I need to change my IP 2 times in a hurry, any suggestions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 01-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default I need to change my IP 2 times in a hurry, any suggestions?

Hello members!

Just curious. I have changed my IP before and was amazed to how I did it. I have a dynamic address and have added a router via modem recently.

I need to change me IP 2 times in a hurry or at least within a day. Does anyone have any good advice in how to go about doing this?

The last time I changed it I unplugged my modem(did not have the router at that time), for 3-4 days and it refreshed me with a new one. This time, since I'm back on the Bay and doing business, I'm looking for a quick way to do this so that I can keep up good business and answer questions when needed.

As always, I appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!
waterproof
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Read this post on changing IP with a router.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...html#post27714
The Following User Says Thank You to BooMer For This Useful Post:
waterproof (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010

Longevity: 82%

Hey, I was struggling with this as well, until I found some info in another forum (it may be here too, but I wasn't able to locate it). I'm currently on DSL, but here is what I do, and I can pull a new IP in about 2 minutes...

1 - Login to my DSL modem (done by navigating to my current IP address)
2 - On the home screen, it shows my connection status as "CONNECTED"
3 - I click on that, and it shows me that I am setup on PPPOE, and right next to that is a button labeled "RELEASE"
4 - I click on the RELEASE button, and my Internet connection goes down
5 - I then login to my wireless router, change the MAC address, which automatically reboots the router
6 - Once rebooted, toggle the power on the DSL modem, and bingo - New IP Address

Again, all of this takes about 2 minutes total. I was able to change my IP address 4 times yesterday with no problems whatsoever.

Unfortunately for me, by keeping track of the MAC addresses I use, I am not able to pull the same IP address again. I guess Verizon DSL just doesn't work that way. So, what I do is keep a spreadsheet, with all of my eBay IDs as column headers. Then I just record whatever IP address I get in those columns. Each time I pull a new IP I just search the spreadsheet to see if it's ever been used before. It's pretty simple really.

Apparently you have to release the PPOE session so it'll give your old IP address back to the pool. Otherwise, the session will stay open, waiting for you to reconnect until whatever timeout period that has been setup by your ISP has expired. That can be anywhere from a few minutes to a few days.