Using University WIFI - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Using University WIFI

Currently attending university for work related class (i do graphics for a company) and so have access to the university wifi (this university has about 45k students lol) and each time i notice my ip address is new from IPBurger.

Wondering if it's ok or should i bail due to potential blacklisted ip's?

I'm thinking university this size there must be thousands of newly assigned ip addresses. And considering they are students who are focused on studies and not ebay selling should be safe?

But then again, lot of foolish college students that will want quick money and plot out of schemes and then get banned.. hmm
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2017

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Using University WIFI

I am interested in this question too.
Old 10-08-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I would stick to larger IP pools (i.e. mobile data which has millions of IPs) or a fresh Dedicated IP (where you are the only one using it).

I'd avoid anything in between.

If your using multiple accounts, selling similar items, they get flagged up for manual review all of a sudden, and they all happen to be using IPs from the same datacentre (wherever the university is getting it from), that can be a cause for concern.

However, if you have just 1 account, then I cant see it being an issue at all.

Last edited by Play; 10-08-2017 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I would stick to larger IP pools (i.e. mobile data which has millions of IPs) or a fresh Dedicated IP (where you are the only one using it).

I'd avoid anything in between.

If your using multiple accounts, selling similar items, they get flagged up for manual review all of a sudden, and they all happen to be using IPs from the same datacentre (wherever the university is getting it from), that can be a cause for concern.

However, if you have just 1 account, then I cant see it being an issue at all.
what if it's a buyer accounts only... so having 4 buying accounts using it should be less problematic right?
Old 10-08-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
what if it's a buyer accounts only... so having 4 buying accounts using it should be less problematic right?
Buyer accounts face a lot less scrutiny so it should be fine
Old 10-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Buyer accounts face a lot less scrutiny so it should be fine
Ok... so what do you think of using public wifi like the university as I mentioned for ebay account that is legit (had this for 18 years). I do full time graphics for a company and ebay is more like side income. I also do dropshipping on my own domain which is why i have buyer accounts on ebay. THat's where i'm kind of wondering if i will get linked etc...

If my ebay account is in good standing and legit, i shouldn't worry technically about any wifi places I use right since I'm not hiding etc..

But the buyer one i should use my tethering etc.. cause i know if ebay takes my buying account down it will see any related accounts with it im assuming.
Old 10-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

For regular buying accounts, University Wifi is fine.
Old 10-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Ok... so what do you think of using public wifi like the university as I mentioned for ebay account that is legit (had this for 18 years). I do full time graphics for a company and ebay is more like side income. I also do dropshipping on my own domain which is why i have buyer accounts on ebay. THat's where i'm kind of wondering if i will get linked etc...

If my ebay account is in good standing and legit, i shouldn't worry technically about any wifi places I use right since I'm not hiding etc..

But the buyer one i should use my tethering etc.. cause i know if ebay takes my buying account down it will see any related accounts with it im assuming.
From my experience those sort of public WiFi spots can only be trouble for the account. If you use it for buying only you might be able to get away with it but I would NOT risk an account if there was the slightest chance of getting it linked to my selling accounts.
Old 10-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
From my experience those sort of public WiFi spots can only be trouble for the account. If you use it for buying only you might be able to get away with it but I would NOT risk an account if there was the slightest chance of getting it linked to my selling accounts.
so using university password and login that will go to a separate page to logon , ebay according to Stealth Book can't see this and ONLY see ip address correct?

So don't have to worry about any username i input (wifi home network for example just have username and pass stored). Same with university login but sometimes if you log out you have to sign in again. Like public wifi areas like mcdonalds which has a webpage where you have to click accept ( but university one has username i input manually)
Old 10-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Again, for buying accounts it's fine for you to use the schools wif. Don't use your school wifi with selling accounts.
Old 10-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
so using university password and login that will go to a separate page to logon , ebay according to Stealth Book can't see this and ONLY see ip address correct?

So don't have to worry about any username i input (wifi home network for example just have username and pass stored). Same with university login but sometimes if you log out you have to sign in again. Like public wifi areas like mcdonalds which has a webpage where you have to click accept ( but university one has username i input manually)
This has nothing to do with the way you login to get your internet access.
It has only to with the IP address youre using. Ebay cannot see any of that other stuff nor would they are about it.
Old 10-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Good! I have to stop thinking ebay is this all powerful entity that sees and knows everything. Time to expose the truth and get with a good stealth program.
Old 10-09-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

You already know the answer to this question before even asking..
How to clean photos
Best image resizer