AOL and EBAY exchanging information??? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-05-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

hmm.. does airport work with PCs?

or is this exclusively for macs?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2007

Longevity: 96%

um then u arent hidden i use aol to sign up and it dosent fill in my aol add unless one of my hiding proggies isnt workin right
Old 09-06-2007

hey all, I was wondering something. I found an IP blocker site...thingy, that works through ebay. Would it be suspicious if I was logging into my accounts with different Ips? I mean, since the Ips are random would they suspect me if I happen to get an Ip from china or something?
Old 09-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko07 View Post
hey all, I was wondering something. I found an IP blocker site...thingy, that works through ebay. Would it be suspicious if I was logging into my accounts with different Ips? I mean, since the Ips are random would they suspect me if I happen to get an Ip from china or something?
I think that that will get your account looked at real quick and rightly so. There are so many phishers out there that I actually think it is prudent for EB to prevent someone with an IP from China accessing a US account. I have seen those programs too and once I opened it and them tried to open IE and my provider would not let me on under the foreign IP.
Old 09-06-2007

k thanks. I'll just stick with my regular accounts
Old 09-06-2007

Just checked out the sticky on changing your IP. There are some interesting bits of info there and I posted a question that if anyone knows the answer or a workaround would be really helpful.
Go over and check it out
Old 09-06-2007

with hide ip you can pick what ip you want tp use so if it picks china you can change it to ummm dallas like me when im in say connecticut
Old 09-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherebayhater View Post
with hide ip you can pick what ip you want tp use so if it picks china you can change it to ummm dallas like me when im in say connecticut
Can you save the settings so you don't have to do it with each signon?
Old 09-06-2007

yes i dont change the hide ip thingy i just sign off clear cookies and sign back on with same ip
Old 09-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherebayhater View Post
yes i dont change the hide ip thingy i just sign off clear cookies and sign back on with same ip
So are you saying that as long as you are cloaked via hide ip you sign on and off only clearing cookies in between?

Ever use this theory to shill bid?

BTW, I don't have a problem with shilling...as a buyer (myself) or someone bidding on one of my auctions, the item is worth what it is worth to you or not. If I am bidding on something that I think is worth $100, it's worth that, regardless of how the price gets to where it is at.

I might add that I never did it myself that much or got caught at it, usually had a friend enter a bid for me or me for them.
Old 09-06-2007

why dont u just start bidding at that or bin?
Old 09-06-2007

haha, then no one will bid on it. For some reason if you start something low, you'll get more bids on it, I wonder why . Like my old computer was an okay machine but it had become outdated. So I decided to sell it on ebay. First I started the bid at like $100. No one bid on it. Then relisting the same item but starting it at 99 cents I got it sold for $295. Don't ask me why, but starting low always works. Super low, but only if you know that your item has the potential to go higher and it is needed by customers. Of course it could've been just a lucky day for me :D .
Old 09-07-2007

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayaintstupid View Post

Is there a way to prevent EBAY from accessing my AOL information?\
You must realize that when eBay gets in bed with a company like AOL or Doubleclick ;or worse yet buys them outright like PayPal and Skype..information is freely exchanged. That is their trademark ...their monopoly on information control.
Old 09-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko07 View Post
haha, then no one will bid on it. For some reason if you start something low, you'll get more bids on it, I wonder why . Like my old computer was an okay machine but it had become outdated. So I decided to sell it on ebay. First I started the bid at like $100. No one bid on it. Then relisting the same item but starting it at 99 cents I got it sold for $295. Don't ask me why, but starting low always works. Super low, but only if you know that your item has the potential to go higher and it is needed by customers. Of course it could've been just a lucky day for me :D .
Absolutely! I can get ahold of some discountiued collectibles that I have sold for $75. I listed one a week ago at $50 because being new for some reason I couldn't do a reserve price or obviously a BIN. No one bit so I re-listed for $40 and so far no one has bitten, although since mine was listed others have sold for over $50. Go figure.

What I like to do with another item is to start it at $50 and set a reserve at $201 and then enter several bids during the auction up to $199. If it doesn't sell no prob, no final value fee. If it does sell it is at a price I feel comfortable with.

My shilling only drives up the auto bids and only up to the reserve so if they don't make that final bid over the reserve they don't have to buy because the reserve was not met so the aren't hurt. Besides...if you don't think it is worth $200, then don't bid $200...that simple.
If I started at $199 though I might not get any bites and will pay a much higher FVF

Another thing that bothers me since I mentioned reserve auctions is if a reserve is set at say $50 on an item that I feel is worth $75 to me and bidding starts at say $10, I can put a $60 bid it and if no one else bids it up past the initial $10 bid it won't sell.

Maybe I am doing something wrong as a bidder, but that has always PO'd me that they won't let me pay the full amount that I am willing to.
Old 10-04-2007

My experience has been that when a piece doesn't sell, and I list it at a lower price, people get passionate about the piece after they bid and someone outbids them. That's when the fun begins as you watch them try to out bid one another, then another person comes in at the very end and snipes the item away from the ones who had been fighting it out.
Old 10-09-2007

Longevity: 98%

Just opened up an aol account and will set-up my new ebay account with them; however, I notice that when I go to my network on my mac it still has the same IP address; is there another seperate one for aol that I can check ??
Old 10-09-2007

That doesn't say too much as I'm still getting the same IP address in my network configuration... am I not seeing something else? Is there another place I should be looking for the new AOL IP address?
Old 10-09-2007

don't have much time to be searching through old threads which is why I posted here, if someone could just explain in a few words that would be great. Thanks.