What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 16 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-26-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

OMB:
Im very surprised you even got past the listing phase without a restriction/ signal .

You must:

a.) be listing non threatening vero items?
b.) have verified paypal linked to that acct

Actually--even with a linked pp acct and a 11 yr old ebay acct- i could only get like 4-6 Veros, i.,e. Rolex items, UNTIL I BUILD TRUST AT THAT LEVEL for a certain amt of months--then go alittle higher--
BUT 50----

You are extremely lucky...
hope they are 3 day auctions--so you can at least close them and get your money??

Old 06-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Sorry your suspension is taking so long, but I haven't found and reported your listings yet. Hang in there, though. It's coming!
Old 06-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I doubt it...I know some people who list 100 auctions..and the never get verod
Old 06-26-2008

Longevity: 94%

lol ya ya....but I'm still not suspended yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
OMB:
Im very surprised you even got past the listing phase without a restriction/ signal .

You must:

a.) be listing non threatening vero items?
b.) have verified paypal linked to that acct

Actually--even with a linked pp acct and a 11 yr old ebay acct- i could only get like 4-6 Veros, i.,e. Rolex items, UNTIL I BUILD TRUST AT THAT LEVEL for a certain amt of months--then go alittle higher--
BUT 50----

You are extremely lucky...
hope they are 3 day auctions--so you can at least close them and get your money??
Yeah this is the weirdest thing ever because I'm selling a very obvious VERO brand and these items always get the seller limit message. The most I have ever listed in a day before this month was 9 items before getting that message. And yes I have the linked verified paypal but who doesn't lol. I listed them for 5 day listings because I just never take a chance with 3 day listings for VERO. Anyways...I know I've done something crazy when ebayhateluv is impressed lol
Old 06-26-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Wow bud you lucky that you didn't get your auctions pulled within a couple of hours. Hope you can close some of the auctions and make some money and then just go ahead and can the account don't make ebay a $1,000 richer!
Old 06-26-2008

Yeah I just hope the ebay account lasts for at least another day. The weird thing for me is that my ebay and paypal accounts never go down at the same time. My ebay account usually gets suspended and nothing happens to the attached paypal. And usually when my Paypal gets limited nothing happens to the ebay account.
Old 06-26-2008
Banned

Bro with me it is opposite. When my paypal gets limited my ebay account goes down. I guess its because the paypal account was linked to the ebay account. Do you link your paypal and ebay account or no?
Old 06-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

For some funny reason, when eBay kills my accounts here in Japan, my PayPal accounts stay up. I then suck out all the money and leave :D
Old 06-26-2008

I don't usually go in and manually link the account. When I say I link them, I mean I use the paypal account with ebay and they're basically linked as far as ebay and paypal are concerned.. But yeah I don't usually use Paypal as my automatic payment or anything. I don't actually go in and link them. At least not most of the time.

LOL imjustme...I do the same.

Also, I just wanna add that even though they aren't 3 day auctions they're all Buy It Now items that I list. So I'm pretty sure some of them will close so I can pull the money out before they suspend me.

Last edited by OMB; 06-26-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2008

Longevity: 91%

wish you the best brother
Old 06-27-2008

I listed a whole bunch again today. I'm almost wanting to stop selling on this account completely to save it. Do you guys think it'll help my account last any longer? Or is it best to just keep listing like this until they suspend me? It's an account from January.
Old 06-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Are you TRYING to get it suspended?
Old 06-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Ebay is unpredictable...you could stop selling on for 2 months and wake up 1 day and its suspended for violating the spirit of ebay. I'v been suspended and I didn't have any auctions up before. That just let's me know the whole suspension thing is random..if they don't get u today they will get you tomorrow..or 8 months from now especially for Vero items, my suggestion is this...if u sell vero items..create as many accounts as u can, and just milk it when 1 account goes down use another.
Old 06-27-2008
Banned

If your really trying to get suspended then why not just list like piece cheese for $1,000,000 I'm sure they'll suspend you then.
Old 06-28-2008

Longevity: 91%

Hi, there. I’m new here and need some serious advice!!!

I have three IDs:

One only for buying with 30 feedbacks 100% score about 1 year old
Two selling IDs with stores: both 100% feedback scores: one 600+ feedbacks 8 year old (but started selling only one and half years ago) and the other with 60+ feedback 6 month old.

My second selling ID (6 month ago) just got suspended this afternoon for a minimum of 7 days for Item is significantly misrepresented policy.

For that account, I only sell one kind of widgets: pinback buttons (movies, music band/singer, cartoons, etc: very normal for pinback button items). To my knowledge, the description is true and accurate. FYI, 6 of my items were pulled off a week ago for Trademark Violation-Unauthorized Item. In reality, it was only 3 items (3 in store and 3 in auction listing). I took the tutorial and went about my business. I didn’t relist those items even thou there are other sellers selling the same/similar buttons.

This afternoon, I got an eBay notice for Listing Removed Item is significantly misrepresented for one single item (MC019, to be precise, it was New Kids On the Block Pinback Button Set) then immediate another same notice for all my items (MC019, 100+ items). And right away my account was suspended (MC062).

I don’t quite understand where and how I misrepresented my button items. They all have the same generic but very appropriate description (I will put my description for you to see at the end of this post).

I’ve sent messaged to Trust and Safety and only got automated replies so far. This is my first suspension and I feel like this is due to some competitor reporting me out of jealous: I’ve only been selling pinback buttons little more than one month and managed to sell 80+ items in the 1st month.

Do you all think I have great chance at re-activating my account? I am very pi**ed *** and anxious that this might affect my other IDs, especially the selling ID. I only logged in to my other selling ID once since the suspension for a brief time (before I knew the risk). Now I’m afraid to log in to it..

Thx in advance for any advice.

Here’s my pinback button description:

You are looking at a set of 1-1/4" pinback buttons. They are brand new (never been worn) and professionally machine constructed of premium quality metal and mylar products. You will receive all buttons in the 1st picture.
• 1.25" (3.2 cm) in diameter
• perfect for hats, jackets, backpacks, party favors, craft projects, etc
• great gift items
• individually packaged in a plastic baggie
• for immediate BIN purchase and other button sets, check out my store: [my store name]
Shipping and Handling for this item is:
To S/H Cost per additional BUTTON item
US and Canada $ 2.50 $ 0.50
Other Countries $ 3.50 $ 0.75

I do combine shipping on multiple item purchase made within 7 days. Preferred payment method is PAYPAL, and I also accept Money Order and Cashier's Check (please remember to let me know you are mailing one). Payment is expected within 7 days of auction end. If you have any question, please ask me before bidding/purchasing.
Thank you for looking and Have a Wonderful Day =^.^=
Old 06-28-2008

I'm not TRYING to get suspended. I just wanna list as much as humanly possible before getting suspended.

Anyways, just when I thought I'm untouchable guess what I got after listing 3 of these items today.

Quote:
Thank you for choosing eBay.

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited as to the listing of certain items. Please do not attempt to relist this item for 30 days.

Sellers who have a consistent positive selling history of such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you would like eBay to review your limits or if you have any additional questions, please email us at Customer Support.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

Click here for a window with more information on eBay’s listing guidelines.
Old 06-28-2008

Default vero item?

hey guys,
i am just wondering how i can tell if my item is vero (or vero-able?)
i know brand name hand bags are, how about brand name perfumes?
is there a list somewhere that tells you what is vero and what is not?
Old 06-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB View Post
I'm not TRYING to get suspended. I just wanna list as much as humanly possible before getting suspended.

Anyways, just when I thought I'm untouchable guess what I got after listing 3 of these items today.
Better then suspension
Old 06-28-2008
Banned

eBay Help : Community Standards : Policies and conduct : eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) About Me Pages

That page shows all most all the companies that are vero participants.

Last edited by John14789; 06-28-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Not all participants are listed there, in my experience.
Old 06-28-2008
Banned

That link shows a majority of vero participants. Maybe there are more.
Old 06-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Well at least u wasn't suspended