Best Giftcards to Use - How to Use Them and Other Options - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%
Default Best Giftcards to Use - How to Use Them and Other Options

Buying Your Giftcard: Purchase your Giftcard using valid information and register with eBay using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address. Remember never to use your same address for multiple eBay accounts. This will cause your accounts to link. Simon's cards are the easiest and less time consuming cards to use. But you can use any card that has never been attached to an eBay account.

When adding a Giftcard to your eBay account, remember to use the same name and address you first used when creating your eBay account.

Confirmed Working Gift Cards:

Simon Malls | More Choices - The Prepaid Visa debit Gift Card and Visa Gift Account from Simon.com - What you want is a Simon Gift Account. Use valid information when purchasing your card, and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information for the person receiving the gift. It's good to use the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address for eBay and Paypal as well (if you're going to use Paypal). It takes about 24-48 hours for the Gift Card to show up in your email. Once you receive the email, follow the link to create an account at Simon.com. Be sure to use a valid phone number when ordering. Simon often calls to verify your order.

Advantages
  • Cost $3 per card
  • Fast Delivery (2-3 business days)
  • Can change address by accessing your account at simion.com
  • Gift Account (gift card) delivered by Email
  • Confirmed to work with eBay

Disadvantages
  • Non-Reloadable
  • Minimum $20 startup balance
  • Phone verification usually required – They will call you
  • Verified by Visa credit card required to purchase
  • Customer service can be hard to reach (866-885-6320 or 866-305-6236)

Other verified gift cards:

UK Specific Confirmed:

Also Note:
  • Once you enter your CC details into eBay's system it's there for good. You can't reuse the same card with multiple accounts, even if you were unable to verify a card and use it with eBay. It's in eBay's system and will link you if you use it for multiple accounts.
  • Using a Giftcard will not suspend you account, so if you become suspended for some reason, it's not because of your gift card.
  • Amex gift cards have been reported to not work well with eBay and Paypal
  • Some gift cards without AVS attached may have problems passing verification

AVS: When an AVS is done on a CC, it is the numeral that's verified...not the words. This being the address numbers, zip code and obviously the card numbers, the rest can be bogus. AVS does not verify your name, this can be anything.

Prepaid Debit Card vs. Virtual Gift Cards: Most Prepaid debit cards work for both eBay and Paypal. Gift cards can have their address modified and will be accepted by eBay. If you use a debit card, or real credit card, they are more secure and won't accept their card being used if the address is too much off. Usually the numbers of a street address and or name have to be the same or similar. Some spelling can be off to fool eBay, but you must not use the same exact information from another eBay account of yours. You just have to play around with it for eBay to accept a card.

Unconfirmed Prepaid/GiftCards:
Other options: Do a Google search for Visa Gift cards and search for virtual cards to get your card within a day or two. You can also use prepaid cards found in local shopping centers. Another option is to use existing credit cards that you haven't yet used with an eBay account. Or you may report your credit card lost to get a new card number. And then change your billing address entirely.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Anyone else use Atira? I have 2 cards that I am going to try today. I put all my eggs in one basket and Ebay is (was) my sole income. And with 4 kids and all the bills from the divorce, I need to "get back into the saddle" so to speak.

But, I have read (and reread) the forums. And think I am ready.
Old 11-17-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Atira, never heard of it. But it looks like it could work.
Old 11-17-2007

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Atira, never heard of it. But it looks like it could work.
I bought some from my bank. And created an account. Listed 3 items. 2 are up. Not sure where the 3rd is. But, I guess - so far, so good. I am going to try the other one later tonight.

And boy - did it feel good to list again!
Old 11-17-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

You should probably make some back up accounts too, spread out your eggs a bit.

Or start looking for other ways to sell your items.
Old 11-17-2007

Angry

Quote:
You should probably make some back up accounts too, spread out your eggs a bit.

Or start looking for other ways to sell your items.
May have to go with option 2 - this account that I just did got canned. I wasn't linked though. So, maybe I jumped into soon. I don't know. I only listed 3 items.
Old 11-17-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Did eBay send you anything? Any clue?

Were you using Paypal?
Old 11-18-2007

Quote:
Did eBay send you anything? Any clue?

Were you using Paypal?
Email said:
Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.

I didn't do anything with Paypal as I don't have an account to link it to. I was sure I did everything right. I have been on this forum reading every single post for the past week - taking notes. And even when there is a disagreement on what to do, I have gone with the majority.

I am going to try again. Maybe wait to list. I can't buy anything as I don't have the money. I bought an account that is about a week old - maybe I should try that one. In the meantime, open another and let it sit.
Old 11-18-2007

Longevity: 96%

The first time I joined the forum, i also got canned, for i think listing to early, My next nine accounts, I let idle for 2 weeks, browsed the help guides like a newbie, then listed slowly. I do sell questionable items however been able to keep my new accounts up so far. Do you remember when you first started eBay? Did you list right from the beginning? I truly believe that eBay uses a sophisticated computer system which can determine suspicious activity from new accounts. The above is only opinion
Old 11-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vers0 View Post
The first time I joined the forum, i also got canned, for i think listing to early, My next nine accounts, I let idle for 2 weeks, browsed the help guides like a newbie, then listed slowly. I do sell questionable items however been able to keep my new accounts up so far. Do you remember when you first started eBay? Did you list right from the beginning? I truly believe that eBay uses a sophisticated computer system which can determine suspicious activity from new accounts. The above is only opinion
I started on Ebay back in 2004. I did start off buying. Until I got in trouble financially, my main item is soap and candles. When the house became at risk, I started with things that I know aren't allowed. But, there are 1000's that don't get tagged. And with 4 kids and it is just me to take care of them, I didn't have much choice. My main account was always on the up and up. And my customers love me - I still have most off Ebay now. So, I am working on a website - though this is hard since I have no idea as to what I am doing.

With the way things are for me, I don't have too many options. And really Ebay is the best solution. At least until the other sites gain popularity, which I think they will. I see alot of my competitors on ioffer.com

I know there was a discussion about proxies. I went in through AOL to set up Ebay. My IP address was Kansas. I am in Iowa. Could that be part of it? I delete my cookies. I have it set to delete as soon as I log on. But, I also have Eat Those Cookies and have gotten into the habit of deleting as I go.

Thanks for your opinion. I will try letting a few sit for various amount of time periods to see if I can figure out Ebay's thinking.
Old 11-18-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEbayNHateEbay View Post
May have to go with option 2 - this account that I just did got canned. I wasn't linked though. So, maybe I jumped into soon. I don't know. I only listed 3 items.

You got canned because you used AOL. Ebay is on to that and it doesnt help that they have a partnership right now..

Also did you buy any feedback??
Old 11-18-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Using AOL could be a problem in the long run, if you continue to use it. I think it's best to use it when you first setup an account, and then use Auctivia to manage your account. I've seen some users have success with this. Just don't make any major changes to your account while using proxy if you can help it. Another option is to use a 3rd party computer, a library, cyber cafe and setup your eBay account there. Then use Auctivia to list auctions and what not. I know Chris goes this route. AOL is risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEbayNHateEbay View Post
I started on Ebay back in 2004. I did start off buying. Until I got in trouble financially, my main item is soap and candles. When the house became at risk, I started with things that I know aren't allowed. But, there are 1000's that don't get tagged. And with 4 kids and it is just me to take care of them, I didn't have much choice. My main account was always on the up and up. And my customers love me - I still have most off Ebay now. So, I am working on a website - though this is hard since I have no idea as to what I am doing.

With the way things are for me, I don't have too many options. And really Ebay is the best solution. At least until the other sites gain popularity, which I think they will. I see alot of my competitors on ioffer.com

I know there was a discussion about proxies. I went in through AOL to set up Ebay. My IP address was Kansas. I am in Iowa. Could that be part of it? I delete my cookies. I have it set to delete as soon as I log on. But, I also have Eat Those Cookies and have gotten into the habit of deleting as I go.

Thanks for your opinion. I will try letting a few sit for various amount of time periods to see if I can figure out Ebay's thinking.
Old 11-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
You got canned because you used AOL. Ebay is on to that and it doesnt help that they have a partnership right now..

Also did you buy any feedback??
No, signed up and started right out of the chute.
Old 11-18-2007

Quote:
Using AOL could be a problem in the long run, if you continue to use it. I think it's best to use it when you first setup an account, and then use Auctivia to manage your account. I've seen some users have success with this. Just don't make any major changes to your account while using proxy if you can help it. Another option is to use a 3rd party computer, a library, cyber cafe and setup your eBay account there. Then use Auctivia to list auctions and what not. I know Chris goes this route. AOL is risky.
Well, that is what I did. Only used AOL to setup the account. And when to auctiva to do the listings. I setup some backup accounts that I intend to let sit for a bit. And using the library's computers this week. No cyber cafes though - I live in the middle of Amish country.

Thanks for your help. I will keep trying.
Old 11-19-2007

Assuming that most on this forum are following the correct steps to create and maintain an ebay account, I really think a lot comes down to the products. I know we all want to not tell the other what we sell but I think its the products. Before I got suspended, I tried different brands and had different results from all. Another hunch is other sellers ratting you out. Selling on ebay is a like a SCIENCE.
Old 11-19-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

What you sale and how much you sale determains your fate in eBay. This is very true.

Listing Guide might help with that... lol

When it's done.
Old 11-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vers0 View Post
Assuming that most on this forum are following the correct steps to create and maintain an ebay account, I really think a lot comes down to the products. I know we all want to not tell the other what we sell but I think its the products. Before I got suspended, I tried different brands and had different results from all. Another hunch is other sellers ratting you out. Selling on ebay is a like a SCIENCE.
I am pretty confident that I followed everything. The problem is - things change (the AOL thing), people have different opinions and experiences. And I am not computer savvy at all. I basically turn it on and do what I need to. So, most of the computer terms are greek to me.

I have a sticky ip. I still don't know what that is. But, that is what I was told. So, changing it doesn't seem possible. Which is why a proxy seems to be the route for me. I delete cookies all the time.

I have an account that is over a week old with 2 items listed yesterday. It is still going. So, maybe it was the age thing. The items that I listed are pretty much a dime a dozen. So, once I tried my listing, I should blend it with everyone else. Though, everyone else does $.99 starting bid and $12.99 shipping. I don't do that. So, maybe that did it.

Guess I may have answered my own question...
Old 11-19-2007

Quote:
What you sale and how much you sale determains your fate in eBay. This is very true.

Listing Guide might help with that... lol

When it's done.
I have 2 different products - the one that everyone sells and I only did because I am a single mom of 4. The youngest was born 2 months early and gets sick real easy. He was in the hospital 2x this year. I got behind on my bills and then the home was put in foreclosure. So, I needed money fast. Some of these products are what led to my suspension. But, I only listed about 10% that I knew were wrong. But, being in the situation I was in, I didn't have a choice. And given the chance, I will do it again. Which is why I am here.

My real product is what I know I can't put back on Ebay. I sell it locally and have many stores throughout the country that carry it in their stores. I can be identified by my label easily. But, I have toyed with the idea of doing a "generic" label so to speak. Right now, I don't make enough money for complete support. But, my accountant and I figure another 2 or 3 years and my product may very well be a household name...kinda like Ebay.

I look forward to the listing guide!
Old 11-21-2007

I have stated this in the past several times on the forum. I have been more successful with opening several accounts which allows me to reduce the amount of items per user per week. I do not believe this is making me invisible to eBay nor to Vero but it look better if I sell 5 items per week on one account then sell 25 per account. Spread the wealth among accounts. Sure its more work but it pays the bills. The only hard part is creating a different look on each account. I try to make each account look totally different. This is not an easy task because I am not that creative. The best thing I find is when I have the same bidder, bidding on more then one of my accounts. I laugh because the items are leaving the same location however the shipping label says different.
Old 11-23-2007

Hi- I have tried several experiments in the last 3-4 months- the accts that are still up- are the ones that only list generic type items, the specialty items, accts do not last long. new pics/new descript, everything-- still get canned. its been abot 6-7 weeks since i got a linked acct naru notice, (thanks to aspkins forum)- 99% of mine are NOt following the letter + spirit of ebay.
>>Coincidently, those accts all have sold at least 1 of the specialty items at one time or another. SO, what to do when you are sitting on more Specialty INventory than most folks will sell in a Years time??
> I'm now reduced to just 1-2 specilaty items per acct, so having 15-20 diff specialty items, takes min 10 ebay accts to get exposure.
>> Gone are the days of the automated PS acct, bulk relist, waking up to 10-20 orders, no T+S emails....
I agree- much. much harder work to maintain several accts,
Old 11-24-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Are you working on a website eBayhateluv? Obviously you can't expect long term results with eBay... you'll need a website to feel secure, I think I talked to you about it, but are you creating one or do you have one?

I'm going to start work with another one my self.

I found some very nice search engine friendly carts I may use. I don't know which one yet, I have to look over them, but this is my list of best shopping carts out of the hundreds I reviewed already. I have to pick one and setup a site in a couple days. Fun stuff!

Shopping Cart Software by ClearCart at 1-800-662-7395 - Too simple.. not enough features
Shopping Cart Software and Ecommerce Solutions: CS-Cart. Free downloadable trial. - Looks nice... reviews on products
Pinnacle Shopping Cart Software - Welcome
Shopping Cart Software by ClickCartPro Ecommerce Solutions -- Simple
Old 11-24-2007

Aspkin

I already have one that I have been playing for some time. So far it has only been for my loyal Ebay customers to buy from me and I not have to pay fees. It helps and has been a blessing since Ebay gave me my pink slip. I have been adding daily to the website. But, right now, my stock is low, except my dropship products. I have many stores that bought just about everything I had for the holiday season. And what I had left, my customers bought because they know my whole story.

Ebay was my only income. Working full time away from the home is not possible because of my youngest son. And tax season doesn't start until January. And then that will only be part time. So, I need to figure out how to get the website up and going and out where people will see it. And that is where I am stomped.

I still intend to play Ebay for as long as I can. I like the 31 accounts idea. That will get me back where I was. My products are not as high end as most here. But, an average sale was $10.00 straight profit and I was doing 20 - 30 sales a day. I am a numbers person. And know how many listings I need to do to bring in the money I need. But, I ran into some funding problems. So, I am only able to do one account a week. Taking it slow is killing me financially. But, buying a credit card only to have an account shut down hurts worse.

So, if you could help with showing me how to get my website noticed. I would be so grateful. I would post it here. But, still learning the rules and not sure if it is allowed. I changed my look of my product on Ebay. So, no one can tell by my site where I am on Ebay. But, forums and the like is not usually what I do on the computer. I do my work. Take orders. Chat with the ex about the kids' day and shut the computer down. With 4 kids, not much time for play.

Anyways, sorry for going on. I have alot going on. And I intend to ramble when I have more than what I can handle at once.