What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 17 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Interesting Article About Vero

eBay Guides - eBay Vero - What you Must Know

Quite a good read
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2008

absolutly craxy isn't it. There has to be a crash in the online market soon. I either mean Ebay and Paypal crumble or along those lines, just get taken down or cut up to bits lol
Old 06-29-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Yes, thats a recap by an ebay member/ a Review they wrote.
The very BEST Authority from the ranks, is Tabberone..
She just became a member here last week..--Now she IS the authority on ebay/Vero
Old 06-29-2008

I see yes
Old 07-02-2008

Default VERO now flagging listings when listed?

I was listing some VERO items and noticed this warning reads differently to the old one;

Quote:
''Are you attempting to list a counterfeit or non-authentic item? Are you aware the listing of such items is not allowed on eBay?

If you continue, your listing will be flagged and promptly reviewed. If your listing appears to offer a counterfeit or non-authentic item, it will be ended and your eBay account could be suspended. We may also refer your listing to the relevant company or law enforcement for review.

If the item is authentic, we encourage you to provide more information in your listing. If it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity or has a serial number please state this in your listing.

We appreciate your help making eBay an even safer place to trade.

Click here for a window with eBay's policy on counterfeit items.

Click here for a window with About Me pages created by trademark owners.
Warning: Do not click the submit button, unless you know the item is authentic.''
Old 07-02-2008

Yes-theyve been using that, But they still can deny the listing on the next page prompt..
Old 07-06-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Vero removed golf clubs.

Hi. Just when I thought I've seen it all vero removed golf clubs due to trademark infringement etc. The golf clubs that I were selling are genuine and the brand company is not even apart of vero? How can vero remove my item if the vero owner is not even apart of the vero group?

eBay is bologna!!!!!!!!!

I must admit nothing can be sold on eBay U.S. site anymore without being removed point blank and simple.
Old 07-10-2008

sounds ridiculous, why would eBay give any member that kind of power and why would you go around reporting listings? Why not stick to your own business?
Old 07-10-2008

OMG, that's no wonder eBay hates me that much, damn , I should have that 01 ID, if I don't report other people, at least it can make my account safe.
Old 07-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkyboy1 View Post
sounds ridiculous, why would eBay give any member that kind of power and why would you go around reporting listings? Why not stick to your own business?
The person is like the Police in Iraq right now. :D
Old 07-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

And you are here on the forum because ? Have you fallen foul of the ebay master?
Old 07-10-2008

WHO am-
Is the Vero Tool on the bottom of the listings on the left--you just click the drop down menu--then choose -- type of infringement, then another drop down, then choose specific?

You can also click the box to choose to send you a copy --correct?
And your contact is Vero@ebay.com

Am i hot or cold??
Old 07-10-2008

Thumbs up

Hmmm...

Oh Well, thats the way a VERO Owner reports..
(Ive seen my best friend do it-she lives in NYC)..

Here's some REAL VERO screen shots...

Last edited by ebayhateluv; 07-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-12-2008

good ss ebayhluv.
Old 07-12-2008

HI:
Heres the email Ebay sends to the Vero Owner..
(This is after the item is taken out)--

Thank you for contacting us.

We are pleased to inform you that the following listing(s) you reported have been removed from eBay in response to the Notice of Claimed Infringement you recently sent:

lobxxxxx
28xxxxxxxxxx

We have notified the seller and all participating bidders that the listing(s) has been removed due to your request.

If the Notice of Claimed Infringement contained items that are not listed above you will receive a separate email communication about those items. These notices may arrive at different times (over a period of up to several hours) as items for different sellers are processed separately.

If you should have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

VeRO Program
eBay Trust & Safety

header:

Subject: VeRO Program -- eBay Listing Removed
Thread-Topic: VeRO Program -- eBay Listing Removed

Return-Path: <vero@ebay.com>
Message-ID: <006941c8e300$5b0b1fe0$4d01fb0a@corp.ebay.com>
Received: from den-mipot-002.corp.ebay.com (den-mipot-002.corp.ebay.com
Old 09-26-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Selling Counterfeits

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here - or profits, but here is something that isn't discussed anywhere on this Forum. Selling counterfeits - even if both the buyer and seller know that they are "replica's," is against the law. By that I mean that the trademark holder can sue you for damages. Trust me, if this happens then keeping your eBay account will be the furthest thing from your mind. This is what happened to me.

When I started selling designer jeans on eBay 3 years ago I knew nothing about the counterfeit market. I was a total newbie. I sold a pair of Taverniti jeans in 2006. One pair. Last November I was served a law suit by Taverniti claiming Copyright violations, Trademark infringement and lots of other violations. They were asking for $40,000.00 in damages alone. I hired the best Trademark attorney in my city and after $6000.00 in legal fees (this would have been much higher but my brother is a Senior Partner in this firm and the lead attorney waived his fee and got the firm in California to waive theirs too) I got the settlement down to $3000.00. If you can add that makes this a $9000.00 pair of jeans. (Actually it was over $10,000.00 because there were a few other fees that I had to pay.) My legal team sends me trade articles from time to time and they talk about how designers are going after the eBay seller more and more - and winning! I have an eBay friend who had to declare bankruptcy after being sued by Antik. She is trying to keep her house now. I am so careful about never selling anything but verifiable, authentic jeans and bags that it has taken all the fun - not to mention profit, out of the process. I know that a lot of you are making big money from selling counterfeits and I am warning you that it can all come crashing down on you at any time. These designers have 7 years to decide to sue you. If you are selling authentic merchandise I recommend keeping good documentation of it in case you are ever sued. I learned the hard way but I got off easy compared to others. If this posting has put shivers down your spine then my work here is done.
Old 09-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Brendaleigh You double posted. Is that your first and last name in your ID?
Old 09-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkyboy1 View Post

That is what really makes me mad. That people would rather go around wrecking others businesses rather than establishing their own and making good profits.
The Following User Says Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
imhim (05-30-2010)
Old 09-28-2008

Longevity: 98%

Brendaleigh, your lesson: Don't put your real address in your eBay account.

They get your information from eBay, not your ISP.

Your lawyer also ripped you off. You should have won and then countersued for legal fees and etc.
Old 09-28-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Selling counterfeits

No, I got off easy. My lead attorney (who worked Pro Bono) is the #3 Trademark attorney in the US. Most of the judgments are closer to $30,000.00. The trades are full of articles about people like me who have been hit hard. Like I said, I know another seller who has had to declare bankruptcy because a designer has sued her and gotten a judgment of $40,000.00. I am not judging anyone on this Forum for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. It's good money if you can get away with it. I just wanted to point out that there are consequences way beyond losing your eBay account. The jeans in question were sold so long ago and Taverniti apparently had them so I have no idea if they were real or counterfeit. Not knowing that the item you are selling is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is not a defense. I would never consider trying to counter sue. More money down the drain. I am just very, very careful to only sell authentic merchandise and keep really good records of how I buy it. My income has plummeted and I am still worried that other designers I sold to before I knew better might come after me. I just wanted to point out that selling counterfeits is against the law and these designers are filing big law suits naming thousands of people like me who sell on eBay and sites like it. The reason it isn't posted here is because most of these sellers don't want to try to get back on eBay. Actually this is not why I was suspended. I don't think that eBay even knows about this. Taverniti got my address from the return mailing label when I shipped the jeans. I would never have won this lawsuit because I had no records proving authenticity. At best I could have told them that I wasn't going to hire legal representation and that they were going to have to deal with me - and I wanted a trial. My attorney said that I had about a 50/50 chance that they would drop it rather than deal with that. However if they proceeded and won -their judgment could have been $40,000.00 or more. It was a risk I wasn't willing to take. I'm not going to put my real address on my new eBay account but I am certain that they could track me down eventually. BTW - I don't use my name as my ID here. I love The Closer on TNT and the lead character is named Brenda Leigh Johnson. That is where it came from.
Old 09-29-2008

Brendaleigh, so they go to the trouble of buying from people to check out the merchandise?

So legally I believe you are allowed to inspect their supposed evidence to have it authenticated. There also is the issue of proving that they didn't switch the item you sent with another later for the trial.

You said you don't know if it was counterfeit or not so it's possible they might have switched a legit pair with a counterfeit to bully you offline.

Also, do you know... if someone declares bankruptcy, will that get them out of all civil suit judgements against them?

I'd also think it could be possible to just set up an LLC as a shield against such lawsuits when a corporation files a SLAPP lawsuit like this.

Last edited by Jonas; 09-29-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2008

Brendaleigh, also exactly how long from when you shipped the item did you learn you were being sued. You sound like the company intentionally waited many years so you would lose the proof.

Also, I googled around for news articles about cases like yours, but I found none. Do you have any?