Vaping is Booming! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 05-28-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%
Default Vaping is Booming!

I'm not a vaper.. but I know plenty that do vape and I know plenty of people who sell vaping products.

It's a HOT market (and it's just beginning).

I was talking to a good friend last night about entering the vaping market.

Opening an eCommerce shop, getting a foot hold in the market and slowly expanding.

I like slow steady growth.

What I think would work well would be a dollar shave club type of product.. the vaping juice on a monthly subscription.

I probably won't pursue the idea so that's why I'm talking about it but I just found it exciting thinking about it.

I know at least a dozen of you who do or have listed vaping products on eBay (you guys like to tell me what you sell).. I know it's big business and will continue getting bigger.

You guys are doing it!

Now is the time to get established in market.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited by aspkin; 05-28-2016 at 09:13 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-29-2016), ilcarletto (05-29-2016), Qwoty (04-26-2017), rsot (05-29-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Vaping is Booming!

millionaires were made the year vape companies entered the stock market.

now within 2 years it will be regulated. so that's the next boom.
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

I thought about this, and I am sure that vaping DOES have a future, but the anti's are pulling out all the stops to try and stop it - they are commissioning studies that start out with the conclusion that vaping is as bad or worse than smoking and then cherry picking data to show just that. And our politicians will buy into it and tax vape juice to death, just like they did with cigarettes. One pack in Chicago now costs more than $10, most of that money going to taxes.

I tend to get emotional about these things and decided I do not want to be in a business where I will have to fight activist morons every day and that could be shut down on a political whim. I need to move AWAY from politics, not towards it. I have been an activist for 20+ years and have done the fundraising, the organizing and such and now I am old and tired. It is time for someone else to step in. I just don't have the time or energy for it anymore.

But I agree it would be a good business for someone to get into. I would try to be a niche player, like with Aspkin's monthly subscription idea, or maybe providing classic tobacco flavors. I would stay away from the flavors that appeal to kids, I think that will put some people out of business and damage the industry as a whole. Whoever does this, I suggest you have a company policy absolutely prohibiting the sale or distribution of your products to anyone under 21 years of age. You have to be the ultra-responsible company, one of the good guys. The others are going to get crushed.

Last edited by jeffweico; 05-29-2016 at 12:56 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-29-2016), Play (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Oh, it has a huge future.

it'll be regulated and more laws will be built around it, but it'll still be huge. It will be an upgrade to cigarette market... The market that is one of the biggest already.

You are talking about highly addictive substance, nicotine, and now you have a healthier way of doing it... It'll be very, very, very big market.
It's like inventing a type of alcohol that doesn't give you hangovers- Image how big that would be?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
It's like inventing a type of alcohol that doesn't give you hangovers- Image how big that would be?
They had it - kind of. It was alcohol vaping. They had a demo set up in a couple of bars in downtown Chicago. Me and my friend Laura used to go there. I never tried it. But it was supposed to ease the hangovers and get into your system much faster, sparing you hangovers, weight gain and liver damage.

Needless to say the government is the US was whipped up into a frenzy about it. I have not seen any of these machines in a long time. But then again, I have not been in very many bars since then, either...
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016

Longevity: 45%

I tried to sell e cigarettes on ebay uk,
got banned after less than a month. There are some sellers there that sell it, but i'm not sure how they can do it without getting ban.
Old 05-29-2016

Longevity: 46%

and what payment processor to use for these products??
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

You would need a high risk merchant account and eBay would not be the best venue, but it is not like this business would be unworkable - you just have to be a problem solver. You would need to figure out how to get business to your own website. That is certainly possible.

I don't see anything super serious stopping anyone...
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I was selling vape products on Ebay for about a year when all this was still brand new. The market is so flooded now that I was forced to get out while I could without taking a loss. Even brick and mortar stores in my area are so common that they're killing themselves off. There's literally not enough business to keep them all afloat.

I think the juice idea is viable though. I'm a vaper and I go through a gallon of the stuff per month. I go to a local shop that mixes all their own juice, and they sell a 120mL bottle for $30. Can't beat their price.

But yeah if you could find a good wholesaler for the juice ingredients and start a subscription service, I think that would flourish. Hell, it's a holiday weekend so I have some extra time. I might go look into this..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-29-2016), newjerseymax (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

I used to smoke, I used to love smoking. I then quit one morning and never really wanted to smoke again.
Now when I look at people who vape I feel sorry for them- Most people who vape don't even realise how addicted they are. It becomes just such a easy bad habbit to have, because it all smells like strawberries, vanilla or freshly printed money- what ever you want.

In UK its a booming business. I see 12 year olds with vape pens, no joke. On your average high street there are more vape shops than any other shops.
Vape shops and betting shops, that what UK has become.

People walking around, sucking dat robot dick. Poor *******s.

The only thing worth vaping is weed- It's so much better and from the health benefit, you can't beat it.
If I was in US, I would move to Colorado and start my own hipster brand of weed and just cash in as much as I can.
Thats the real idustry.

OR, buy property and rent it for growers. Simple money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-17-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I fully agree, I'm a hopeless addict. But vaping weed all day in my Davinci helps keeps me from feeling sorry for myself!

FWIW, my juice has 1mg nicotine and I'm down from 24mg a year ago. At this point (for me) it's more of a physical addiction than mental, although I know I am still mentally and physically addicted to nicotine.

I smoked for about 10 years and I wasn't ever able to just wake up and quit one day, so I'm quite thankful for this invention.. Sure I'm still an addict, but I really can breath better than before. Just a matter of time before the vaping industry is regulated to death though :(

Last edited by phaz0rz; 05-29-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

if you can't quit, you don't want to quit.
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Valid point for sure. I never wanted to quit. I tried a "blu ecig" years ago out of curiosity, and wound up liking vaping more than smoking.
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

I love vaping!

I started getting into vaping years ago when competition was low... The competitors a vicious and will do just about anything to get you banned... Online you cab only sell via own website for long term... Got limited once for selling on ebay and it was not only liquid.

I still have a bunch of small pen vapers that I am trying to unload all at once and box of the original tips... Probably from first year it came out big in the USA.

We also have so many brick and mortar stores they are dying 1 by 1.
phaz0rz (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016

Longevity: 56%

if you get your own juice popular then you bank. Ingredients cost between $0.5=1 per 10ml and sells for anything upto 10$.

Selling branded items though pfft good luck, already 100s of companies competing on price.

Loads of new EU laws have just come in over here, now need to register every product which costs around $200 a year and get it tested, getting juice tested costs $5-10k per flavour so all the smaller guys are about to get wiped out.
The regulations are coming in under a tobacco directive aswell (ironic eh) and its in the lisbon treaty that all tobacco products have to be taxed by atleast IIRC 55%.

Theres already some successful subscription boxes, obviously you can make money but I wouldn't fancy it. You'd need loads of stock and would end up with a lot of dead stock with unpopular flavours and like I said the margins on branded juice would be tight to start with.

I think you're into SEO though, good thing about vaping is theres always new products coming out. Much more fun competing with bigger guys when everyone has a new product/url

Last edited by dan_ebay; 05-29-2016 at 02:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-30-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

I really think the Dollar Shave Club idea is a great idea. Clearly you have a commodity that is in demand by the masses. It Is easy to ship (although the annoying thing is you would have to plastic bag all the vap juice bottles). It is definitely high markup giving room to undercut retail. You would have lots of customer loyalty and also it is a growing market.

Here is were I see the problem: It would take a ton of capital. You would need to run with it or else someone else will leaving you to fade into insignificance. You would need a huge marketing budget. That is how Dollar Shave Club did it through national commercials, billboards, and saturating the internet with ads. You would also need a huge inventory on hand immediately. Lots of overhead would be involved like several huge warehouses, customer service centers, etc.

This business model does not really give you a opportunity to grow slowly and figure it out as you go. Great idea again but you need proof of concept and a ton of venture capital.
Old 05-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolMart View Post
and what payment processor to use for these products??
You can use paypal in the EU
Old 05-29-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

This is interesting, because I have seen a lot of shops opening up on busy high streets, selling solely Vaping products. I would of thought the margins must be excellent! ... can you imagine running a profitable shop from a single product (and its variations)?

My only two cents to those dealing in this niche is just make sure the product is 'safe for use' and 'safe for consumption'. Don't take your suppliers word for it, buy a sample and have it tested in the UK or US. Make money, but don't put lives at risk along the way.

Last edited by Play; 05-29-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2016

the margins on the big brands (kanger,aspire,innokin etc) definitely aren't good. When the first shops opened 2-3 years ago people were selling unbranded basic batteries that cost £2 for £20-30.
THen they were re branding cheap chinese liquid that costs 50p and selling it for £5.
Those days are well over now though.
Now theres big brands that make well known hardware and big brands that make well known juice.
Probably one of the only things thats actually cheaper to make in the UK than China as its heavy for the price of it and it has IIRC 15% import duty

The most 'dangerous' liquids are in the US ironically, they use a lot more sweetners than anyone in the UK or China does
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Too true Haidukken - vaping didnt help me off of the smokes - time for round 2 with vengeance and dedication...
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

This is one of those markets that I personally look down upon. I know it is just business and money but for some reason, I find it a dark business that promotes something I personally find off putting. I am not saying that people should not be able to do whatever they want to do as long as it is not negatively effecting others, but it is one of those things that I would never want anything to do with.

It is very interesting to see so many members into it.
Old 05-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

how is it any different than cigs or mari.juana? both markets worth billions and more

unless you look down on all 3 i guess. but all legal to some degree regardless