What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 14 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycoreisback View Post
Thats nothing. I got a LEXUS vero for listing my used Lexus RX300. Once you buy a legit product, it should be your to buy and sell at will. All this crap started with companies that think they can take your money for a product and illegal control the resale of the used product. A clear anti-trust violation.
A lexus? You know what? I'm going to go on ebay and VERO some ones house up for sale. I would recommend others do the same. You'll really hurt ebay sales this way. Imagine you could disable the entire real estate section by veroing every listing. haha. After that you move onto vehicles, boats, etc. Forget boycotting just report everything on the site, lol.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Vero...

Having listings removed is a pain, that is why I try to stick with Buy-It-Now items with Pay Now when they buy. Less hasstles.

Once, a year ago, I found someone using copy that I had on my website. It was word for word. I sent in the vero and it was removed. I remember being so mad because I had paid a professional writer to write the copy.

Now, I have the joy of being veroed due to a number of reasons. I generally fly under the radar because I use the buyitnow auctions but hopefully there will not be many times that my auctions don't sell in 3 days, that is the average time it takes for the vero to kick in.

Doug
Old 06-08-2008

yes selling VERO items with an amature listings design is a good idea.. the pictures dont really matter. just take a normal picture with the product on a table or something.. because ebay CANT track pictures from other suspended users if you host off a harddrive or something
Old 06-08-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Yes, def. good idea--I also have my kids hold my items, and they describe what it is to me and i type---- That way--its REALLY amateur..
Old 06-08-2008

OR--maybe its Ebay Employees that are Reporting??
I have my own Vero on certain items-- I reported 1 item-- 4 times--still not taken down--I reported again from my 11 yr old acct--guess what--still left up..

I started to think maybe your tenure would allow an item to be taken down when you are older?? NO, didnt work--the guy had a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and it went to sale..

He had around 900 fb, at 96%, and his tenure was only 2 yrs..go figure??
Old 06-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
I also have my kids hold my items, and they describe what it is to me and i type---- That way--its REALLY amateur..
LOL! Sorry, but I thought that sounded so funny!
Old 06-12-2008

I've come with a random idea just at the moment.
What if one'd make his listing in photoshop, then save it as a JPG, and the just put the pic (and only it) as the description ? is it authorized ? maybe it would mess up with any "specific keyword search robot"
Old 06-13-2008

Longevity: 94%

That's a really good idea chocobulle! Has anyone tried it before?
Old 06-13-2008

Default Someone please explain vero to me

Are they the eBay Nazi's? What is their purpose?
Old 06-13-2008

Hi, Cat: Welcome!

Well-think of Vero as like the OWNER of the bRAND nAMES--
like Kelloggs Frosted Flakes, Goodyear Tire Company, McDonalds..They all have their NAMES patented---you gotta get permission to use it..
So-when selling in ebay- those OWNERs--tell ebay if we are selling stuff they think is ⊗⊗⊗⊗..
VERO=Verified Rights Owners... Theres a whole list of them in ebay--Tiffany, Rolex, etc..

P>S. Its the #1 reason for suspensions
Old 06-13-2008

So what if I am selling a Gucci handbag that is really a Gucci handbag but I've used it for a couple of years. Does that mean Gucci gets a case of the meanies and let's eBay come after me?

Why doesn't eBay send one warning e-mail to sellers before suspending them? It seems to me that with most sellers it would only take one warning to remove an item. They have gotten to be very punitive lately.
Old 06-13-2008

Well--they suggest taking a photo with your sales recipt in the photo for the handbag--
THEN, writing the ad up as neatly as possible--offering FULL refund if not happy-stating 100% authentic, GUARANTEED--offering the listing with pp..etc..

This all started to get hot and heavy after Tiffany filed suit against ebay last year..
Old 06-13-2008

OMG - who keeps receipts for everything?

I currently have a Fender guitar for sale but I don't have a receipt for it because it was purchased in 1962 by my father.

There are millions of items for sale on eBay right now where people list the name brand and they don't get slapped on the hand by eBay. How do they choose which ones to go after?
Old 06-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthehat View Post
Why doesn't eBay send one warning e-mail to sellers before suspending them?
Sometimes they do. VERO owners are given sweeping powers to take down your auctions without any ebay involvement whatsoever,

They sign something like "I agree to do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country to take down only auctions that are to the best of my knowledge infringing or potentially infringing so help me God"

If your account scorecard is on the wrong side of the tracks the account is gone without a warning. Just because some VERO member on the 58th floor thought it might be potentially infringing or your account has a good chance of potentially infringing in the future.

VERO warning

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item ( xxxxxxxxx)

Dear unlucky(unlucky@yahoo.com),

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

xxxxxxxxx - blah blah blah

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, Smarty Pants Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

VERO suspension

INS NOTICE: Indefinite VeRO: eBay Registration Suspension - unlucky@yahoo.com

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR ACCOUNT**

Dear unlucky (unlucky@yahoo.com):

We regret to inform you that your account has been suspended indefinitely for repeatedly listing potentially infringing items on eBay.

If you register any new accounts, they will be suspended as well.

If you believe we have made an error and have supporting information you would like us to review, please contact us by responding to this message.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team
Old 06-13-2008

Doesn't seem fair!!!!

Is that any way to run a business?
Old 06-13-2008

HI: Ebay is not fair--at all.. 9thats why we're all here!!)
Anyhow-- sometimes its random, and sometimes i think competitors turn us in, and sometimes "I think" that its ebay employees or paypal employees that want to sell the same product--so they knock out the competition, to clear the way for their sales??
Old 06-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Cat, which Fender were you selling? Those axes make sweet music. I would not waste that
on ebay though, in case you got scammed.
Old 06-13-2008

I sold 2 pairs of Nike Air Jordans from 1996 and 1997. They were never worn, shoe laces never tied. I still had the receipts to them. I even too a pic of the receipts. I didn't know about vero but I guess the pics of the receipts are what helped them not get pulled.
Old 06-14-2008

Look on eBay for a 1962 Fender Jazz Bass.

I have had a HUGE interest from Europe. I guess the Euro gets more bang for the buck. So far I have 18 bidders and 50 watchers and lots of them wanting to pay the reserve if I close the auction now. Must be a good deal huh? I think the history behind it may be what the attraction is.

A local music store saw it and wants to see it today so I told them they could but they would still have to bid on it.
Old 06-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Talking

I died. Man, is that one sweet baby. That would go well with my Rickenbacker
4001 bass and the others. Money, I need money.

You could realize at least US$5500 or more if you manage to sell to the European market.
Old 06-14-2008

Yep - I know. That's why I'm leaving it up until the end. My life would be easier if someone from the states wins this beauty. I'm not looking forward to shipping it overseas.

This guitar belonged to my father who was in the touring band for Lloyd Price (look it up) the band was called Eddie Seacrist and the Rolling Rockets or sometimes spelled Eddy). Played American Bandstand, The Apollo Theatre, opened for Ray Charles and Bobby Darin and had their own TV show on Channel 8 out of Oakhill WV. We're talking rock-a-billy days., I looked up the US Copyright and saw my dads name on the songs they recorded. I have a couple of them digitally I can send to you if you like. You would have to send me your e-mail address. If you like 50's rocka-a-billy they are not bad. I would love for someone to want to record these. I could use the money.
Old 06-14-2008

Just a side line thought about VERO--you know sometimes its not only that we use the actual brand name--IF ITS our stuff, like the original OP of this thread--

POssibly, he used a term/phrase that is patented... Let me give you an example:

I listed a watch- a non-Vero at $29--BUT, I described the watches case as a "tank style" case--It was taken down..

Who knows why?

Because--Cartier has the name/phrase "TANK" copyrighted... so you cannot use it...
(Just alitlle trivia)