Auctiva - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 01-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

HI, IMjust me..
Well, for that you can just go in and change one of your saved profiles.. to the new pp address, and use for all FUTURE listings..
--as for the other-- folks are using the Autorize.net gateway, which will automatically generate an end of auction invoice..

Old 01-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

That's interesting. So theoretically you could get an eBay account set-up for merchant account use and then send the buyers to PayPal? To avoid having to link the eBay account to the PayPal account.

Unfortunately I'm outside the US, so authorize.net doesn't work for me.

Thanks a lot for the good explanation
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

No, you would still have to link
Old 02-01-2008

Default Auctiva Site down-- Fri 2/1-- DONT Panic....

Hi Guys:
Went to post some auctions today.. got worried,as IE and Mozilla kept saying cannot find site,,
--- IF YOU GOOGLE auctiva Message boards, you will see, they are working on it...
Hi Community,

We have recently begun receiving reports that the Auctiva website is slow to respond and exhibiting request timeouts in certain cases. Our technical team is currently investigating this issue and we hope to have the site running at its usual speed within the next 20-30 minutes.

I will post further updates on this thread as additional information becomes available. Thank you for understanding.
Old 02-02-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default Auctiva questions

Lets say i generate an ebay token on auctiva on a secure IP not blacklisted by ebay and everything goes smooth. Then, i want to use auctiva to post an auction from an IP that is blacklisted by Ebay from a banned IP (dont ask why). Will the ebay account be compromised?

As i understand it, auctiva doesn't accept paypal unless its linked with another merchant. What are the pros and cons of linking it with CCNOW vs authorize.net?

Is ebay more suspicous towards people with new accounts who use auctiva?

Can i place BIN items on ebay with auctiva if i dont have the required feedback?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrooman View Post
Lets say i generate an ebay token on auctiva on a secure IP not blacklisted by ebay and everything goes smooth. Then, i want to use auctiva to post an auction from an IP that is blacklisted by Ebay from a banned IP (dont ask why). Will the ebay account be compromised?

As i understand it, auctiva doesn't accept paypal unless its linked with another merchant. What are the pros and cons of linking it with CCNOW vs authorize.net?

Is ebay more suspicous towards people with new accounts who use auctiva?

Can i place BIN items on ebay with auctiva if i dont have the required feedback?

Thanks
1. Auctiva does not share ip info with ebay.
2. I use authorize.net with auctiva
3. Maybe, but don't make your first couple of listings look too good, or put in your listing that yes you are new to the ebay world, but not new to selling online, you have been selling online for x years, blah blah.
4. Auctiva requires the feedback to be there at 5 with paypal or 10 without to use BIN.

Also as something that I found for me, I only use firefox on auctiva instead of IE because it is not nearly as buggy. With IE about 50% of my listings would get a bug and not post, and with firefox almost all post.
Old 03-03-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Auctiva question.

When I am making listing by auctiva can I chanege item location for example for another country or I will be susspended the same day?
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

You can do that, you won't be suspended.
Old 03-13-2008

Default O.k. I have 1 question. (or more like 10)

I used my laptop for ebay before. Because I am not good with the computer thing. I bought my son a refurbished laptop and I am going to use his now w/dial up. I use cookie cleaner and stuff but I just don't feel safe using my computer.
SOOOO. Now can I used the photo shop on my computer do the auctiva listing on my computer. Save it. Then plug my son's in to dial up and load the listing on to ebay from him computer? Dial up is so slow. His computer is slow to begin with plus he doesn't have photo shop.
But when I upload my pic's to auctiva they have "siashay's" desktop on them? How do I get that to go away? Or does it once the pictures are on auctiva?

I am sorry I know this was more then 1 question.
Old 03-22-2008

Sorry if this has been covered but I searched this thread and I'm still not sure as to what to correct answer is. I have never used Auctiva and I am going to this time on my new account for my listings. I already created the token a while back while using dial-up. So if I'm correct, I can use my regular internet to create the listing on Auctiva and then they will post it to eBay correct? And as far as images go, is it safe to let them host them (meaning Auctiva) or should I still use an outside source like I always have??
Old 03-22-2008

Forgot one more question: when creating the profile on auctiva for your listings, using you regular IP is fine right?
Old 11-13-2012

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
i never used auctiva before, how does it work? Is it like a turbolister, where you download a client to create and upload your auctions? Or is it something you do from auctiva's website?
epic post!
Old 02-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

hi everyone
ive just got this message of auctiva customer support

i asked if i was to create a new account on ebay can my old auctiva account be linked back too my old ebay account when i generate a new token.
answer is as follows
Unfortunately, I am unable to say what information may be available to eBay via the token, so regardless of the information you may (or may not) wish to change - it may be possible for eBay to tell that the account was originally associated with another account because of the previously existing token. There is some background data for accounts that never changes. I cannot offer you any more specific advice on this - if you wish to change your username I can do that for you. If you wish to start another account instead, you can.

Please keep in mind that neither data nor images can be transferred between Auctiva accounts.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or encounter any further difficulty.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support

so frm the sounds of it YES EBAY CAN LINK YOUR OLD AUCTIVA TO YOUR NEW EBAY ACCOUNT JUST BY LOOKING AT THE PREVIOUS HISTORY TOKENS HISTORY
Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
I am a suspended user and I would like to know if re-using the same Auctiva account that sent my previous auctions will trigger another suspension. I was suspended for being "linked" to another ID. I am worried that the URL's of old images I have there are now being tracked..is this true? Or should I open a new auctiva a/c?? I will follow the guidelines laid out in this forum to get back up and running but I have alot of auctions and pictures stored on auctiva and I want to simplify the process. I already plan to change up the wording in the listing.....
ive just found ut they track you through the creating token history
Old 02-20-2013

update to auctiva linking your account
yes they do it through th token history
message from and too auctiva as follows
HI
again
do the old tokens get deleted then or are they kept on ebays files

Posted Wednesday, 2/20/2013 6:01 PM
Hello,

There is a token associated with your account via your eBay account.

While you can remove the permissions that a token grants in your eBay account, that does not remove the association within our database.

I cannot say what is kept or not on the eBay side as we are unrelated.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or encounter any further difficulty.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
Old 02-21-2013

Longevity: 66%

Cant believe this would be an issue as there are 1000s of auctiva accounts -if it were then we would hear of a linking problem. Or is everybody using a new auctiva acct for every new ebay account? Seems too much of a pain if that is the case.

Last edited by zoneout; 02-21-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-21-2013

i think it must be if they get a suspition that its a dodgy account then they investigate.
so if they can see your token history then it looks like thats all it takes.

good news though auctiva said that you can use a free tools feature to create your listings on a new account.

if im wrong and i hope i am.
has anybody used there old auctiva account for years without getting linked or have they created a new account for each ebay account
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Auctiva

This is not new news. The proper way to setup auctiva is to still log ips for the first time you setup auctiva and it asks you to sign into ebay. Once setup, only when you access ebay directly do u need to pay attention to ip