Corona Virus - Page 13 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Corona Virus

Once it hits skid row, the local government in LA will need to start taking draconian measures to slow the spread. If they don't then LA is going to be a disaster area very soon (the Los Angeles gov't is very unlikely to do what would need to be done to slow the spread since LA is one of the most liberal places on the planet). The homeless in LA don't stand a chance and I feel like violating basic human rights (like China has been doing all along) would be the only possibly way of getting it under control once the homeless population starts spreading it. We aren't going to see Los Angeles doing anything that could be construed as violating the rights of their homeless population.. so LA could get quite messy in the coming weeks.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-08-2020 at 09:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-12-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2020

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 30%

This is all paranoia .it is like a normal influence or less,
the death are mostly over 80 s already compromised
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroalva View Post
You have no way of knowing that. The media has started pushing this narrative in an attempt to keep the public from panicking. Covid-19 is a brand new virus which has never been an epidemic in the past. It behaves very differently than influenza (or influence, as you call it). It's impossible for you to compare it to any other virus. Influenza has been around for over a century. Covid-19 has been around for 4 months.

Don't post in the thread if you aren't interested. It's something I'm concerned about, so I'm posting updates as the situation progresses. I'm not paranoid and am totally sane.

If this is less severe than the regular flu, then why did China feel the need to lockdown nearly half of their population for 1+ month? Why did they feel the need to construct over a dozen new hospitals strictly for dealing with this one virus? Why has eBay decided to ban the sale of hygiene items which would be useful for viral situations? Why is covid-19 spreading exponentially to the entire planet so rapidly?

Clearly the media is saying one thing, while the actions being taken are saying another thing. It's getting old having people with no medical background or any other relevant experience telling me that this is no big deal, when the truth is that they have no idea what they're talking about and are simply acting as a mouthpiece for the news.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-08-2020 at 10:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ukjay (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Strange you say that when you're from Italy with about 230 deaths & only 600 or so recovered. The flu doesn't have a 30% mortality rate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (03-08-2020), walkingupwards (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
...and your ridiculous claim is no better than theirs.
It was factual what he said though. 233 deaths, 589 "recovered" is the latest data from Italy.

233+589=822
233 deaths / 822 cases with outcomes = .283
.283 = 100 = 28.3% case fatality rate in Italy

Strangely, the case fatality rates starting to emerge from other parts of the world are proving to be dramatically different than what has been reported from China.

South Korea - 50 deaths, 118 recovered, 29.7% mortality rate
USA - 17 deaths, 8 recovered, 68% mortality rate so far in USA.
France - 11 deaths, 12 recovered, 47.8% mortality rate.
Spain - 17 deaths, 30 recovered, 36.1% mortality rate.

Many other examples as well.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-08-2020 at 10:34 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (03-08-2020), ukjay (03-08-2020), walkingupwards (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Ebay removes all the Corona related items so folks can go to the store and buy them,they sell authentic items.
You should know this statement isn't correct. That's not even close to why eBay decided to prohibit those listings.

Brick-and-mortar stores are all sold out of hand sanitizer, masks, bleach, disinfectant sprays, etc. eBay wanted to prevent price gouging and that's all there is to it in my opinion. I don't agree with price controls or any other communistic policies, but that's why they've done what they've done. There isn't some big problem with counterfeit hand sanitizer or Lysol and there never has been. eBay sellers wouldn't be able to find counterfeit versions of those items even if they tried.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-12-2020), ukjay (03-08-2020), walkingupwards (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You should know this statement isn't correct. That's not even close to why eBay decided to prohibit those listings.

Brick-and-mortar stores are all sold out of hand sanitizer, masks, bleach, disinfectant sprays, etc. eBay wanted to prevent price gouging and that's all there is to it in my opinion. I don't agree with price controls or any other communistic policies, but that's why they've done what they've done. There isn't some big problem with counterfeit hand sanitizer or Lysol and there never has been. eBay sellers wouldn't be able to find counterfeit versions of those items even if they tried.
Its very hard to find any stock at the min here in the uk i just ordered a home shop and half was out of stock no cleaning products no toilet roll no hand wash etc.
Old 03-08-2020

Quote:
You have no way of knowing that. The media has started pushing this narrative in an attempt to keep the public from panicking. Covid-19 is a brand new virus which has never been an epidemic in the past. It behaves very differently than influenza (or influence, as you call it). It's impossible for you to compare it to any other virus. Influenza has been around for over a century. Covid-19 has been around for 4 months.

Don't post in the thread if you aren't interested. It's something I'm concerned about, so I'm posting updates as the situation progresses. I'm not paranoid and am totally sane.

If this is less severe than the regular flu, then why did China feel the need to lockdown nearly half of their population for 1+ month? Why did they feel the need to construct over a dozen new hospitals strictly for dealing with this one virus? Why has eBay decided to ban the sale of hygiene items which would be useful for viral situations? Why is covid-19 spreading exponentially to the entire planet so rapidly?

Clearly the media is saying one thing, while the actions being taken are saying another thing. It's getting old having people with no medical background or any other relevant experience telling me that this is no big deal, when the truth is that they have no idea what they're talking about and are simply acting as a mouthpiece for the news.

The statistic so far say that hit serious mostly old people with other deseases ,the issue is that it spread very quickly and many people need normal treatment all in once and there are not enough places in the hospital that's why better stay at home, the common synthom are like a normal influence and cought for some,others are not even touched
Old 03-08-2020

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
The statistic so far say that hit serious mostly old people with other deseases ,the issue is that it spread very quickly and many people need normal treatment all in once and there are not enough places in the hospital that's why better stay at home, the common synthom are like a normal influence and cought for some,others are not even touched
So if its not all that bad to catch this virus.Why all the overkill about it i don't think we are being told the hole truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...h-more-than-70
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Young people are affected by this virus as well. Remember the Chinese doctor that tried to warn us of the virus? He was in his mid-thirties or thereabout.
Old 03-08-2020

There are many people every year affected by influenza too but nobody speak abt it
The Following User Says Thank You to Pedroalva For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-12-2020)
Old 03-08-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
You have no way of knowing that. The media has started pushing this narrative in an attempt to keep the public from panicking.
This was public information WAYY before the media started propagating fear. It's progressively worse for you, the older you are. Exponentially worse, actually.

Quote:

I'm not paranoid
You sure about that? lol

Quote:

then why did China feel the need to lockdown nearly half of their population for 1+ month?
I don't see anyone protesting these days. I mean, you know... conspiracy theories and all.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-12-2020)
Old 03-08-2020

Longevity: 34%

Follow these steps we will all be safe

Old 03-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Strange you say that when you're from Italy with about 230 deaths & only 600 or so recovered. The flu doesn't have a 30% mortality rate.
Numbers are partially reflective of a countries' overall hygiene

... I mean IRAN.

Health minister was sick on live television and the people still didn't believe him lol

Last edited by Sunspot144; 03-09-2020 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

The calculation without China's statistics would be:
3799 (worldwide deaths) - 3097 (china deaths) = 702 (deaths outside china)
60693 (worldwide recovered) - 57319 (china recovered) = 3374 (recovered outside china)

702 (deaths) + 3374 (recovered) = 4076 known outcomes outside of China
702/4076 = .172
.172 x 100 = 17.2% worldwide mortality rate, excluding China's questionable numbers.

Iran is pretty low at ~9% when I checked earlier. So far they're doing better than Western countries.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-08-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

https://www.cato.org/blog/covid-19-d...-who-estimates
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Yes it does, I do not believe you accept that this virus has, by definition, a 30% mortality rate.

The irony of you disputing my copy-and-paste data from a third party based upon your copy-and paste data from a third party isn't lost on me.
Everything I have been hearing from the news, including CDC interview has stated the mortality rate is less than 20%, as of yesterday or day before. Has this changed or are you saying it is wrong?
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

It has a fatality rate that evolves daily. Nobody can say for sure what the actual fatality rate will be until all cases are resolved. I'm skeptical of the 1-3% people keep saying because the way the so-called experts are getting those numbers doesn't make sense. So I've been taking the same numbers everyone is using and doing the calculations the correct way.
Old 03-08-2020

Heard that too. PM was openly sick and surrounded by associates and not quarantined. What would be done with Trump if he got sick?

Has been said before, it's spreading rapidly because it is not easy to recognize. People get infected easily/don't show symptoms or it's like the flu and can get better, but elderly and those with pre-existing conditions are not safe from it.

If it gets out of hand we will be surrounded by sick people, large majority are okay and will recover just fine, but elderly and those with pre-existing conditions can't fight it. "Experts" are predicting 40-70% of world pop will carry it in next year until a vaccine is produced. So world population as a whole will be okay, those with criteria above are not safe. Gov-issued or self-quarantine is for their benefit.

Has killed 3x as many as SARS/MERS. If it affected everyone in same way this would be what Bill Gates has been warning about, something similar to Spanish Flu. Lucky that is not entirely the case here, but still better if it did not exist at all.
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I can agree with that. Best thing they can do is make somewhat educated guesstimates. And the information from the majority of the affected areas, we cannot trust.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I have been following this since early January. I truly believe that ALL governments are downplaying this world wide event.

Mass General predicts 8,000,000 deaths within two years.

The most concerning statistic is the recovery rate. Pence said it is above 50% great! but what about the 48% that dont recover. Persistent cough for a few months? Years? get worse? etc...

Also the fact that many reports say "recovered" people seem to remain contagious.

Last thing is the general census is, it is 6x more contagious than the 2020 strand of common flu. 6x as many people ill in the work worse is never a good thing.
Old 03-08-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

6x as many people ill in the work worse is never a good thing.
Truth.com!

My GF's company has already mandated a 21-day work from home schedule if they, or anyone they come in contact with, has traveled to any of the hotspots for this virus.

We're going on vacation this week, and I'm gonna try to talk her into working from home the next 2-3 weeks.