I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!! - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Red face Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Did you end up using a business account?
Nope I did not use a business account
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (03-06-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
I have used them in every account and have had no problems. It must be the address ur using ssn should be fine if ur using ur ssn but a address that was never connected to u that will not verify u
Can you use a post office box?
Old 03-09-2020

Default Re: I have successfully made a new Etsy account after being suspended!!!

Congratulations! Do you still have your shop?
Old 03-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 03-12-2020

Longevity: 23%

Okay so after reading through many forums I just need

- new phone
- connect to wifi never used before
- new account
- new bank account
- new address with new bank account above (can you use a PO Box?)
- can the new address use your business name? (ex John Smith Jewelry)
- do you need a SSN? or can you apply for a Tax ID number?

Am I missing anything else?
Old 03-13-2020

did you have to age the account?
Old 03-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyStorms View Post
did you have to age the account?
What do u mean age the account? I don’t think that’s a requirement for Etsy
Old 03-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandpinkorchids View Post
Okay so after reading through many forums I just need

- new phone
- connect to wifi never used before
- new account
- new bank account
- new address with new bank account above (can you use a PO Box?)
- can the new address use your business name? (ex John Smith Jewelry)
- do you need a SSN? or can you apply for a Tax ID number?

Am I missing anything else?
USING THE SAME SSN IS FINE!!!! and P.O. Box isn’t allowed
Old 03-16-2020

Longevity: 37%

how many sales you make until now ?
Old 03-22-2020

Longevity: 88%

Hey guys, I’ve read through most of the info here, but I’m a little confused about the names. Members have said its ok to use your real name and social. Then why do you have to use a stealth name when you’re entering your bank account info? Thnx!
Old 03-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

No need to use real name and social - problem is if account goes down, all your info is kept by these online platforms (etsy, eb, pp, whatever you're on) - stealth works to avoid using real info.

Most bank accounts will allow deposits in stealth name so you use your stealth name when entering bank info...
Old 03-22-2020

Thanks for answering. I used stealth before, back when you could use PayPal only. Lost a real account last week and came to see the updates. It seems like the latest news is that it’s ok to use your real name/ss#. Will just go stealth then. Thnx!
Old 03-23-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
No need to use real name and social - problem is if account goes down, all your info is kept by these online platforms (etsy, eb, pp, whatever you're on) - stealth works to avoid using real info.

Most bank accounts will allow deposits in stealth name so you use your stealth name when entering bank info...
Can Etsy see the name and address of my credit card? I was suspended twice. Different credit cards but I used my name and last name... also made some variations to my address
Old 03-23-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

Ok so then how are u making ur account if you don’t have to use r teal name and ssn?? That’s how me and a few others in here do it just fine. They definitely don’t save that info if that was the case I wouldn’t have all the accounts I do. If you don’t put in proper ssn and name they will ask you for a ID.... and it tellls u they couldn’t verify ur info..so how are u doing it??
Old 03-23-2020

Quote:
Ok so then how are u making ur account if you don’t have to use r teal name and ssn?? That’s how me and a few others in here do it just fine. They definitely don’t save that info if that was the case I wouldn’t have all the accounts I do. If you don’t put in proper ssn and name they will ask you for a ID.... and it tellls u they couldn’t verify ur info..so how are u doing it??

Can you let me know how you go about the part when you need to put in a credit/debit card. Do you use a VCC or one with your real name also.

Please PM me or post response here
Old 03-23-2020

Quote:
I’m confused. If you’re making your account with real name.. then why are you using a mismatched one for your banking info?
Old 03-29-2020

Longevity: 36%

People have a lot to learn, you need a whole new everythang
Old 03-30-2020

Quote:
I read through this forum thorougly and profusely!! Initially I submitted a new post asking questions but I took it upon myself to take action here and find some answers cause at the end of the day I’m all I got! 😂😂

I figured I’d post here what worked since there is no definitive post that tells anyone exactly what worked for them!
So let’s get into it shall we?

First things first, you need a whole new everything! In my case I ordered a iphone6 Trac phone from Best Buy and it was here in a day along with a 35$ prepaid card. DONT EVER CONNECT TO WIFI ON IT EVER THAT WILL LINK YOU

I don’t really feel like I should give away to many details publicly and my account is new here so I can’t PM people you can try pm’ing me if I can respond to them I’m unsure or we can talk via email if it’s allowed if not I am not trying to get suspended here or do anything against the rules so I will respond to anyone here! Ok nowwwww Back to the Etsy stuff

I used my own ssn and name for banking info but when it asks for account holder name I used the business name name. I would love to help whoever I could here but reading every single post about Etsy really really helped me tremendously! I remember seeing someone saying that there’s info you should ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and info you should not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and for me common sense told me which was which. It is 100% possible to make a new Etsy account w ur name and ssn you just need a new address that’s linked to u somehow! I’d be happy to help whoever.

Thanks y’all! Will help whoever I can

P.s this isn’t my first rodeo with stealth accounts and I will also keep everyone updated on my Etsy shop as we go along here but I’m going to take it slow
Can you send me a message? I tried to send you one but I need to have 25 more posts. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy View Post
People have a lot to learn, you need a whole new everythang
This is just simply NOT TRUE.
Old 04-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
This is just simply NOT TRUE.
While it may not be totally true if you can get yourself to the position whereby everything is new and real then you have a much better chance of creating a long lasting solid account

While it is true that there is anecdotal evidence that VPNs, VCCs etc. may or may not work it is a fact that accounts created using these must, by their very nature be less secure

What works for Ebay does not always work for Etsy
Old 04-07-2020

After reading through this whole thread it seems there is conflicting information and it's mainly aimed towards US based accounts.

I can see that you're from the UK and you posted earlier in the thread. How much success have you had with Etsy UK accounts and what's it been like within the last 2 - 3 weeks?
Old 04-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skudge View Post
After reading through this whole thread it seems there is conflicting information and it's mainly aimed towards US based accounts.

I can see that you're from the UK and you posted earlier in the thread. How much success have you had with Etsy UK accounts and what's it been like within the last 2 - 3 weeks?
PM sent. .
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
Skudge (04-07-2020)