EBAY and PAYPAL are linking, LINKED - no matter what - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-20-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

What makes you think that?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-20-2007

Right here, and I've seen no supporting evidence of your last claim.
Old 09-22-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I haven't been following this thread much... but it does concern me that eBay and Paypal have finally linked. Is that the case now? So people with current eBay accounts USING Paypal to accept payments... a Paypal account that you've USED before with other eBay accounts NOW suspended... will LINK your eBay account to a passed eBay account and suspended everything now?

Is this happening now? If that's the case, the guide needs to change to reflect this. But like the gift card scare, I'm not changing anything until it's a cold hard fact.

Lets here it.

Is there anyone here, thats still using your old Paypal account with a new eBay account and having no problems?
Old 09-23-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I received payments on a paypal account that had a different credit card and email address from my ebay account. It was not added to my ebay account. I did not use ebay checkout, either. I thought I was safe and things were unlinked. I just told people to "send your paypal payment to such and such email address.

Of course the PP account was limited and subsequently my ebay account limited.

I BELIEVE the linking was because my buyers, when in paypal, chose the payment method of "pay for an ebay auction" which required entry of the ebay auction number, which then brings up all the ebay info.

When I received simply cash transfers, or transfers for services that paypal account was still killed, but the ebay account for which it was taking payment was not.

Seriously, it is over with using paypal if you are starting a brand-new account. It seems like they will ultimately limit every account as soon as it receives it's first payment.

I couldn't find this theory discussed anywhere, so I just thought I would throw it out here.
Old 09-23-2007

Is Amazon's payment service portable? If it is, there's another option. I haven't looked much into it, but I've heard that their payment processor is superior to Paypal. Of course, so are a lot of things, but there you are...
Old 09-28-2007
Executive [VIP]

I was linked when I just entered a brand new paypal payment email addy in the paypal accepted field on eBay. I never linked the two or used that email in the past and I was suspended in an hour after listing the first 10 items!
Old 09-29-2007

Default Ebay and Paypal are definately linked now

It funny and sad at the same time. I've had more accounts closed at Ebay than there are grains of sand on the beach. Ebay is now asking everyone for an identity check using a credit card. And as you link you Ebay Account too your Paypal Account...wammo...you get suspended. This is nuts. The security department at Ebay is cracking down and I heard they have a new computer there calling all the shots. A million dollar job that will link key words to your previously suspended accounts and frag you before you can say "Hello Dolly".
Everyone here has been suspended at least once and tries to get back on. It was probably a simple offense (but one Ebay they forgot and never will).
Ebay is now pushing small time offenders off their site and guess what...the Big Time offenders will take our place. Plain and Simple. Ebay is a 55 billion dollar a year company. But now its becoming a PowerSeller site (sort of like a glorified but Huge Department Store). Your going too see the small sellers disappear over the next 2 years. Guaranteed. The tighter the restrictions, the less likely people will join Ebay. Ebay started off as a great company where everyone could make some money. Mistakes were made but forgiven and life moved on. Now they are just a Corporate Head that has not ears, eyes or mouth. I see some major lawsuits headed Ebay and Paypal way and not by the little guy (incidentally..it was the little guy that started Ebay...they forget that)
Old 09-29-2007
Executive [VIP]

I'm going to slide into their bums until I'm a PowerSeller :D
Old 09-29-2007

Hmm, interesting turn of events...

It would appear that not only Paypal and Ebay are linked, but that Paypal and the banks are now linking too...received a notice that a payment which was sent was cancelled by my bank due to unmatching information between Paypal and the bank. Could this be a result of the instant verification process for which Paypal CLAIMS information is not retained? Not sure, but it sure looks like the days of opening new Paypal accounts with different information than your bank account are dwindling.

Anyone else encounter this issue recently? How were you able to work around it if at all?
Old 09-29-2007

Woo Hoo! Big one thousandth post! Who's got the champagne!
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Who got the "Get a Life" and stop asking the same question 20 times times
Old 09-29-2007

Who's the bitterest squirrel in the nuthouse? Chris!

Heard ya the first time stutter-boy
Old 09-29-2007

Perhaps, but I post with a point meant to help both myself and others. Chris just helps himself. And you're obviously not looking around much Count. I've had quite a few shortened posts lately. I just don't subscribe to the "me-spek-Engrish-gud" ADD speak that is becoming way too commonplace.
Old 09-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

You guys bickering in here too! lol

Jack likes to ask a lot of questions which seem the same, but have different variations to them.

Chris is just blunt, but probably posts more then anyone on this forum. CPU

Modee is Modee.
Old 09-29-2007

I'm really just afraid of the two word filter.
Old 09-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
Hey Modee,

I mentioned this in one of the other threads, paypal and Ebay are now talking to one another! This is apparent when you do not have your accounts linked but you try to list an item and use the "require immediate payment"... It seems ebay reaches out to PP and sees if your account is a premier or a business account which is required to take that immediate payment. If not then you can not list it that way and ebay tells you what type of account you have.

Also, FYI People ....
Ebay is now checking phone numbers! I heard from a friend of a friend who works in trust and safety that ebays new system check dials the phone numbers listed and those returned as disconnected or not a number ebay is going to end auctions and ask you to verify your number.
The way to verify the number is thru a "pin" number that they will give you when you allow them to call the number. Now if you have a voicemail service this is ok as they will leave the "pin" number and then you can enter it later.
It seems this is all computerized, meaning no human contact, just random computer calls and computer voices for "pin" numbers.

Also, I was told that Ebay has plans for the following:
1) Requiring all new members to register with a credit card.
2) Requiring Selling accounts to have a bank account on file as well, sort of like how PP checks to verify you.
3) All new accounts will not be able to list an item for sale for 30 days. (I guess this is their way of preventing you from reregistering when your account is kicked and start selling again)
And the biggest one of all... Are you ready.....You are gonna love it!!!!!
4) Requiring all selling accounts to provide a SS# or Business Tax ID #

Get ready for some heavy times in the future.... My advice to everyone here is if you think 1 back up account is good enough.. well you are wrong. As with other things they have done in the past maybe you can get grandfathered in with the accounts, but I think eventually that will end as well.

That is rediculous, i mean yea it is easy to get back on ebay and paypal is already a pain so for ebay and paypal to be as equally annoying gives me a headache.

All in favor of Google Auctions?
Old 10-01-2007

To no one in particular - Does anyone know if the paypal instant bank verify process causes your name to be linked? Thus preventing yourself from having different information. A bank funded payment was deferred recently with the error being something to the effect of "user information doesn't match"

If that's not what is causing the error, then I'd say it's official that Paypal is checking all bank information now.
Old 10-09-2007

I dont know but i recently tried adding my bank account to paypal and i used completely different information (Name and address) just too see if it would work and it was confirmed with no problem. The deposit i think is only to confirm that you have access to the bank account and the whole $30 fee they say they will charge if if you dont use correct info is a bluff i suppose.
Old 10-09-2007

I'm not a fan of the long wait, but it may be the way to go to avoid problems (speaking of regular verify vs instant)
Old 12-03-2007

Longevity: 98%
Default Clear Cookies..

I clear my cookies everytime I go to a new page for Ebay and now paypal..

Try CC Cleaner it is great.

I only use Dial up for Ebay and log in new when I go to a different account

EB100
Old 12-04-2007

Longevity: 95%
Default Ebay slams me

well there went my Seller Account. Now its time to play IP address games with Paypal and Ebay. Whoever it was on these Forums that said to set up 31 Seller accounts sure was right about that one. Damn this bites.
right before the Holidays. none the less.
Old 12-06-2007

Longevity: 95%

Hi guys,

modee dont send your info to ebay . I underwent the same procedure a couple of days back and my wounds are still fresh.they have suspended me again and unfortunately i did comply with them and they have copies of my original id , social security no , freekin telephone bill etc . I was suspended almost months ago . my new account workd for 2 months untill i got really greedy and posted 40 odd auctions for lcds and cell phones ..that probably screwed me . any suggestions on what i can do now :(