your hours and what do you say you do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default your hours and what do you say you do?

Im just part-time on ebay, I have a few future options, I will either start doing a bit more on it, when mini starts school or I will take on some other part-time work perhaps, or I will keep it the way it is and have more free time, dont know...I like my hours, Id hate to go back to the rat-race, plus school holidays are not easy with a proper job even if its part-time...they dont let you take off all of christmas , easter, half-terms etc etc!..the way I see ebay going for me though it would not be worth putting in stacks more hours, as I dont think the profits would justify it, I dont think the profit would correlate in favour of the hours spent...

another thing is what do you tell people you do, if you dont have another job as a cover? I havent said I do anything, people know I havent gone back to work, but they are not expecting me to yet, with mini, but they will start asking questions at some point...........I know another mum who works full-time and has made digs at me, saying kids dont respect mothers that dont work and you should always have independant money..shes a bit of a cow in general, and makes alot of comments generally, I think she has issues....I did say that I didnt want to put mini in a day nursery or kiddy farm as I call them, 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year and that shut her up for about 5 minutes.........I would like throw a scalding coffee at her and ram a muffin up her nose, but that wouldnt go down to well at the
gym cafe..

anyway enough ramblings........

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-15-2010 at 08:01 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 83%

There nothing wrong with telling people you are a e-commerce merchant. Being a merchant is one the worlds oldest professions. I do this full time and I always let other people know what I do. I'm alwas talking to them about investing with me.

It's not that hard to find someone with some available credit on their cc's. They can buy merchandise and pay maybe 1% interest a month. You can then sell those items and give them a percent of the profits. That's the way I prefer to get around suspensions too, I open up account in the investors names and use stealth to keep it from being linked to me.
Old 04-15-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Im just part-time on ebay, I have a few future options, I will either start doing a bit more on it, when mini starts school or I will take on some other part-time work perhaps, or I will keep it the way it is and have more free time, dont know...I like my hours, Id hate to go back to the rat-race, plus school holidays are not easy with a proper job even if its part-time...they dont let you take off all of christmas , easter, half-terms etc etc!..the way I see ebay going for me though it would not be worth putting in stacks more hours, as I dont think the profits would justify it, I dont think the profit would correlate in favour of the hours spent...

another thing is what do you tell people you do, if you dont have another job as a cover? I havent said I do anything, people know I havent gone back to work, but they are not expecting me to yet, with mini, but they will start asking questions at some point...........I know another mum who works full-time and has made digs at me, saying kids dont respect mothers that dont work and you should always have independant money..shes a bit of a cow in general, and makes alot of comments generally, I think she has issues....I did say that I didnt want to put mini in a day nursery or kiddy farm as I call them, 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year and that shut her up for about 5 minutes.........I would like throw a scalding coffee at her and ram a muffin up her nose, but that wouldnt go down to well at the
gym cafe..

anyway enough ramblings........
Lol, drama drama.

I say keep doing what you're doing. If it's making you happy (time freedom) and giving you some extra coin then keep building on it. You're a Internet Marketer and smart enough to do what you do. Not many people can master that.
Old 04-15-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I know another mum who works full-time and has made digs at me, saying kids dont respect mothers that dont work and you should always have independant money..shes a bit of a cow in general, and makes alot of comments generally, I think she has issues
I agree with aspkin...Drama! :D (Baby Mama Drama)

Do what I do and "Stay away from negative people". Remove her from your life.
Old 04-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Being around negative people, like her, will not help you at all. I no longer hang out with people like that because it didn't help me move forward in life. Anytime someone asks what I do, I tell them I do marketing online for different companies, which is true. I don't do much on ebay anymore, but when I did I just told them I buy stuff cheap and sell it on ebay. And they always ask, "How the f*ck can I do that? You barely have to work and you make a living, and I go to work everyday!" Then I laugh and tell them it took A LOT of work to get where I am but I can help if you want.
Old 04-15-2010
Administrator

The problem is sure you get more time off, and have freedom to do what you want as an Internet marketer, but first you have to work your ass off to get to that point.

I've been doing it since 19 and I don't plan on doing anything else. Working for yourself is where it's at.
Old 04-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Geeze, ram the muffin somewhere else and find a new gym. Not her business. Your life, live it. Answer only to yourself. (Listen to a few chosen others)

Peace and Mungbeans
Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 81%

I work as an ESL teacher in a public school. I work every day till 3 pm. Then I have a lot of days off, spring-winter-2 month summer breaks -etc. I like it Also, I enjoy working with kids I just started "working" on Ebay.
Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

i get this question all the time....everyone thinks that im a bum who stays home all day and scratches his balls...but little do they know i make enough as a regular American citizen with a yearly salary without having to pay taxes...theres nothing wrong with saying that you sell stuff on ebay....
Old 04-15-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Hey this ebay stuff is stressful..... I think I need to venture off to something less stressful and more profitable.....Any help out there?
Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 82%

Hold on a second...what is wrong with telling people you sell on eBay? If anything I was proud to tell people this, everyone I tell seem to envy me. It's the perfect job you get to work at home, you own your own business, you make bank, no boss to tell you what to do and it's a mystery to people when you tell them.

I'm 21 and when I tell people I own my own business on eBay, it's them that are embarrassed to tell me what they do. Plus, it's not like it's a crappy job that doesn't pay well. Hell, in 9 months if things go according to plan which should be no problem at all, I'll be making more than the average 4 year university grad student.

It's ****en awesome no complaints here. Hours? I can't even calculate how many hours I work, but the cool thing is I ENJOY THIS WORK. It's so fun looking at how many people are watching and bidding on your auctions, figuring out what to do, what to sell, communicating with suppliers and all of that good stuff.

I'll tell you one last thing too, it's better than slaving at a 9 to 5 like the majority of all these miserable people who hate their jobs and stare at the clock until they can go home.

Last edited by jamblix; 04-16-2010 at 03:11 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-16-2010), GreenBean (04-17-2010), OfficialGenius (04-15-2010)
Old 04-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
I agree with aspkin...Drama! :D (Baby Mama Drama)

Do what I do and "Stay away from negative people". Remove her from your life.
so, Im a mama drama pygama llama obama, am I?

cant remove shes part of an established group I know and want to stay with, shes no biggie though (in fact shes a bag of bones) , it was just an anecdote....

telling people you are on ebay in my opinion is a problem, they will want to know what you sell, your auction ID and more importantly theyll want to copy - now thats not in my interests........marketing, now thats a better sounding thing to say...

marketing for the mafia, so keep your beak out, capisce.........

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2010

Longevity: 90%

I've never told anyone I sell on eBay/Amazon. Not even my closest friends. They all assume I have rich parents or a drug dealer or something. Every week someone ask me where my income comes from, and I usually say I live off grant money from college.
Old 04-19-2010
Administrator

Lol, say your a MW2 tourney winner JohnnyBoy.
Old 06-07-2010

Longevity: 90%

Didnt want to start a new thread. So, what do you all do when asked proof of income. If you were to rent an apartment or house, do you pay like 6 months down or something? I'm considering my own place but dont know what to tell my future landlord about income when I dont taxes. Maybe make some McDonalds pay stubs with photoshop?
Old 06-07-2010
Administrator

Bank account statements.

That's what I used with my last appartment.
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Does Anyone have the Movie Rights to this thread?
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Does Anyone have the Movie Rights to this thread?

yea, Aspkins forum - The movie

I want Angelina to play ME...