READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 09-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

hmm...i've been workin with the IP switches for a while now and its been fine. Ive recorded the certain ips/masks/etc for each corresponding account and everytime id log into one acount id switch it to the corresponding IP with the ways provided by MrJosh. But i dont know why tonight, when i try to go back to a certain ip/mask/gateway/etc it doesn't work. cmd>ipconfig does show the IP i need, but when i try to go on the net page cannot load. Any idea why this is happening or how i could fix it? its so random...

edit//

i just realised the first IP for my first acc doesnt work but my 2nd IP for my 2nd account works fine. in other words i can switch it to my 2nd IPs information through use own IP in the properties but i cant use the 1st one. Do these IPs expire or something? and wether they do or dont, can i just get a new IP and use that everytime i use my 1st acc, replacing the one that doesnt connect anymore? I just tried switching from a new IP to my 2nd acc's IP and back and it worked fine. If i assign this new IP to my 1st ebay acc, will ebay care if my IP switched as long as its not used in my 2nd account? God, much sleep lost over this problem. No idea why it suddenly stopped working i was doing good...

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-14-2008 at 01:18 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2008

hmm that above sounds a little confusing. I'll rephrase myself.

I had:
ebay acc 1 (EB1) and IP info which i started this ebay acc with (IP1)

then had
another ebay acc (EB2) and info corresponding to that or aka (IP2)

everytime i wanted to log into one ebay acc or the other, id switch back to the corresponding IP so that i was sure not to use the same IP for both accounts.
Now IP1 has decided not to work for me when i switch to it, so i've gotten a third new ip (IP3) jus to test out. I tried switching back and forth from IP2 to IP3 and back to IP2 and it works fine. Since IP1 doesnt work should i assign IP3 to EB1 and just switch to IP3 everytime i want to log into EB1? I'll leave EB2 and IP2 the same since theyr fine. If no one has any idea why IP1 suddently stopped working/cant be switched to, would this be a logical solution?
Old 09-14-2008

Longevity: 91%

IP addresses do expire. You cannot be guaranteed of obtaining that same IP address.

Quote:
DHCP provides three modes for allocating IP addresses. The best-known mode is dynamic, in which the client is provided a "lease" on an IP address for a period of time. Depending on the stability of the network, this could range from hours (a wireless network at an airport) to months (for desktops in a wired lab). At any time before the lease expires, the DHCP client can request renewal of the lease on the current IP address. A properly-functioning client will use the renewal mechanism to maintain the same IP address throughout its connection to a single network, otherwise it may risk losing its lease while still connected, thus disrupting network connectivity while it renegotiates with the server for its original or a new IP address.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also read: IP address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's been recommended that you keep track of which IPs each account has used.
eBay/PayPal have other ways of identifying that you are the owner of the account. They use cookies and flash cookies. If you use separate Windows user accounts for each eBay/PP account, you can keep the flash cookies in that Windows user account and they will not cross-contaminate other Windows user accounts.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-14-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-14-2008

Thanks a lot. Yeah im keeping track of the ones im using for each since they expire. As for the cookies and flash cookies...i delete cookies evertyime i log out of an account via ctrl+shift+del. Is simply deleting cookies enough to keep cookies from cross contaminating or do i have to go through further steps?

wow. I just found that my IP2 has expired also. Checking the info i had saved it was only activated for 24 hours. I tried waiting an hour after getting the new IP and then when i redid ipconfig/all the lease has changed for until thursday. so at least i got 4 days under it. Wish there was a way to keep renewing the same IP so i wouldnt have to keep changing them when they expired.

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-14-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2008

There are cookies and then there are the new flash cookies. Regular cookies are easy to delete, flash cookies are a little more stubborn.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...html#post54566
Old 11-04-2008

Longevity: 89%

Hi Everyone Anyone Got How to Change IP Address When Using a Wireless Router with Cable Internet I Cant find a link for it if someone could help I Would Appreciate it.
Old 11-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

I have tried this thing probably 30 times or more and it simply wont allow me to use the internet. it also never changes from my IP. No matter what I do it simply shows 68.103.145.168 EVERY time. When I try the # listed on the instructions it will only show IP and subnet mask when in the CMD. on the bottom of the list there is shows

Lease Obtained....................... Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:32:52
Lease Expires.......................... Friday, November 07, 2008 7:32:52 PM

What do I do? this is the one holdup I am having with the AuctionStealth book. I am ready do go full bore but this is holding me up. Would simply changing from my Cable ISP to DSL fix this whole mess?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right..

I will be using multiple windows user accounts, 1 for each ebay account. The time when I want to change my IP address each time is IMMEDIATELY AFTER I switch to a different windows account but BEFORE I log in to my ebay account.
Correct?
Old 06-07-2009

Longevity: 88%

How is this done with a Macintosh ?
Old 07-27-2009

Longevity: 85%
Default Elevation Required?? Please Help

I've tried over and over again the different methods to change my Ip. And keep getting the message "Elevation Required" When I type in "ipconfig/release" in CMND. :( I've tried some of the other methods too with no luck. I have Comcast Cable internet, and no router, just directly connected to the modem from my Toshiba lap top. Any help would be SO GREAT!!
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Are you putting a space in the command?

ipconfig /release

Also, are you connecting wireless from the laptop, or connected via ethernet wire?
Old 07-27-2009

I'm connecting through ethernet wire directly to the laptop, I didn't put a space in it.... is this what I'm doing wrong?
Old 07-27-2009

:( Tried it with a space, still the same message: The requested operation requires elevation
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Probably yes. ipconfig/release is one unit and ipconfig /release is a command with instructions. Different thing. For example Christopher is one thing while Chri Stop Her! is another.
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Give me a sec to review the thread. See what I can do for you.
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Ok.

Questions:
What is your operating system and version. Don't just tell me windows. What flavor?
Did you actually change the MAC on the ethernet adapter in the laptop yet?
Old 07-27-2009

I'm running windows vista basic home edition. How would I change the MAC on the ethernet adapter? Lol, not a clue what that is. I followed the instructions given by MR JOSH in the first post in this thread... but really, that's about as much as I know about any of the Ip changing stuff...
Old 07-28-2009
Vicvelcro

That method doesn't work for me. It only changes my local IP. It didn't change my external IP (the one that ebay and everyone else sees). External IP stays the same for me.

Probably won't work for you or anyone else, either. If not, there's a better way anyhow.

But... You can try this. But be sure that the external address has changed before you just go waltzing into ebay or anywhere else.

0) IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! and write that number down.
1) Go to the start menu, click on run and type CMD
SKIP THIS it's unnecessary 2) Type in IPCONFIG
this is your internal address and useless to you 3) That is the current IP address (assuming you dont have a routed hooked up)
skip this because it don't matter 4) Now you are going to type IPCONFIG/RELEASE
5) Go to Start menu, My Network Places, Click on Network Connections in the left menu, Right click on your internet connection (It may be Local Area Connection, something to that affect)...anyways, right click and disable (same as IPCONFIG/RELEASE) then right click and select properties
6) Now select Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and select properties
7) Choose Use the following IP address and type in the following:
IP ADDRESS: 192.168.11.100
Then just click on the Subnet Mask and it will fill it in
8) Next Click OK to close that window and then OK on the other window
9) It will take a couple seconds and then once you are able to, click back on properties for the Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and select Obtain An IP Address Automatically
9a) Click OK and OK. Then right click the adapter and enable it
skip this 10) Click OK and OK to close those windows and now go back to the CMD prompt and type in ipconfig/all
skip this 11) As you will see, the IP has changed!!!
9b) IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! and see if the number is different
12) Now this is the COOL part, you can copy that information (you will need IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and the DNS Servers) and mark it down for one of your eBay accounts.....When you want to go back to that IP, you just go back to the properties section of the Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and type in all of that information that you wrote down...BOOM....you are at that IP again (dont believe me, then go to Find My IP Address - Lookup)
13)You can easliy switch between IPs this way and you dont even have to unplug the modem!!!!
Old 07-28-2009
Vicvelcro

Actually, for Windows Fistya, it would go more like this:

0. IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! to see what you current EXTERNAL IP is
1. Click Start
2. Click All Programs expand the Accessories menu
3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
4. Type ipconfig /release and hit enter
5. Click Start, Control Panel, and open Network and Sharing Center. Depending on your view, you may have to click Network and Internet before you see the Network and Sharing Center icon
6. From the Tasks menu on the left, choose Manage Network Connections
7. Find and Right click on the active Local Area Connection and choose Properties (If you’re hit with a UAC prompt, choose Continue)
8. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
9. Click on Use the following IP address
10. Enter a false IP like 123.123.123.123
11. Press Tab and the Subnet Mask section will populate with default numbers
12. Hit OK twice
13. Right click the active Local Area Connection again and choose Properties
14. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
15. Choose Obtain an IP address automatically
16. Hit OK twice
16a. back to the command prompt - ipconfig /renew
16b. exit command prompt
17. IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! to see if you have a new EXTERNAL IP address

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-28-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2009

Followed your instructions vic and it didn't change the IP for me. And using windows vista home addition. Cable modem with linksys BEFW11S4 router.
Old 07-29-2009
Vicvelcro

Actually, as stated above, those weren't my instructions and I noted that they were pretty much DUD anyhow. Only changes LAN IP for me and just about everyone else, not the WAN IP. Post 84, third actual line of text. See? NO GO. The instructions were from Post 1 quite a while ago and not likely valid.

For YOU:

probably http://192.168.1.1
username: admin
password: admin (or blank or password - unless YOU changed it)

Go to the upper bar and look for the MAC option. May have to click Advanced or Setup to get the next bar. Maybe not. Different hardware revisions and firmware updates affect how the screen looks. So find MAC and change something in there. Then save the settings. Don't reboot the router. Reboot the cable modem. Voila!

BTW that is a very old router. I bought mine back in I think 2001. Maybe before that even. Ugly beast but I don't have the heart to take it out back and shoot it. (quick tip for you - the WAN port is maxxed out at a very low speed. if you have higher than 5MB internet, plug into a LAN socket, not WAN - if you do, you need new IP instructions. PM me.)

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-29-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Hi- Even though this was posted in January of 2008, if applied correctly, will it still work? Thanks!