Corona Virus - Page 53 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-16-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Corona Virus

I really think there are alot of people out there enjoying there vacation. They don't want to go back to work. The stigma of food stamps and other government aid programs does not seem to be there. People feel entitled. If people don't go back to work and we keep printing money we may just turn into Venezuela.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2020

Longevity: 52%

No im not saying we shud all be on lock down im saying we shud all have the choice to do what we think is best for us.And no it wont just go away we no that much but it will burn its self out at some point.As for sweden well time will tell if they are right i hope to god they are.I don't see what governments have to gain by keeping us all on lock down they have more to loose than gain.
Old 04-16-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post
I really think there are alot of people out there enjoying there vacation. They don't want to go back to work. The stigma of food stamps and other government aid programs does not seem to be there. People feel entitled. If people don't go back to work and we keep printing money we may just turn into Venezuela.
The problem is even deeper. People are literally making more money by not working. And people are entitled to this money. Why? Because the government shut things down, and they didn't take a vote. This isn't like food stamps or welfare. People that don't want to take free money, and want to work, have no choices. People are literally out protesting, to WORK and to not get free money. When has that ever happened? Protests have always been about not wanting to work and getting free money.

But when you are forced to not work, and then made to decide on your principles, or starving? Well, people take the money. They are no longer to blame. They are being forced into this situation, to receive help, from the same entity that is causing their strife in the first place. We are from the government, and we are here to help.... The scariest words in the English language. Like a firefighter being the one to set the fires. The fire is set. Not like we can say no to having them put it out.
Old 04-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post
Not me m8 i ain't on no universal credit i haven't stopped selling doing well to be honest i enjoy working for myself.I wouldn't say a vacation but i am enjoying the extra time im getting to spend with loved one's.
Old 04-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjay View Post
No im not saying we shud all be on lock down im saying we shud all have the choice to do what we think is best for us.And no it wont just go away we no that much but it will burn its self out at some point.As for sweden well time will tell if they are right i hope to god they are.I don't see what governments have to gain by keeping us all on lock down they have more to loose than gain.
But the government can just as easily do as they please, and tell you you can't ship your items out anymore. Some countries have in fact done that. Only essential things are allowed to ship. Then what?

It's easy for you to be ok with this, because it doesn't effect you. My sales are down 50%, which means my income is down 75%. I can't even get free government money.

This virus will not burn itself out. It just won't. The only way for that to happen, is herd immunity. And the only way for THAT to happen, is for people to be allowed to live their lives. So instead of it burning out in a few months, it will take a few years to burn out, and the sum total of deaths from the virus will STILL be the same. But the sum total costs to society will be incalculable.

What do governments have to gain by being communist and totalitarian? Power.

And what they have to gain from this, is to not be voted out. They are doing this to save their own bacon. Since when do they think far enough ahead to see what they have to lose? That's never stopped any government from doing any of the countless stupid things they've done.

Last edited by james13v; 04-16-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjay View Post
Not me m8 i ain't on no universal credit i haven't stopped selling doing well to be honest i enjoy working for myself.I wouldn't say a vacation but i am enjoying the extra time im getting to spend with loved one's.
Then I'm not really sure what your response to me was for. I'm not telling anyone to go out and play in traffic. If you want to stay home and wait it out, more power to you. That was literally my argument in the first place.

And just because your sales are good now, doesn't mean they will be good in a year when everyone else in the country and world is broke. So you should concern yourself with what they do. You are not an island. You are not living in the middle of nowhere, surviving off the wild. Your life and income is just as tied to all this, as the rest of us.
Old 04-16-2020

Do you really think there won't be any push back from the public if that is the governments game plan i don't no about USA but here in the UK that sh*t would not work and are government no's it.The people would revolt against it especially the youth.It would be the LONDON riots all over again all over the UK.
Old 04-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
But the government can just as easily do as they please, and tell you you can't ship your items out anymore. Some countries have in fact done that. Only essential things are allowed to ship. Then what?

It's easy for you to be ok with this, because it doesn't effect you. My sales are down 50%, which means my income is down 75%. I can't even get free government money.

This virus will not burn itself out. It just won't. The only way for that to happen, is herd immunity. And the only way for THAT to happen, is for people to be allowed to live their lives. So instead of it burning out in a few months, it will take a few years to burn out, and the sum total of deaths from the virus will STILL be the same. But the sum total costs to society will be incalculable.

What do governments have to gain by being communist and totalitarian? Power.

And what they have to gain from this, is to not be voted out. They are doing this to save their own bacon. Since when do they think far enough ahead to see what they have to lose? That's never stopped any government from doing any of the countless stupid things they've done.
You are wrong this will never happen the is only one china.So again what has a government got to gain by keeping us in lock down.
Old 04-16-2020

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
You risk life any time you leave the house. Things that are more likely to kill you, than this virus, yet we don't shut down the entire world because of them.
Nothing more likely to kill you due to leaving your house than this virus at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
ukjay (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020

Activity: 22%
Longevity: 85%

It's apparent around the world that young children do not spread the virus. Can we not just send all the kids to work to sustain the economy?
Old 04-17-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
GOOD.

I think the logic of the situation can be framed reasonably simply as follows:

1) Given sufficient healthcare capacity the same number of people, roughly, will die if this quarantine ends tomorrow versus if it ends a year from now. Again, sufficient healthcare capacity is the key here. Before anyone jumps on me.

1a) Ventilators are no longer a limiting factor, and we have the highest bed capacity per capita of any country in the world. And hospitals are literally firing staff because there is nothing to do. My Florida governor wants to open things back up, and one of the issues was our healthcare system being destroyed along with everything else, because staff are being fired left and right.

2) A vaccine is unlikely for at least a year, and to develop one at all historically new technology will need to be invented. It amounts to either a cure of, or vaccine for, the common cold, which has never yet been produced despite much effort. The shortest time it has ever taken to produce an effective and safe vaccine was three years, and some take more than twenty years. Putting our eggs in that basket amounts to whimsy and foolishness, although efforts should not be abandoned.

We have, however, established reasonably good protocols with Zithromax, zinc, and hydroxychloroquine. We are unlikely to do better no matter how long we wait.

3) Each and every day this coerced labor lockout continues, the cost in human lives RISES.

There is an immediate cost, in terms of people putting bullets in their brains, driving drunk into trees, and shooting heroin in their veins and never waking up, which would not have happened had these people not been pushed over the edge by government policy.

And there is a longer term cost, in lives lost due to stress. A mere 1% increase in long term unemployment--and I think most observers think the number will be higher than that for a while--causes an overall national increase in mortality from all causes of about 40,000 lives.

4) the logic, therefore, that we are KILLING more and more people, that we are costing more and more lives, each and every day this labor lockout continues is, to my mind, compelling and irrefutable.

These policies are CAUSING death, not preventing it. And they are causing MISERY too, among all those who cannot pay their bills, and will get no money from the government, or not enough, or not soon enough.

5) We are closing our eyes, and thinking if we don't see it, it won't hurt us. It's here, and it's out there. Locking people away only delays the inevitable, and it's only viable when hospital capacity can't handle the strain. It's not long term thinking. It's short term.

The sticking point for most seems to be delusional thinking stuck in the Bargaining phase of grief. They want there to be another answer, where a good number of good people do not die.

There is no such answer. It is not forthcoming. There will be no miracle. We are here on Earth, and on Earth magical thinking does not equate to actual results. And all of us die. This is how the system works. I didn't create it, I am merely recording its operation accurately.

The HUMANE response, then--the ONLY humane response--is to begin opening the national economy up immediately. Anyone who wants to hedge their bets, and phase it, I will support, since that is better than nothing. But the long term effect--the number of deaths from this terrible disease--will be about the same, so my vote is full opening tomorrow.
Idk, looking at that chart the next couple days will be telling. Googled covid 19 cases. It's showing signs of a slowdown and once that starts it will be quick. Yer link said til end of April and based on how viruses play out cases drop off as quickly as they start. I bet once mid-June / July comes it won't be bad.
Old 04-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
It's apparent around the world that young children do not spread the virus. Can we not just send all the kids to work to sustain the economy?
so silly
Old 04-17-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
No... kids are not effected by it to the same level

They can still spread it. There is a very big difference.
Old 04-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

The high mortality rate is more to do with how the tests are being carried out

If you test everyone, symptoms showing or not, the mortality rate will appear to be lower as you will pick up those with the virus who are not showing symptoms (lots of younger adults for example)

If you test just those suspected of having it, mortality rate will be higher as it will pick up the more acute and serious cases.

South Korea has such a low mortality rate as they are testing everyone. In the UK we are just testing those going into hospital, which means only the more server cases are being picked up. Those who have it but are not being effected are not being counted in the stats.

In the UK we are also now counted though suspected of having the virus even if they are not actually tested positive. That leads to a lot more deaths being counted that otherwise wouldn't be (in China for example unless they ran a test and it came back positive, even if it was 99% certain the virus was the cause of death, they didn't count it. They just recorded it as 'other')

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 04-18-2020 at 09:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-30-2020)
Old 04-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Total lack of ability to test in large numbers will make a lot of the data a bit meaningless
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-30-2020)
Old 04-19-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck View Post
I don't think a lot of people really care about poor countries getting the virus. poor people are expendable can easily replace a sweat shop in india for some european luxury brand.
Bruh you gotta stop playing victim and blaming others for it. Once you do that the world will open up. Trust me I've been there.

I don't think poor countries care what happens to rich ones either.

Other than trade with me!
Old 04-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post

Other than trade with me!
Trade you for some eggs and cheese
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (04-19-2020)
Old 04-22-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck View Post
i encourage that nobody get tested for coronavirus, if you get tested they take your sample and give it over to the health dept which give all the samples over to scientists to study to make vaccines for all the possible mutations......
You need professional help ASAP
Old 04-22-2020

French researchers to test nicotine patches on coronavirus patients

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ng-coronavirus

Money Talks
Old 04-22-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You guys poo poo me when I suggested Solgar Anti oxidant pills.
I dont work for Solgar,but I know it is a good brand,you may have your favorite ones.
If you cough,there is cough drops and Nyquill? to help you sleep at night.
I also would shred some fresh ginger,either eat it raw or put them in clear broth or tea,it should help !
At one time the Chinese were drinking garlic water,garlic is antifungal and anti bacterial,not sure if it will do anything with virus?
You do what you think is best for you yes its a good brand.At the end of the day we all do what we think is best for ourselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukjay For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (04-22-2020)
Old 04-23-2020

What's going on in there? Coronavirus patient FLEES North Korea before being SHOT in China

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-border-guards
Old 04-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
It looks like Chinese did not spend all the Lunar year holidays staying home with family,they travel on cruise ships,planes to many parts of the world
"Looks like" reminded me of a Simpsons bit:

:focus