What is VERO ? Understanding VERO. So I can just vero anyone I want? Vero examples - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-08-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

I have already posted a thread on how to beat vero. Its really easy and not hard at all. all you have to do is spread out your items over 3 accounts and rotate accounts maybe 2 times a week.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2008

Longevity: 95%

Have a Challenge.. I bet 1/2 of the selling price-- no one can get a Rolex Dealers Display clock to last 7 days..
Old 01-11-2008

Longevity: 98%

When ebay does random VERO, does it tell you something like the rights holder's name and their email address? Or what's it say?

Last edited by Jonas; 05-29-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
That is the only good thing about powerseller, selling VEro with total immunity.
no..no immunity.
you can just take more vero hits. i had like 12 or something in a month, i posted a screenshot a while ago, account still going.
Old 01-11-2008
Banned

That is what i mean, they keep taking down your Vero auction and keep giving you Vero warnings and still no suspension. It took my powerseller account over 6 months to finally get suspended. Every time they took it down I would put it right back up. They would last long enough to get sold on 3 day auctions.
Old 01-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
That is what i mean, they keep taking down your Vero auction and keep giving you Vero warnings and still no suspension. It took my powerseller account over 6 months to finally get suspended. Every time they took it down I would put it right back up. They would last long enough to get sold on 3 day auctions.
What level powerseller were you? I mean does even the lowly bronze powerseller get this benefit?
Old 01-12-2008

i was on the lowest one, and took that many. i stopped now though since i value that account, now selling a lot slower there.
Old 01-20-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default Vero Items

I was selling 5 boxsets of Star Trek complete seasons on eBay. My bids were going through the roof and I had about 800 bucks in inventory going to sell by this afternoon. But I received an email from ebay's Vero system saying the property rights owners suspected this of being bootleg or w/e. I bought them in Iraq when I was there and I guess they could have been a little shady.And ebay removed my listings and sent me this nastygram which I had to take a tutorial in order to sell again on ebay. Whatever. I got mad and decided to cut my losses on Star Trek and listed another dvd boxset of a different show I brought home from Iraq. This time I didn't list a picture. I didn't put nothing in the description that might describe this item have been an import or anything. It was basically a very simple listing which had a sentence or two describing my terms and shipping. There was no way a Vero complaint could have come from this listing.....but it did. Almost immediately I had another Vero email and a second listing removed. Am I being flagged or watched now? When I put a listing on ebay is there automatically someone looking over my shoulder to judge if I am listing a legit item or not? And how many more of these warnings can I get before I'm suspended? I do have some very legitimate dvds that I plan on selling soon and I don't want to get banned because of these assumptions of being ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-20-2008

Hi-I personally felt paranoid myself when it happens. I do believe a couple things; a.) Yes-they have a team searching listings by name/category b.) you have a competitor turning you in c.) that category is what's killing you.. why not wait- use a diff acct.. I think the 3rds a charm. if u know what I mean . Also-view our Vero threads for some real good clues..
Old 01-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakobHarper View Post
I was selling 5 boxsets of Star Trek complete seasons on eBay. My bids were going through the roof and I had about 800 bucks in inventory going to sell by this afternoon. But I received an email from ebay's Vero system saying the property rights owners suspected this of being bootleg or w/e. I bought them in Iraq when I was there and I guess they could have been a little shady.And ebay removed my listings and sent me this nastygram which I had to take a tutorial in order to sell again on ebay. Whatever. I got mad and decided to cut my losses on Star Trek and listed another dvd boxset of a different show I brought home from Iraq. This time I didn't list a picture. I didn't put nothing in the description that might describe this item have been an import or anything. It was basically a very simple listing which had a sentence or two describing my terms and shipping. There was no way a Vero complaint could have come from this listing.....but it did. Almost immediately I had another Vero email and a second listing removed. Am I being flagged or watched now? When I put a listing on ebay is there automatically someone looking over my shoulder to judge if I am listing a legit item or not? And how many more of these warnings can I get before I'm suspended? I do have some very legitimate dvds that I plan on selling soon and I don't want to get banned because of these assumptions of being ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Thanks for your advice.
eeBay considers everything VERO. And yes you are being flagged watched by a competitor on eebay. That is the nature of things there.
Many ways of getting around VERO items revolves around heavily HTML-ing the listing with colors and fonts to trick the VERO system. But it doesn't trick the competitor from ratting on you like a stool pigeon.
But why bother if they are just going to harass you with pulled listings, the dumb tutorial and getting banned....

Is it worth it to be blacklisted by a company that is increasingly being blacklisted back by angry users? Not in the least.

Those dvd box sets are sold outright through Amazon's direct catalogue and sold all over the web. eEbay is full of shiit as usual. They are lying to you. The dvd box sets are not bootlegs. Only the shiit head who filed the complaint is bootlegged: as in, its' unjustied and dubious.
Anywhere is OK outside of eebay. Inside eebay is akin to general prison population.
Sorry, I don't mean to sound bitter but eebay is stupid as usual.

And stupid is as stupid does.
Old 01-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%
Default VERO on a 300 year old item? WTF

I recently listed an ancient Chinese vase, few hundred years old, on one of my accounts I rarely use. I deal with Antiques a bit on the side... but a few moments ago, it was removed due to "trademark violation" under the VERO program and the eBay email claimed that the rights owner complained. What the hell? There's no way that someone from the Ming dynasty (between the year 1368-1644 A.D.) complained about a vase...

Is eBay going nuts? Someone reported it?
Old 01-23-2008

did they give you the vero owners info?
Old 01-23-2008

Hi- I'd do a search for similar-see who's got listings out there-most likely the Power Seller who has the most is who reported you? --Only way around on Antiques-get it Appraised-scan appraisal + include as a photo.. I did it with a Victorian Desk..It brought $5,800..my appraisal was $7500.
Old 01-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

No VERO rights owner information, that's the strange thing. There's a few hundred other Ming dynasty items on eBay, so I have no idea who would have reported me... and for what reason anyways? It's like putting a trademark on a Roman coin or a wooden chair.
Old 01-23-2008

Default they are out of controll

I just got suspended for selling 3 prescription items. Funny, but 2 were not even close to a prescription item. one was an air pump. the other was a flow doppler detector? how do you get these stupid cancelations over turned and rienstated.
Old 01-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
No VERO rights owner information, that's the strange thing. There's a few hundred other Ming dynasty items on eBay, so I have no idea who would have reported me... and for what reason anyways? It's like putting a trademark on a Roman coin or a wooden chair.

Didn't they even give you the VERO person's name and if so what was it?
Old 01-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Nope, they just wrote that a VERO complaint was received by the trademark holder. I even wrote to T&S asking who complained and why it was removed, because it was just a 300+ year old vase from the Ming dynasty, without any trademark or anything and also asked if they thought it was a copy perhaps. They wrote back that they could not give me more information than they had already given me and that they did NOT remove it because they thought it was a copy, but because the trademark holder complained.

They apparently have no idea about Antiques. Next thing you'll see all those Roman and Greek coins removed because Caesar or Cleopatra complained from their graves. To top it off, 5 minutes after T&S responded, they suspended the account for the period of 1 year.

And all that for a 300+ year old vase? Seriously, they're getting more ridiculous every day. I think they're growing past what they can handle, so they fight left and right suspending anything that moves.
Old 01-25-2008

Sorry imjustme but this is hilarious in that it shows how ridiculous they are. This is agreat story to tell people when explaining that these things happen for no reason.
Hope you have other accounts running and are able to unload the vase somehow
Old 01-25-2008

Yes, you mind as well just BYpass their system to sell it--Try + Try the Legit way---doesnt work with a Company like Ebay..theyre too big..
-
If it were me, wait till Thurs eve-- If your fb is high enough- Camouflage the title, do a 3 day with a Buy it now, or Better yet- go Saturday eve, do a 1 day...
Old 01-25-2008

I think I've read here that VERO holders watch the weekend and one-day auctions very closely...I've done that in the past hoping that it would sneak through. I actually did a BIN for someone who contacted me, sold her the item went out sick, in the cold to ship it express and when she got it she complained that it wasn't as nice as the pic looked and wanted her money back. In the meantime, after the sale closed I got the "Item removed" email from ebay...go figure, after the item was closed!
BTW she put in a protest with PP and I had to refund her money. I had to express mail it because it was a box to put a watch in for her husband's birthday. By the time I was done I was real tempted to send her husband a birthday card telling him that his wife bought him a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watch :D
Old 01-28-2008

Default Vero Items?

Hi just wondering what all your opinion's are on vero items. I know what vero item is in my eyes for example a chloe bag or chanel bag. But what is a vero item in your eyes individually. Am i safe listing dvds on a 1 week old account or a pair of nike trainers.

Also what would you guys say are the items to sell with decent profits and safe from ebay suspension. Ive just opened my first accounts after being suspended and dont want to fall down the same hole again.
Old 01-28-2008

Don't think anyone is going to be too anxious to let any of their secrets for making profits out of the bag. As for DVDs I've never gotten VERO'd for one, but did get a nasty message from the rights holder...BTW it was a legit copy, but that seems to be typical VERO holders report you even if the item is authentic just to wipe you out as competiton.