Recognizing your computer via cookies? IP? Flash Objects? - New proposed EBAY policy - Page 12 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

^^^ have you used Objection? It is a firefox add-on.That's how I dealt with mine.

Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

see update

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-07-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Default update

hi update

intalled objection, . Looked on LSO file and 2 paypal and 3 ebaystatic.

OMG

went on a seperate user screen and intalled it there on firefox , files empty, assume that means clearing under main user is all you need to do.......so this seperate folder theory, Im not sure about

Question I REALLY NEED ANSWERING IS
1/are all user screens and therefore accounts linked by this, I am not quite so bothered about a pair going down, as I have 10 pairs, under 10 users but dont want everything to go down because one dies,.I suppose once you are linked it is too late to do anything.

2/also I assume using auctiva means you dont have to reverify for selling due to removing flash files, correct?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-07-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-07-2009

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
hi update
Question I REALLY NEED ANSWERING IS
1/are all user screens and therefore accounts linked by this, I am not quite so bothered about a pair going down, as I have 10 pairs, under 10 users but dont want everything to go down because one dies,.I suppose once you are linked it is too late to do anything.

2/also I assume using auctiva means you dont have to reverify for selling due to removing flash files, correct?

Hi!

1- NO, your flash objects do not link the 10 accounts, what you've just seen with objection is data about only 1 pair of flash objects; you should have 10 pairs (pp/eb) 1 per each windows user-id and located each on separate user folders. They all have different data inside. Also using the multiple windows user scheme you don't need to clear cookies or flash objects; I even believe its better to keep them there always. If I would use a diff computer to operate I would take 'em on a pendrive (all the cookies+flash related to 1 account) and spread em all over the new pc, so the only difference ebay will register is just the IP, thus not triggering any crazy stuff...

2- Correct using auctiva doesnt trigger any security measure on ebay since it operates directly with them, no browsing involved. Great site... (until ebay buys them and links us to death). However they are launching auctiva commerce which wil try to be an alternative for ebay sellers. This is a good sign that shows they are even farthest from ebay than before.

Good day,
Cachufleta.
Old 02-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

thanks, I like you, you are cute and fluffy.

Reason Ive paired up accounts is because im limited to 10 users.

The objection files are empty on my other screens after I deleted on my main user, so i assumed that was why, still cant find how to delete LSO under other users, i wont bother as they are already linked, I will just be careful, I know what the triggers for suspension for my products are now and Im less likely to be suspended I think, and if I am, so what, move on, I just didnt want a domino affect!

I actually think on balance, its better to keep flash, as getting your account flagged is also a problem. Im Keeping a working number on more recent accounts but other have lapsed, as in Uk you need landline, which is expensive for multiples.

Im not so worried now, I worked really hard to make this many accounts and they are all up and running, slow and successful, and thanks for your reply

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-07-2009 at 08:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
ikeaman (10-07-2011)
Old 02-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

"""But then...when cookies are deleted and firefox restarted, why would the website recognize my computer the second time? After all, the cookies are still gone."""

I thought this was obvious:
Flash objects will ID your computer.

you gotta go one more step...

AND not quitting all browsers between cookie scrubs , will invalidate the scrub.
Old 02-27-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default Name address is still the same

Every time i reset my modem i get a new ip address. But the name Address is still the same. Is this a problem?

Ebay Freak
Old 02-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

the name address?
Old 02-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Question: If you are using separate user accounts, you dont need to clear cookies correct? It was my understanding that cookies are kept separate with user accounts.
Old 02-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
If that's the case, and ebay doesn't want you to delete cookies often. Then use different users for your PC. Create a different user on your computer per eBay account you have. Erase if you become suspended and create a new one per eBay account. I'm not sure what it's called for XP, but this makes it where you won't have to delete your cookies everything to switch computer users. Just switch users, and you're good to go. Remeber to change your Ip address before logging in.

I can see a lot of upset people who won't be able to sale or list on eBay, not us really because we're smart, but the common eBay people. EBay will lose business over this.

They're slowly killing their self.

My bank does the same thing, well they don't go as far as calling you to confirm but they go through extra steps and it's annoying at times.
This just answered my question. Thanks aspkin. I knew this but wanted to confirm.
Old 03-31-2009

Question

Great thread!

Minor question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-bay View Post
AND not quitting all browsers between cookie scrubs , will invalidate the scrub.
As Firefox takes forever to restart with some add-ons, is clearing off "Authenticated Sessions" a good alternative to re-starting the browser (question relates only to the quote above, but anyone is welcome to answer it if they can)?
Old 04-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Hey guys, long time no see Anyways, let me make this easy for all of you. Just use separate Windows accounts for each eBay/PayPal account. That's what I do. I currently have 80+ Windows user accounts, each named after a different eBay account, and I haven't had a suspension in nearly 10 months.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
ddda88 (03-09-2010), kecs (05-31-2010), metroline (04-11-2009), motorfinger (05-15-2012)
Old 04-11-2009

Let's dig this a little further. Will all brower work this way?

Please tell us what brower you use.

Look like firefox and IE will be ok. How about Opera and AOL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Hey guys, long time no see Anyways, let me make this easy for all of you. Just use separate Windows accounts for each eBay/PayPal account. That's what I do. I currently have 80+ Windows user accounts, each named after a different eBay account, and I haven't had a suspension in nearly 10 months.
Old 04-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

I use Firefox with Objection installed. Works perfectly.
Old 04-12-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I use Firefox with Objection installed. Works perfectly.
Why do you need objection if you have separate windows accounts?

Shouldn't you keep all your flash cookies?
Old 04-14-2009

So if we use different user acc on windows, it is safe to keep the cookies??

Can;t the flash cookies just remember your computer name even it is diff user acc and finally will link every single acc?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Yes with separate user accounts you keep the flash cookies.
Old 04-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
If that's the case, and ebay doesn't want you to delete cookies often. Then use different users for your PC. Create a different user on your computer per eBay account you have. Erase if you become suspended and create a new one per eBay account. I'm not sure what it's called for XP, but this makes it where you won't have to delete your cookies everything to switch computer users. Just switch users, and you're good to go. Remeber to change your Ip address before logging in.
I agree with aspkin, not much going on here. Nothing changed for me and a lot's of other people here on the forum. If you use xp just make sure you have different user names for every account. If you switch change your ip address that all, just don't delete your Cookies anymore. A other thing that will work if you have a good Computer or Laptop is virtual pc 2007, it is a free program from Microsoft. It allows you to install and run different versions of windows on 1 operating system like Vista, i use that know (still testing) but so far everything works out great. It's like having 10 pc's on 1 screen. Just make sure you don't forget to change your ip everytime, i F*** up a couple times because of that.

John Canfield you still didn't got me Keep working John and wasting your the money from your boss.
Old 06-05-2009

Hi, I have being using multiple account in different window users without deletion of any of the cookies/flash cookies.

Recently, one of my new account got the phone verification message before I can proceed to sell further.

I recall in the past, if I delete the flash cookies, the phone verification process will not appear. But this time even after clearing all the cookies and change to another ip, they still require the phone verification.

Is there a change in the policy?? Any advise how can I get around without having to pay for a phone number to do this? Thank you.
Old 07-08-2009

Longevity: 86%

I only get Phone verification once every blue moon.

I use Different win users, but I don't* delete the cookies on the user. If I delete the cookies, i tend to get the phone verification.

Anway, best way around the whole phone thing is bye not trying to get around it in the first place. goto Walmart, get a $10 tracfone and you're golden.

BigLots sells them for $8
Old 07-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Ive changed my mind about keeping flash, I have it turned off nowadays, ebay used to want phone verification when my accounts were new, but that has changed for listing now and they are letting me list on more aged ones without recognizing pc, also new policy is they are verifying on newer accounts by email, great! Must be because their phone bill was getting so high! I think it is not such a problem if using seperate users but say you make a mistake on which user you use, keeping flash off is one less worry.
The trick is to have flash loaded on IE for other stuff but on firefox browser do not allow it...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-08-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

That is exactly how I have been doing it for a while. No problems.

Flash off in Firefox always. Blocked forever and ever. Do all my PP and ebay and 3rd party stuff via FF.

IE has everything pretty much wide open and when I want to play kitten cannon or gemcraft, I use IE from my 'do nothing important' windows user login. Under no circumstances will I shop for anything or even browse shopping sites from IE. Just the cheesy games and inert stuff.

I don't get verification issues.

One thing I'm almost certain about: allowing flash and deleting it then allowing and then deleting, THAT gets noticed and then somebody or more likely some bot decides that a phone call is due. It's the backing and forthing that seems suspicious at the other end.