats what I love about this
Old 10-05-2008

I love your attitude!! eBay and PP can be so intimidating sometimes. I am happy that I am armed and up to date (thanks to THE BOOK and this Forum) with everything I need to know to use their services when I want to. I no longer live in fear of being suspended. I will just pop up as someone else in the Midwest.
Old 03-19-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hi-my experience has been- 1 on a new acct-90 dys or less old. on a 2 yr old acct got 2-still up. had a 5yr ps acct-took 5-6 hits still up . on the 7th-lost power seller status for 30 dys...
here is my count
4 hits 2 month account still up
3 hits 1.5 month account still up (all from same vero company)
2 hits 1 month old account still up

Vero is very strange and unpretictable
Old 02-12-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappyjan View Post
I am an Agent and sell Authentic Burberry items. Ebay has stated that VERO has stated I am seeling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Last time I was suspended VERO admitted they were wrong and reinstated my Ebay account and also my listings.
6 weeks later I am suspended again for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. My issue is that there are lots of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on Ebay which seem to always escape.I honestly feel that the Burberry VERO on Ebay is an Ebay seller who sees me as a threat.

Any suggestions how I can overcome this would be appreciated.
They're on to you, the only thing you can do is change your product line. Are you showing them invoices for your merchandise as proof? Did you get it taken care of with them and then start listing immediatly after? I.E. they take down one listing for a pair of pants, you show them the reciept for that one pair of pants, then continue to list 10 pairs? Unless you have 9 more reciepts, then they'll always report you.
Old 02-12-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidle2lion View Post
It's true about the power sellers having power alright! A power seller got me kicked off for five days based on a false report! After I proved it was a lie...I asked Ebay to take action against the power seller for "ABUSING EBAY", "Interfering with the operation of Ebay" and obviously abusing the reporting system result = No response from ebay and Power seller account =Still active! I made it so obvious that it was 100% bogus...

They said I stole there picture and discription for an item...but get this ..the seller claimed I stole this from them in APRIL....My first listing went up June 10th! My account was non existant before May! I pointed all this out and so far no response...
Ebay obviously didn't accept your "proof". If you were reported for this, Ebay asks for proof. They want to see the picture in your auction, then they want to see a link to an item number that pre-dates YOUR listing with the same picture. If the picture is there and they can not find a listing of yours that has a pre-dated picture to the reporter, then it's pretty much confirmed that YOU stole the picture. There's no need to respond when they know you are lying.
Old 03-01-2010

Longevity: 81%
Default keep it simple

From my experience ebay has some of the dumbest individuals in the world running its front line.

If you expect them to understand something as complicated as dates, different accounts, emails, good luck...

I had a competing user use another of their user id's to send me threatening emails, after explaining this to ebay they suspended my account for threatening them! It took me another week for me to explain they got the users mixed up, finally 10 days later they got it right and suspended both the competing users accounts.

My advice, if you need to explain anything, you will not be happy with the result.

If you can point them in a direction and they can understand you then have a chance.