...yet another newbie with the IP hurdle..:-) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default ...yet another newbie with the IP hurdle..:-)

Ok here goes... First question... please be nice..... I PROMISE I have been reading, reading, reading, experimenting, attepting, over and over and over and still not getting it. My white flag is up...I need help.

For the life of me I can not get my IP to change. I have Purchased and read the stealth guide over and over, I have also read and read and read this topic till I'm blue.

My objective (as I have read many many times on this site is a very good thing to have in mind at the onset so I can plan accordingly) is eventually to have several stealth accounts. Several in function at once and several aging at the same time. Now that said I also expect to build slowley to this point as I learn what the heck I'm doing. So to begin with Just one functional eb/pp account is what I'm attempting to get to.

What follows is what I'm working with and then what I've tryed to date:

System info:
1) I have Windows 7 operating sytems on An HP Desktop and an Inspiron Dell Laptop.

2) Wireless connection to intenet via Comcast, Dynamic IP.

3) Running an SMCCD3GNV Router/Modem Combined (you can have the router turned off on these by having comcast Bridge them, I have not done this as of yet, mostly due to the horror stories I've been reading on the comcast site from folks who have done this.)

Whats been attempted thus far:
1)I have turned my SMC on and off a half a million times for varying lengths of time including overnight.

2) I have utilized both, MacMakeUp and TMACv6 to change mac address to no avail when it comes to spoofing MAC address in order to have my computer fetch new IP. (I should include here that the SMC does not allow you to change the MAC address within the controls of this particular router.)

3) I have contemplated as well as experimented with VPN and VPS, Though I have NEVER loged onto either eb or pp with these programs in place, though I did experiment with a few just to begin to see what they do and how close a proximity I can be to my home. Many times it's way off the mark and as I have read are generally not recomended. The potentual for disaster here is great enough that I'd prefer not to use these anyway because of the huge amount of work that can be lost immidiately if at anytime eb/pp detects them as for what they are.

4) After reading other peoples experience on the comcast site with the type of modem/router combo I have, there were several people who had experimented with using another modem and this one at the same time, with a varying degree of results. Not recmmeded, though sometimes do-able. I bought a cheap modem, attempted this and I fall into the category of not recommeded. lol. Way to many conflicts and it always killed one if not both of my computers. not a good idea there.

What I'm hoping for here is some help from you guys in terms of steering me in the right direction. I know this is a long post and if you have taken the time to read this far, Thank you!

I'm hoping that someone with a similar situation can guide me a little bit on exactly what they did to get it to work. Maybe I've done something wrong or need to do something else. I'm willing to take advice and implement the ideas given to me. As I stated before I have read and read. Generally I'm not a dumb guy but this one has me stumped. Maybe I just need to go get a seperate modem/router. ( I have a feeling I'm gonna hear that alot)....

I don't expect anyone to totally hold my hand here as I cross the street so to speak....but I am hoping some of you will point me a little in the direction of safe crosswalks.....

Thanks everyone!

G

Oh yeah... of course I've also done an ipconfig/release and renew also to no avail....

Last edited by goofball; 10-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2012

Longevity: 78%

No way in hell your IP question is this long. You might get a quicker answer if you just post the questions by themselves without a story behind them

I would of gladly answered them!
Old 10-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default sorry...

Ok sorry about the length

Here goes:
I'm Running an SMCCD3GNV Router/Modem Combined, in someones greater experience than mine, what is my best option getting it to work for IP changes. I have read greatly and tryed many tacts with no success.

G
Old 10-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

it would start with contacting your ISP to see whether you have a static or dynamic ip. if it is static then it can not change, it must be dynamic
Old 10-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yes it is dynamic
Old 10-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

ok how are you going about trying to change the ip?
Old 10-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Also who is your ISP? For example I'm on Charter Cable and to change IP's I literally have to go through hell and back.

You might want to look into a Dongle (USB Wifi) and mange your IP's that way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
goofball (10-04-2012)
Old 10-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

MM is right on the ball. I did a google search for your modem and it seems as though you have Comcast and they do not release new IP addresses very easily
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
goofball (10-04-2012), MM78 (10-03-2012)
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
ok how are you going about trying to change the ip?
Thank you for responding....

When shutting off the modem/router, I have shut off my computers, unplugged my router, (disconnected ethernet cable even sometimes) for varying lengths of time anywhere from 2 mins to overnight. I have done this many times and in all sorts of different orders. I have also reset the router using both a short reset as well as a long reset which restores everything to original state.

I also have done an iprelease, again for varying lengths of time including overnight. I've done this from both computers as well.

I attempted to spoof my mac address with both MacMakeUp and TMACv6.. Admittedly this was a bit more confussing for me, though after initially being a bit uncertain about exactlly which systems to change I experimented with all of them, one at a time.

VPN, for obvious reasons changed ip readily and easily however this I know is a method by which I'm asking to get limited/resricted quickly.
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Also who is your ISP? For example I'm on Charter Cable and to change IP's I literally have to go through hell and back.

Thanks MM and SJ...

Yes I have Comcast... and they do really make it tough to release ip.

I'm likeing the idea of a Dongle more and more. I have never used one. I've been doing some reading on the forum about them as well as a little on the web. Any reccomendations with these would be appriciated. As well do you have to use them along with a cellular providor or do they have something that works by itself in this capacity. (sorry for my ignorance with this one, I will get up to speed with these too I promise)
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post

Ok, doing a web search now for these, there are many... Do they simply plug in and your good to go. If when they connect into you internet connection do they just simply end up generating a different ip then the connection your already on?
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

....ok, doing some homework now on how they work.
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

so in using a USB wifi adapter is it really as easy as just pluging it in, perhaps installing it's software, and then simply pressing a renew button for new ip everytime I connect? Won't it just grab my same external ip each time? What am I missing?
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think I got the dongle deal figured out. Comcast no longer offers a broadband USB wifi service as of August 31st of this year. So at this point I'll go with my cell phone carriers service. Which I double checked another post here indicating they are dynamic in the assigment of Broadband IP's. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction you guys!
Old 10-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Seems like you have it now. Try for the largest company possible, the more ips you'll get
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Holy crap it worked!!!!

It worked!!! Praise the Dongle Gods...And you guys too!

I'm with Cricket... Hope that's big enough.

I turned it on worked instantly. 1st test: got new ip immidiately. Simply pushed disconnect button.Heated coffee in Microwave for 2 mins. Reconnected and BAM new IP! That said it only changed last 3 digits... This should be sufficiant shouldn't it?

Now to start keeping a log of all IP's I've been issued right?

G
Old 10-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

yes it's enough. keep the log and you are all ready to go
Old 10-04-2012

Longevity: 72%

Which Cricket phone and plan did your purchase?
Old 10-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks Slim!

Hi Laritha,
I have a Cricket Droid. However I don't think that so much matters. I bought there 79.99 USB modem. The store I went to didn't have the stick so I boought the AC3781. It's not much bigger than the stick, is USB and has slightly better range than the stick. It's basicly like a stick but the usb just folds out. The guy at the store also gave me a $20 credit on next months bill. I got the 4 GIG ($45) plan. I'll go up or down if needed. So far it seems pretty simple set up. I don't think you have to have a criket phone to get there broadband services. The broadband even has a "phone number" associated with it in order to have a number if you pay for your monthly bill on the web.
The Following User Says Thank You to goofball For This Useful Post:
slim jim (10-05-2012)
Old 10-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball View Post
Thanks Slim!

Hi Laritha,
I have a Cricket Droid. However I don't think that so much matters. I bought there 79.99 USB modem. The store I went to didn't have the stick so I boought the AC3781. It's not much bigger than the stick, is USB and has slightly better range than the stick. It's basicly like a stick but the usb just folds out. The guy at the store also gave me a $20 credit on next months bill. I got the 4 GIG ($45) plan. I'll go up or down if needed. So far it seems pretty simple set up. I don't think you have to have a criket phone to get there broadband services. The broadband even has a "phone number" associated with it in order to have a number if you pay for your monthly bill on the web.
btw, go down from 4gb if you are only using it for ebay. ebay does not use much data
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
goofball (10-05-2012)
Old 10-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

good to know wasn't to sure, figured 8 was WAY to much but good to know 4 will be too.