How to change IP address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default How to change IP address

I have a 2009 Mac Mini running Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8. My husband has a Windows based Dell laptop. We use a Scientific Atlanta 2100 modem and Netgear wireless router (Rangemax). We use Charter Communications for our internet service.

Question: How do I change the IP address every time I restart my computer? Is there a way my husband can also get a different IP address every time he logs on to his computer ~ an IP address that doesn't match the IP address for my Mac Mini?

This is why I ask:

Early last week, eB ay banned me from selling and ended all of my listings for low performance (late shipping). I was a PowerSeller and Top Rated Seller at one time but . . .. I can, however, still buy using this account. This account is in my name with my real info. The P ay P al account associated with the eB ay account is in my husband's name with his real info.

My husband has a separate eB ay account that he has had for many years (8+) and I do not want his account jeopardized because my listing/selling privileges have been suspended "indefinitely." He does not list/sell anything but occasionally purchases items. He has a P ay P al account with his real information linked to his personal eB ay account.

I am going to set up a stealth account (both eB ay and P ay P al) but am concerned by husband's account will be jeopardized by my lost eB ay account. My #1 goal is to protect my husband's EB ay account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

If you internet service is indeed dynamic then all you have to do is turn off and on your main Net modem (wait 20 or so secs between powering down).

Check IPBurger.com if you have new IP.

All the best.
Old 08-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Default Online Chat with Charter.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If you internet service is indeed dynamic then all you have to do is turn off and on your main Net modem (wait 20 or so secs between powering down).

Check IPBurger.com if you have new IP.

All the best.
I just did an online chat with Charter.com and was told I have a dynamic IP. He gave me the following steps to reset my IP address:

Please click on the Apple and select 'System Preferences'.
While in the System Preferences, locate and double click the 'Network' icon under • the 'Internet and Network' section.
On the Network screen, if you see a choice between 'Built-in Ethernet' and 'Wireless' choose the 'Built-in Ethernet' connection.
Then, click on the Advanced button.
Lastly, click on the Renew DHCP Lease button to renew the IP.

I did this and when I checked my IP address on "whatsmyipaddress.com" it showed the same IP address as I had earlier today. The Charter rep wrote, "I see that your modem IP is 10.185.41.49."

Why is the modem IP that the Charter rep gave me differ from what is showing on "whatsmyipaddress.com"? I also checked IPBurger and it shows the same IP address as whatsmyipaddress.com which doesn't match what the Charter rep gave me. I'm confused about what IP address eB ay and P ay P al would see with their tracking cookies (and any other diabolical device they use to track us!).

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011

Longevity: 76%

eb/pp see the IP that is displayed when you go to IPBurger.com
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I don`t know about what the rep told you - i usually turn off and on the modem and it gives me new IP.
Old 08-15-2011

Some reps dont really know anything and just read generic answers from a folder they are issued with so therefor one can not believe everything they tell you.

I do not have this kind of setup so have not played, but I think maybe you can spoof you mac addy and get a new ip via that - probably wont work but worth a try as it only takes a few minutes.

Have you tried what rsot said - that is the quickest solution so far, so try thay 1st, then try my suggestion.

I also found this thread on this site which may help - no looked into it so it may not help as it is for cable modems.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...html#post89148
Old 08-15-2011
Threadstarter  

I turned off the computer and unplugged the router and modem for 5 minutes yesterday and it did not reset the IP address given by whatsmyipaddress.com (same IP address given by IPburger). I will look at the link given by Alps and see what I find there.
Old 08-16-2011
Threadstarter  

As I have been researching and reading posts on this forum I found ~ http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-vpn-work.html

Someone on the above post wrote: "VPN's are NOT RECOMMENDED. eBay, PayPal and Amazon know the IP address ranges for many VPN providers and they ban accounts of those who use them."

Is this VPN information still correct? Now what should I do if VPN's are not recommended? If I change internet provides any new stealth accounts I set up could possibly be linked to my husband's account ~ the account I'm trying to protect.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
As I have been researching and reading posts on this forum I found ~ http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-vpn-work.html

Someone on the above post wrote: "VPN's are NOT RECOMMENDED. eBay, PayPal and Amazon know the IP address ranges for many VPN providers and they ban accounts of those who use them."

Is this VPN information still correct? Now what should I do if VPN's are not recommended? If I change internet provides any new stealth accounts I set up could possibly be linked to my husband's account ~ the account I'm trying to protect.

Thanks!
Your chance is just as high as Dial-Up.
Old 08-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Any user in the USA does not need to use VPN. There are more viable alternatives.

Aim is to make long lasting accounts and there is an inherent risk that this will not happen with VPN.
Old 08-17-2011
Threadstarter  

I'm in the US (Texas) ~ what are my "more viable alternatives" than VPN and possibly DSL? I currently have Charter with a Netgear wireless router.

I finally got my IP address to change (sort of). Is going from xx.xx.xxx.120 to xx.xx.xxx.225 enough to throw eB ay off my track?
Old 08-22-2011
Threadstarter  

How much does the IP address need to change so e b ay can't track the IP address?

Example

88.11.778.120 changed to 88.11.778.225; changed to 88.11.778.32; changed to 88.11.778.243; changed to 88.11.778.2

Are these changes enough to throw the dark side off my tracks?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011

Longevity: 79%

Please help!

I've had a few eBay accounts runnikng smoothly for over a year, and could change my IP address with my eyes closed. Then today, my internet provier (Shaw) came by and upgraded my internet service, which included a new modem, as the old one couldn't handle the new speed.

Now, I go into my router settings and change the MAC, which changes my IP (as always), and the IP changes on the router setting screen, but when I then double check the IP on ipburger.com, it's not changed!

Thoughts, suggestions, advice? Pretty please. And thank you.
Old 09-05-2011

i checked my ip on ipburger.com and it says my ip address in in the u.s.a when my i live in the uk ,when i checked it on whatmyip.com it is a totally different ip address ,why is this?
Old 09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
i checked my ip on ipburger.com and it says my ip address in in the u.s.a when my i live in the uk ,when i checked it on whatmyip.com it is a totally different ip address ,why is this?

This is taken from the ipburger site

'The map is based off your browser Latitude and Longitude readings. If you are using an unsupported browser, this may read as a California location by default. Try another browser (for example Firefox or Chrome) and try again. Your IP address and other details should be correct however'

Maybe this is the reason.
Old 09-05-2011

Default sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I'm in the US (Texas) ~ what are my "more viable alternatives" than VPN and possibly DSL? I currently have Charter with a Netgear wireless router.

I finally got my IP address to change (sort of). Is going from xx.xx.xxx.120 to xx.xx.xxx.225 enough to throw eB ay off my track?
Sooner, two of the best available options to not get tracked down are either use AOL desktop. its dial up but it gets the job done and you can set it to whatever location your ebay account is registered to. OR purchase a MIFI. 3g/4g is a bit faster then dial up but also costs more. its about $50 give or take a few bucks.

Those are the second best options if you don't prefer to constantly change your mac address of your router every time you log into an account.

Your still going to hit a problem if both you and your husband try to login from 2 different accounts why connected to the MIFI or after you changed the mac address so you may have to stick with dial up. or use your home connection with a new ip, and use mifi for your other account.
Old 12-24-2019

Longevity: 25%
Default Re: How to change IP address

I am try to change the IP address on windows 10. so I am following this link
. Is this rigth to go?
Please suggest some more tips.
Thanks