Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE? - Page 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

I feel sorry for the people that want to make more then one Ebay account. Seems like SO much to worry about! But I understand its necessary for many of you high end sellers.

I would be willing to bet most of the people visiting this forum just want one good account like they had before to sell their supplemented income items.

To get going again on one account seems pretty straight forward.....

1. Format and Restore your computer with the factory software.
2. Change your IP address
3. New Email through GMAIL
4. New PO BOX
5. New Checking Account
6. New Ebay Account with a variation of your name
7. New PayPal Account with same variation or your name as above
8. NEVER EVER SIGN IN TO YOUR OLD ACCOUNTS

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-01-2008 at 08:35 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2008

Activity: 0%

When i got suspended from ebay their website attempted to scan my clipboard , im not sure what else it got rom my pc.
i am not sure why they bother...i had a warning message in explorer that the site was seeking permission to see my clipboard. i denied access. so we do have some security. I think it would be a wise precaution for anyone here who is seeking to open a new ebay account perfectly lawfuly. after being suspended usualy in a manner that leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. Lets face the truth and say that they do treat there customers in an inhuman manner. so what respect do they deserve in return. NON.
I would definatly restore my PC . Or reformat . before attempting to open a new account. if only to be sure all trace of activity known or unknown is removed.
Old 08-04-2008

Default my mistake. will it hurt my new paypal account?

I made a mistake.

Using outlook express receiving email from my new paypal acount.(I did not configure outlook to safe stardard)

in the mean time, logged in to my old limited accounts. (I have never logged into my new pp account using this computer)

So my question is: will the cookie in email find what I did on firefox? Or will the cookie in my firefox find that I have new paypa account by reading my email

Thank you so much
Old 08-04-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

If I send messages through eBay to buyers telling them to pay via my Ccnow account can eBay use those against me? Can they get a hold of those messages?
Old 08-04-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I doubt you'll have any problems, let us know how it goes though.
Old 08-04-2008

Thank you, Aspkin.

Your post made me feel better.

It has been a horrible month. More than a dozen accounts, half of them PowerSellers, got killed for a few unfair feedback in one account(the buyers got items and refunds too). Before finding this forum, my new accounts were captured one by one which made me desperate and helpless.

I should have bought this ebook much earlier. I wanted to save that money by only viewing the forum. It turned out that I lost much more than that. I wasted a lot money on wrong credit cards , wrong virtual phone company. and needless to say, time

Hope things could get better.
Old 08-31-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default entering my Email after being suspended by Ebay

hi,

I was suspended from Ebay (buyer) and I want to open a new account after opening a new Email account, new credit card, new paypal account and changing my IP.

my question is: can I login my previous Gmail account (which I used for registering my old suspended Ebay account) after I open a new Ebay account?
can Ebay "see" my cookies indicating I logged into my previous Gmail account, and make the connection?

thanks
Old 08-31-2008

Nope. Fleebay can't read other cookies on your system.

Quote:
The cookie specifications constrain cookies to be sent back only to the servers in the same domain as the server from which they originate.
Wikipedia: HTTP cookie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 08-31-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2008

Longevity: 93%

Gmail is the ideal stealth email account, as not only is it a brilliant free email service, google do not share your ip with anyone, any email you send, the only ip that can be derived from that email header is google's own.
Old 08-31-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abusing-eBay View Post
I should have bought this ebook much earlier.
Ha, you tell me! My wonderful 2 powerseller accounts more than 1000 FB each down the drain last week.

I think you shouldnt be worrying. As I understand it, you only checked email with the wrong IP. I dont think emails have cookies...do they? Plus when you check your email you are not logging into paypal, but your mailserver.
Old 11-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Default sceptic

we are told never to sign into old accounts
but can you give exact reason why you think ebay cant see ip through sending an email to a normal non g-mail type e-mail account. think if I can see the IP of a recipeint when I use my g-mail then why cant ebay?
Surely this means any old accounts with old non gmail e-addresses are in trouble because they send e-mails and see Ip of that day, and perhaps that day you are setting up new account completely correctly.
doesnt one have to close those e-mail accounts completely eg a hotmail account!
why wouldnt ebay have this software, it exists?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-07-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-11-2008

Longevity: 89%
Exclamation I am a Network Engineer who speacialized in email systems

This is my first post so be gentle, also just want to say how happy I am to have found this site.

I got the suspension email in outlook no pictures displayed of course and within minutes my other account was taken out too. Being that I have an extensive knowledge in networking specializing in email systems. I know how to cover my tracks. I took a dedicated laptop with a clean install of Windows no junk, no nothing. Setup for this one purpose only and never used at home. I know how easy it is for them to connect accounts. I usually drive a few blocks away and hop on an unsecured wireless network take care of business and go home. I have been driving myself nuts trying to figure out how I messed up? It went down like this. I use Windows Live Mail for collecting mail for the two accounts on my desktop computer. The pictures were never displayed but the preview pane was enabled which the default is setting. Technology progresses quickly but as far as I know if you don’t display the images your ip will not be reported back. But if there were hidden code you wouldn’t be able to stop it from calling home, saying I arrived at this IP address.

This is what physically happens when you send an email. It first goes to your local mail server, it queries DNS for the ip address of the root domain (Ex/ Bill@microsoft.com) once it is given the address to the root server (in this case ".com") it then asks for the record belonging to Microsoft's mail server in the root of com. After your local email server finishes resolving the domain name it contacts the host mail server and hands your mail off if the destination mail server which checks to see if it is a valid recipient. If no recipient on the server it gets sent back out to sender with an undeliverable message notification. But if there is a recipient its gets forwarded to their mail client running on their machine. Ex/ Outlook or Microsoft Live Mail, etc.... When the administrators who send the email needs to trouble shoot there are many, many tools at our disposal. I can easily trace the path an email took for an intended email address. If you have two eBay accounts you want to keep separate and you have one mail client receiving mail for multiple accounts they can tell. And who knows what else they can do with embedded html code in any email you happen to see in the preview pane even with the pictures turned off. Bottom line, if your going to check your mail for seperate accounts at a bare minumum use a proxy with a browser.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 85%

Though hate to re-live the dead thread ,I find it more important to share information with you guyz.This is for all the doubters.
Guyz beacons in eBay emails definitly exist!! I agree with ebayaintstupid.

Go to the ebay's search page and type in web beacons .You would then find ebay's policy about privacy ,cookies and beacons where they have openly declared the use of web beacons.But they have also indirectly stated that they use it for account security ,trust and safety reasons.
Guyz what else you need to know in order to believe this!
Old 10-09-2009

Default question

if i have a gmail account and i have the pictures as blocked andi have privacy on the computer blocking ebay, is it ok to read messages
Old 10-09-2009

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help View Post
if i have a gmail account and i have the pictures as blocked andi have privacy on the computer blocking ebay, is it ok to read messages
You can read your messages, just dont display the images in the email by using the "display images" link to be on the safe side
Old 10-13-2009

can i respond to emails
also can i open ebay buy it now offers?
Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 82%
Default UP and DOWN ARROWS

I created a stealth account a few weeks ago, and have my own account on a separate user, and i unplugged my modem overnitght + different user account to create the stealth account. I was reading emails, none from ebay, and i accidentally pushed one of the arrows to go to next message and oh snap ....it was an ebay message. My email service is thru windows live, just cause i never new about gmail or webbeacons when i opend up my own
personal account. The user account i was on when i arrowed up and down was the one i used to register the stealth account, and "arrowed" to the next or previous message on my personal ebay email account. Ill update to the post if i end up getting the two
accounts associated with each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to verdugo For This Useful Post:
LowKey (05-16-2010)
Old 04-15-2010

All you talked about in this thread is not a secret. It's all posted on ebay in this link
Cookies, web beacons, and your privacy
If your account is stealth do not use yahoo and some other companies that ebay has a contract with. These companies violate privacy. Even if ebay says they don't know your information but these companies provide ebay of users who are linked to ebay. Welcome to the new mafia of privacy violators.
Old 04-25-2010

Longevity: 81%

ebay are now tracking you when you put proof of postage into paypal, if its trackable online and you put in the tracking number or registration number they look it up and check where it was posted from, happend to me i sent something out for my friend he got suspended and ebay sent them the message telling them how they linked him to me, of course i was a suspended user so now he is too.

paypal and ebay are like siamese twins both joined at the hip
Old 04-25-2010

How could they do that? They don't know how many people use a certain post office. What if there are 3 major ebay sellers and they all use the same post office one gets suspended they all do? I can't see it
Old 04-26-2010

Longevity: 81%

I can only tell you what happend to me and my friend, both in different states and ebay sent him the message saying suspended due to to association,

this is the first I have heard of it being done but its true thats why I am on here warning you not to put tracking numbers in cos they check that now too.

hard to believe but its a ripleys believe it or not

It happend to me
Old 04-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

yes Ive thought about that too, tracking gives all sorts of info, you can see signatures and locations posted etc..eg. post on several stealth accounts from one post office and it kind of links them, use a signature for returns or buying, its visible online for a short time - I mean if ebay have the time to look at it.