eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Registering as legit business after suspension - CHECK LIST (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/57536-registering-legit-business-after-suspension-check-list.html)

vogeltron 03-21-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsell (Post 432736)
but you did a fictious business name tho..not a corp - correct? otherwise it would have your corp name on it, no ?

That has to do with registering with the state. Some states you don't even need a fictitious name statement. My PayPal account has my company name then my name in parenthesis. But on the 1099k is has my name solely, nothing else about my business name. If you have a Corporation you might be able to register another way but I am pretty sure it is the same for everyone. A corporate account might be something you have to call eBay and PayPal to talk to someone directly about.

vogeltron 03-21-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsell (Post 432734)
Did you give exact same spelling and variation of your name or small veriation? if Thomas...Tommy etc? just curious

Yes, it was the same spelling. I did change the address to another city. Made sure everything else was different. That really was one thing that I could not avoid. It may have helped that there was about a 5 year gap from when my account got shut down until I made the new one a few years ago.

Gamefreak 03-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsell (Post 432735)
That's encouraging to hear, what did you as far as technical stuff, IP addrs, machines, routers??? anything I need to know?

I got new everything before I even attempted to re-register

GreenBean 03-22-2013 06:09 AM

There is still a potential for paypal to ask for a SSN even if the account has supplied EIN info.

You must bear that in mind.

I would consider looking at other options in making your business account... a partner maybe
:spy:

ebsell 03-22-2013 07:50 AM

New partner for the SS purpose you mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 433232)
There is still a potential for paypal to ask for a SSN even if the account has supplied EIN info.

You must bear that in mind.

I would consider looking at other options in making your business account... a partner maybe
:spy:

Futuremogul888 03-22-2013 09:20 AM

So far ebsell, it sounds like you are making the right call on everything. Get a corp ( or LLC), EIN, new information, etc.

Two things I want to add to help you out:

1) You never need to give paypal the owner's info. Once you register as a business and provide an EIN, they will only ask for the person in charge of the account (point of contact). How many successful business have the owner running such trivial stuff as the Paypal account.

2) If you are real serious about the business you should avoid a CA Corp. For taxation and privacy purposes they are among the worst. Consider a Nevada or Delaware Corp.

What GreenBean said is such a truism that it that it should never even be spoken. It is like saying that paypal and ebay could always limit any account for any reason. It is one of those things that is unlikely to happen but is always a possibility with stealth so it need not be worried about or made to be something you have to find a workaround for. What GreenBean is saying is you should consider wearing a bullet proof vest all day everyday because you know there is always a chance of a stray bullet hitting you in the chest.

ebsell 03-25-2013 08:54 AM

Thanks Mogul,
I'll update everyone how it'll go, though I'll register for paypal as business, I can't just put anyones name on the contact information, can I? To say that Joe Shmoe works for the company...then paypal may ask for Joe's contact information...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 433280)
So far ebsell, it sounds like you are making the right call on everything. Get a corp ( or LLC), EIN, new information, etc.

1) You never need to give paypal the owner's info. Once you register as a business and provide an EIN, they will only ask for the person in charge of the account (point of contact). How many successful business have the owner running such trivial stuff as the Paypal account.

2) If you are real serious about the business you should avoid a CA Corp. For taxation and privacy purposes they are among the worst. Consider a Nevada or Delaware Corp.

What GreenBean said is such a truism that it that it should never even be spoken. It is like saying that paypal and ebay could always limit any account for any reason. It is one of those things that is unlikely to happen but is always a possibility with stealth so it need not be worried about or made to be something you have to find a workaround for. What GreenBean is saying is you should consider wearing a bullet proof vest all day everyday because you know there is always a chance of a stray bullet hitting you in the chest.

Futuremogul888 03-25-2013 09:40 AM

Joe Shmoe's contact info will be the info you give Paypal as the business info. Your PO BOX address is his office, the phone number is his direct line, etc. It is the same thing as giving them your info, only you won't get linked. Don't think Paypal does not link business accounts to personal accounts.

vogeltron 03-25-2013 09:52 AM

From someone who has done this. If you use a name other than your own you are making a mistake. When you get your 1099k at the end of the year it will have Joe Schmo's name on it and that will have been filed with the IRS. Good luck explaining that one to them. EIN and all it doesn't matter.

ebsell 03-25-2013 10:18 AM

Yep, that might be a problem that nobody wants to have including me :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 434165)
From someone who has done this. If you use a name other than your own you are making a mistake. When you get your 1099k at the end of the year it will have Joe Schmo's name on it and that will have been filed with the IRS. Good luck explaining that one to them. EIN and all it doesn't matter.

ebsell 03-25-2013 10:19 AM

also, meant to ask, how Nevada corp with CA address/contact info will work out, simply don't know..maybe it wont matter but wonder if anyone done that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 433280)

Futuremogul888 03-25-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 434165)

As long as you are not a sole proprietor, the form should come with the business name and the EIN. If it is governed by the EIN and it has the personal info on it, that is a mistake on the part of Paypal, if you are not operating as a sole proprietor. That is saying that the EIN is the tax identification number for an individual rather then a business thereby making it a social security number. Imagine a non-shareholding CFO having to declare the revenues of a corporation against his personal taxation.

Even if Paypal is putting the personal info on the 1099-K, there is nothing to explain. As long as you report that income, you have committed no offense. You decided to maintain your privacy by not giving Paypal you personal info which is your right. This only becomes an offense when the purpose of doing so is to evade paying taxes. You never have to provide the 1099-K copy to the IRS if you do what most people do and E-file and if you are ever audited they will look at the numbers only and not the person's info on the 1099. What are they going to do: claim you payed someone else's taxes and and throw you in jail for tax over payment.

Most people here are not using business Paypal accounts and will be classified as a sole proprietor and receive the 1099-K with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on it. They will never have committed any offense as long as they pay their taxes on it. It is not a crime to give a non-government/non-financial institution ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info unless your intent is to defraud.

vogeltron 03-25-2013 07:56 PM

Mogul could be right. Maybe if you register the account as a Corporation it might come differently. The 1099k, everyone has to make a decision but I wouldn't want a tax document where a copy that goes to the IRS with a different name than mine. You might want to consider calling up PayPal anonymously asking them a few questions about registering a Corporate account on PayPal. Tell them you have an employee that is going to be the admin how that works with the 1099k at the end of the year and all that.

ebsell 04-07-2013 10:52 PM

Interim update:
-Got a UPS store address in another city
-IP address changed
-Got an EIN number from IRS
-Got fictious business name filed with count...
-Registered with email with new email/office addr/phone
-Got Google phone - now I wonder if that was a 'no, no'
-Registered with Paypal
-Provided Company name/my fictious business name
-Last remaining thing is to open a bank account tomorrow and link it on Paypal
-just FYI, for contact person I used my real name...that could defeat the whole purpose and might be stupid but like I said...I don't want to remain stealth for ever, I have serious plans for the business.

I'll update everyone, once I list my first thing.

Any suggestions so far? You guys have been so much help.

vogeltron 04-08-2013 02:56 AM

A prepaid phone might be a better option if you are going to all this trouble to get a legit account going again. Google Voice people use for stealth purposes all the time. Really is more what you feel comfortable with. For me doing all this I figured $10 for the phone and $20 every 3 or whatever months to keep the phone active is what it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsell (Post 438217)
Interim update:
-Got a UPS store address in another city
-IP address changed
-Got an EIN number from IRS
-Got fictious business name filed with count...
-Registered with email with new email/office addr/phone
-Got Google phone - now I wonder if that was a 'no, no'
-Registered with Paypal
-Provided Company name/my fictious business name
-Last remaining thing is to open a bank account tomorrow and link it on Paypal
-just FYI, for contact person I used my real name...that could defeat the whole purpose and might be stupid but like I said...I don't want to remain stealth for ever, I have serious plans for the business.

I'll update everyone, once I list my first thing.

Any suggestions so far? You guys have been so much help.

norma 04-08-2013 09:44 AM

something that is popping up on the radar screen.....

paypal is requiring a LLC's officer's SSN....rats!

Seems to be as of 1st of the year. EIN isn't enough anymore.

If anyone can verify?

ebsell 04-08-2013 10:08 AM

actually, that's true, now that think about it, I might even one of those phones...will have to add money to it and put it to good use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 438247)
A prepaid phone might be a better option if you are going to all this trouble to get a legit account going again. Google Voice people use for stealth purposes all the time. Really is more what you feel comfortable with. For me doing all this I figured $10 for the phone and $20 every 3 or whatever months to keep the phone active is what it is.

ebsell 05-11-2013 11:44 AM

just a quick update on my progress:
-I listed my first item (some old pc part) about 3 weeks ago, then listing got removed asking to call eBay.
-I called them, from my new trac phone, fellow asked what business does, etc..he did some kind of checking then released it, said good to go
-I relisted but did not sell again, besides the point.
-current limit is 10/500

-on paypal I added my new business checking and verified, all good.
-auctions finished now I need to ship
-since I did not have funds in paypal had to transfer from bank which might take 3-5 but paypal KEEPS PROMPTING to pay with credit card.

I do have a business check card, it has business' name and my name since I am signer on account.

Will paypal/ebay find out if they verify business check card, according to bank, they will only get business name

what do you say?

ebsell 05-11-2013 11:51 AM

my other question is, since my new registered address is in another city...when shipping...should I generate a label in paypal THEN travel to that city and mail it from there..or from the same city...it's about 17 miles away.

vwrestmania 05-12-2013 01:29 AM

you actually spoke with the office of the president? Can you elaborate on how that went down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsell (Post 429300)
My seller account was suspended few months ago, after rounds of appeals, BBB complaints, driving to eBay office in San Jose to talk to "office of the prez" - did not help, remains closed.
Since then I had created my own site with items listed, merchant account and shopping cart setup but now I am thinking about setting up a CORP or LLC in my state of California but wondering about few things, have this action plan:

Business Entity:
1. Incorporate in CA a legit business
2. I don't have a business address since doing it from home which is already on file with our friends at eBay and Paypal ;)
3. Use UPS store or PO BOX as business address???
4. Get a new phone number?
5. Establish real bank account under business name

Machines/IP/Routers:
1. Get a new machine, reset change IP address

Register w/eBay and Paypal
1. Use my new business name and PO BOX address, new phone?:
2. Problem is if I use the same name that my website where I am selling...will eBay somehow link the items I selling on my site to some thinkgs I had sold on eBay and lead to suspensions...? Nothing unique or expensive about items..
3. If asked about proof, what will I have to provide? Personal info or EIN and corp registeration paperwork???

I appreciate any suggestions and corrections...

Futuremogul888 05-12-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsell (Post 448394)
my other question is, since my new registered address is in another city...when shipping...should I generate a label in paypal THEN travel to that city and mail it from there..or from the same city...it's about 17 miles away.

No ship local. For all ebay knows the address on file is your office and the packages are being shipped from a distant warehouse. Either way Ebay/Paypal does not care.

ebsell 05-12-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwrestmania (Post 448557)
you actually spoke with the office of the president? Can you elaborate on how that went down?

It did not help at all, they just reviwed the same thing and came back and told me the same thing. But yes, there is an office of the president,