EBAY and PAYPAL are linking, LINKED - no matter what - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-15-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Smile paypal does coordinate with ebay

I would like to give an example of paypal and ebay coordinating their security.
Around 7 months ago, my paypal account was limited. Shortly thereafter my ebay account was restricted. When I communicated with ebay they inquired as to why my paypal account was limited. They then proceeded to describe to me the steps to remove the ebay restrictions for my account.

The simple fact that the rep was aware that my paypal account was limited was enough for me.

It seems that if your paypal is limited and not resolved there is a risk this will prompt ebay to restrict your ebay seller account as well. They are knowledgeable about your paypal status.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Jack, try GoDaddy.com $5 a month hosting service, $10 a year for a domain. Easy stuff!

You can even use FrontPage to create and upload your website. I use Dreamweiver and cuteFTP to handle my sites.

Buy a shopping cart, Google 'shopping cart' and setup your items. The hard part is creating the traffic. It requires work.

But once you have something going, and you continue to work on it, you'll depend less and less on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
sue (if I may call you that) - Has geocities' offerings improved much?

They used to be considered the "poor man's" website (not just because they're cheap but because the content was often poor too. Poor colors, bad html, constant broken links, page being down, etc.) Many times I've seen them saddled with pop-ups, advertisement runners, strange formatting too -- just not a very professional look. Of course some of that could very well have been the limitations of the creator of the website than the host.

Have you noticed these things I'm speaking of and are they easily remedied with a little knowledge of how to properly do a website? Are all the tools provided, it's just that many don't know how to properly use them?
Old 08-17-2007

Longevity: 99%

Thanks for the tip Aspkin

Still curious if geocities has improved though.
Old 09-01-2007

Default ebay and paypal linked for sure now

2 times this month alone and never before my paypal account has been limited and ebay shut off with NO NOTICE. They will not even send a notice to inform me of my suspension after emailing everyone of them. They informed me to email ebay@paypal.com sounds weird right? I call paypal from a prepaid the one on my account and they tell me the 2 are seperate and paypal does not shut off ebay accounts. My paypal/ebay accounts were shut down within 5 minutes of each other and this happened on 2 seperate occasions just this month (completely seperate accounts). Something is going on and we need to get on top of it as a community.
Old 09-02-2007

Me too Modee. My Paypal account that has the same email as my Ebay account was shut down but they are NOT linked. After Paypal limited me for custom invoicing someone my Ebay account went down too. This was a week ago.
Old 09-05-2007

same thing happened to me. Ebay has gone down the tubbbbess
Old 09-05-2007

When they suspended me from ebay it took all but a day they limited my PP account.
Old 09-10-2007

I have been suspended from Ebay but my Paypal account is intact...until when?
Old 09-10-2007

I have been using the same PP account for about 4 or 5 suspended accys over the years (knock on wood). Years ago I might have even non changed the offending emails. Who knows, that was before I found this place.
I would have to concur with Modee. Unless you got suspended by EB for fraud or something I don't think they will go after your PP
Old 09-10-2007
jm3262

Longevity: 0%
Default Paypal Shutdown

Hi- No, not thousands, one of a kind, 1-4/month. but that aside, you still have to deal with the keyword spamming problem, etc etc. Just a boat load of garbage.. I am looking for a shop to rent now. paid ebay over $4500 month in fees. If I had the Capital, I would start an online auction site. Figure we need $30 mill, 10 m for servers, 10m for security/staff. 10m, advert/setup. anyone in?
Old 09-10-2007

They will bust you for encouraging infringement. Had a listing removed because of this and then you do another search and there are 50 more boxes, some boasting blank warranty cards, tags, etc...
But me selling one box was encouraging someone to buy it and put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in it?
Old 09-15-2007

Default PAYPAL Defo work with EBay and cross check

Hi,

just had yet another ebay account suspended, I did everything except change the paypal account (set up new email though), new ip, new address, new details, slow build, no dodgy items and bang suspended as linked to an old account. They could only do that via my paypal so it is official paypal and ebay do cross reference, so even if you don't get limited on paypal, which i haven't been, they still use this to stop you setting up accounts on ebay, crazy i know but by setting up a new ebay account after a suspension you break ebay rules not paypal ones. they just using paypal as means to an end to stop you on ebay

thanks
Old 09-19-2007

long story short I PMed modee on it, but ebay and paypal are now officiall linked they can check your address, bank routing, bank number, etc...to link you to an old ebay name. chaning emails does not work anymore...a new computer system setup to do this awhile back. the only limitiation is right now ebay can not take ebay fees from your paypal account instantly if its not linked. It has to do with legal issues right now, but they (ebay) are trying to change this where money can be taken freely from paypal to ebay instantly no questions asked. other than that i will write more later......its goign to be hell getting back on ebay now due to creating new paypal (if possible since socail is now needed among other things than a blood sample) and creating a new ebay.
Old 09-19-2007

Good Lord, if that's the case, isn't it just a matter of time before many of our Paypal accounts are suspended? So removing and adding emails is no longer usable? Is this just for newer accounts created? Is there a grandfather program? Please PM me.
Old 09-19-2007

I've wondered this too. For my part, I've just referenced the auction number in the notes. I don't know if that's better or not, but it would seem that way.
Old 09-19-2007

I've also left the subject blank for my payments in the past when buying little stuff. I'm a little concerned though that might look dodgy for more expensive items. Or is that a common occurrence?
Old 09-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I wonder if EBAY can still get your PP info if you officially do NOT take PayPal but a few customers pay you directly for auctions and reference the EBAY auction in their payment?
I just talked to him briefly from my sleep, but he told me if people report you the computer nerd will ban you. My new account I just sent up last 4 weeks someone reported me saying my ebay address does not match my paypal address...long story they linked my paypal home address and name to my old rapunzel_01. My paypal is nown frozen with 57 dollars in it :D lucky I withdrew already 600 bucks and they froze this about 1 hour after they banned my new ebay account. So modee if people dont report you then your ok doing what your doing, but if some ass--- does not like shipping charges they will investigate why you put down lets say FLORIda as your home and you live in CA..... they route the info back to your paypal and look deeper into. even though paypal and ebay are two different companies they now share info back and forth again though is that ebay cant take money right away from paypal im repeating myself but im just saying when they find a legal loophole to do it ebay will do it be careful leaving money in paypal and ebay accepting payments ebay will take it.
Old 09-19-2007

In order to list an item isn't it mandatory that you take PP or have some form of merchant account? I'll never get a merchant account with my credit and right now I don't do enough business to justify the expense.
Will Bidpay suffice for this requirement?
Old 09-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
In order to list an item isn't it mandatory that you take PP or have some form of merchant account? I'll never get a merchant account with my credit and right now I don't do enough business to justify the expense.
Will Bidpay suffice for this requirement?
no somone people have a merchant account setup, but take paypal its very weird how they have it setup. you register with their merhcant and take payments from paypal....
Old 09-19-2007

How do you do this and what would be the point of getting the MA? I though a big reason that people have a MA is to avvoid the bs that PP puts you through.
Old 09-19-2007

On a somewhat related note...has anyone done the math (and had the experience with them to support it) on whether Google CO is going to be worthwhile after the promotion is over?
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Google checkout seems sweet. I think I might dump my merchant account and add Google Checkout to my website