IP Programs? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 08-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default IP Programs?

I find it a huge hassle switching IP's everytime you use/sell on an account, how is that possible? How do you do that when you have more than 1 account?

I just heard about this new IP program called IPrental.com

It's pretty expensive but I'm sure people have other valuable IP programs out there for a low cost or free of cost. List them!

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 08-05-2009 at 12:11 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Dial Up!
Old 08-05-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
I find it a huge hassle switching IP's everytime you use/sell on an account, how is that possible? How do you do that when you have more than 1 account?

I just heard about this new IP program called IPrental.com

It's pretty expensive but I'm sure people have other valuable IP programs out there for a low cost or free of cost. List them!
$3 per IP from Sprint....$59 a month for mifi....that's pretty cheap...or you can ditch the purchase of IP's just get mifi for $59 with a new ip at login and access anywhere you get cell service.
Old 08-05-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

IPRental is a proxy. Not recommended. Especially when you consider their political lean. Where does the money end up? Hmmmm...

Steganos does a better job, anyhow. And I don't recommend that one either.
Old 08-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Dial Up!
Most convenient and cheapest I think should be this one!
Old 08-05-2009
Threadstarter  

During 24/7 thinking and aggravation, here's what my friend just told me about!
Looks promising!

Hide-My-IP.Com - Hide Your IP Address, Surf Anonymously, Protect Your Identify, Guard Against Hackers

Hide-My-IP.Com - Hide My IP 2009 Overview

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 08-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2009
Vicvelcro

Proxies=Death for ebay/pp accounts.
Old 08-05-2009

is the hide-my-ip.com a proxy?
Old 08-05-2009

I have qwest service- it has a qwikcare link -1 click and it changes your ip addy- I just found this out-I kept resetting until I got an ip addy located about 3 hours from me. It was my duh moment of the day.
Old 08-05-2009

Longevity: 89%

if you already set up different pc user account, auto-ip changing software won't be able to handle that far.
Old 08-06-2009
Vicvelcro

Everything mentioned in this thread up to now is a proxy, except the qwest thing. Qwest is DSL. If you unplug it and plug it back in, your IP should change.

Basically, any 'service' is a proxy. Any software that needs to be running in order to keep your IP changed - it's a proxy too. It uses an application to connect to a proxy server. Anything that changes your IP 'on-the-fly' is a proxy.

Quick tip: when you all are reviewing those sites and those apps, DELIBERATELY check all over the site or the box to see WHAT EXACT METHOD is used to do the changing of your IP. If it says anything about a server or connecting to their system, it is a proxy. If it doesn't say, they're shifty and should not be trusted - and then google it.

Proxy server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are ways to automatically detect if a person is using a proxy server. Most proxies are known to most large systems (ebay and paypal included), so they already know you are trying to hide, right from the moment you arrive on the destination site. They aren't happy when they think you are trying to hide. Doing so will only bring heat down on you.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-06-2009 at 12:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
trig (08-15-2009)
Old 08-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The situation for Genius is solvable. There will be no need for any proxies or vpns.
Just a reminder: proxies are detected by ebay: their use can cause your account to be under their flags. Not recommended for stealth purposes.
Old 08-06-2009
Vicvelcro

Yep. The cure is to actually, for real, genuinely change the IP address. Not to hide it or spoof it. There's threads about how to *CHANGE* the IP address nearly at-will. Proxies and VPNs are nearly as bad as tacking up a wanted poster of yourself in the break rooms at ebay and paypal HQs.

People just need to spend a few minutes learning the process the first time around. After it's been done once, it's easy to reproduce afterward and only takes seconds to perform. For most, it's actually faster to perform than if they loaded the proxy software and then clicked to start the proxying. You don't lose most of your internet speed when you REALLY change, whereas with proxies much speed is sacrificed. Don't believe me, try Speakeasy - Speed Test before and after starting the proxy. See your 7 MB broadband go down to 500k-1.3MB. That's a 75% or greater speed loss.

Then realize that most proxies that are marketed to consumers aren't what they are advertised to be. They count on the noviceness of the buyers. Most of those proxies can be tunneled through in a fraction of a second by a simple bot. The really good proxies are the ones that individuals will not have access to.
trig (08-15-2009)
Old 08-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Yep. The cure is to actually, for real, genuinely change the IP address. Not to hide it or spoof it. There's threads about how to *CHANGE* the IP address nearly at-will. Proxies and VPNs are nearly as bad as tacking up a wanted poster of yourself in the break rooms at ebay and paypal HQs.
Too funny!

Yes, I printed out (I believe it was your guide) on how to change IP's with cable modem and a linksys router. Gonna try it today since it's my day off!
Old 08-15-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Dial Up!
greenbean, how do you use dialup without pulling out your hair?
Old 08-16-2009
Vicvelcro

Found this. Demonstrates quite nicely how Proxies are as useless as boobs on a bear.

What Is My IP Address? - How do I hide my IP address?
Old 08-16-2009

The Stealth Book mentions the method that is best in 3rd place if memory serves. Proxies are horrible (and like it`s been said will get you suspended, pronto), VPN can work but they are not 100% safe. Unless you get a Dedicated IP (which can cost up to 15$/month, so it's not actually cheap if you have 5 accounts!) you run the risk of getting a shared IP which was already linked to someone, OR an IP eBAY knows belongs to a VPN carrier at which point they'll keep a closer eye on you, since they know you're hiding something.

Dial-up or DSL will actually change your IP for real and is the cheapest alternative for a relatively unlimited amount of new IP. Same as the MAC address method though, there's a downside: your IP, unless using dial-up to call in another city, will always point to a nearby physical area.

If you are in Alberta for example, you won't ever get an IP to match an address in New Brunswick, so using accounts in another province is not easy, though not impossible (if you are careful and do no other mistakes, simply having an IP not maching the physical address on file, as long as its the same country, is not enough to get you suspended).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Found this. Demonstrates quite nicely how Proxies are as useless as boobs on a bear.
I read it. Then came the image in my mind.
Old 08-16-2009
Vicvelcro

At one time, proxies and VPN were useful. Things change. I was attempting to indicate that via the posted link.

There are still a couple proxies and VPN that are viable and not known to ebay/paypal. But consumers don't get them. People who KNOW - won't tell. Basically, if you've been using either, STOP. If you think you *should* use one, YOU SHOULDN'T. Don't spend money on proxy software sold in stores or on the web. It's KNOWN to the adversary and thus worse than useless.

Simple is better, this season.
Old 09-12-2009

Longevity: 86%
Send a message via Skype™ to gurik20

Hello. I trying use AOL one recommended proxy in Ebay Stealtbook. But I don’t know How I can “block x-forwarded-for header using your firewall”? I read in wikipedia:

“The X-Forwarded-For (XFF) HTTP header is a de facto standard for identifying the originating IP address of a client connecting to a web server through an HTTP proxy or load balancer.”

So how I can block them? I use Xp pro SP3, Kaspersky internet security 2009. Can I do it in Windows Firewall or it can be block by another program? Does AOL proxy still works with Ebay and Paypal or not? Thank you for your time.
Old 09-12-2009
Vicvelcro

XFF is continuously built as a packet travels. You could spoof your info at the beginning of the header, but after that point, you cannot alter or prevent the XFF entries subsequent to your own. The next leg of the packet hop could easily see that your spoofed info does not match hard data and make a correction that you would be unaware of and unable to prevent. This means that ebay and PP still know you are using a proxy server. They will only be prevented from directly knowing your point of origin, maybe.

Suppose I am hop #2. You spoof your XFF to say 127.0.0.1 and it comes to me. I see you are really from 192.168.1.11 and maybe I don't like spoofing, so I replace the phoney 127.0.0.1 to read your real info as 192.168.1.11 and you would not know that I made the correction then passed the info along to hop #3.

Suppose I did not correct your spoof. When the packet finally arrives at ebay or PP, their system will see the XFF like so:
127.0.0.1 -> 193.168.0.1 -> 10.220.0.1 -> 24.96.96.0 -> 66.135.214.176 (the last one is ebay)

In the above example, the end point would not really KNOW where the packet really started, but they know it was proxied. If the proxy is not an anonymizing proxy, they could contact 193.168.0.1 and request hard info about the phoney 127.0.0.1 perhaps if they thought you owed fees or were scamming buyers.

AOL is not an anonymizing proxy and it is reported that if you attempt to spoof your XFF as it leaves your system, AOL automatically removes your spoof and replaces it with your real IP anyhow, and that they only started doing so very recently. I can't confirm that as true because I don't touch AOL.

One workaround might be to insert info BEFORE your own data in the XFF. Example: 190.168.0.11 -> 191.168.0.115 -> 192.168.1.11 -> continued

The blue entries are fabricated data you insert to give the appearance that the packet passed through two other points BEFORE YOU, thus makeing your entry look like a proxy instead of the point of origin. The green entry is you. The red entry represents all other points AFTER you. The final destination would see the first entry as the point of origin.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 09-12-2009 at 02:27 PM.
aspkin (10-05-2009)
Old 09-13-2009

Longevity: 86%
Send a message via Skype™ to gurik20

Thank you for explanation.