Multiple accounts from the same IP - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 07-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Use a nice excel log (available around the forums) to track your IPs should you wish.

Link is around - use search.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html

Old 07-02-2013

Longevity: 72%
Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Not the case all the time, depending on the lease on the IP address your ISP has assigned to your MAC address

Some routers you have to go into and manually change the MAC address for a new IP. Sometimes this is not possible, so other methods must be used, like a dongle.
Okay so if I pay for Cable internet service and I have 1 Dynamic ip address.

I change the Router Mac address to get a new IP address.

It's Safe to use multiple accounts?

Or does my Cable ISP spit out similar dynamic addresses thats not Safe for multiple accounts?

I'm confused. Does IP addresses change indefinitely when changing the MAC address on the router or do they vary like 10-15 different ones making it unfit for using with 3-4 accounts ... ? I have confirmed that I don't have a Static IP.
Old 07-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Power down your MODEM - wait a bit and restart - you will get your new IP to use for your other stealth accounts.
Old 07-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmajid View Post
Okay so if I pay for Cable internet service and I have 1 Dynamic ip address.

I change the Router Mac address to get a new IP address.

It's Safe to use multiple accounts?

Or does my Cable ISP spit out similar dynamic addresses thats not Safe for multiple accounts?

I'm confused. Does IP addresses change indefinitely when changing the MAC address on the router or do they vary like 10-15 different ones making it unfit for using with 3-4 accounts ... ? I have confirmed that I don't have a Static IP.
Make a not of IP address

Change MAC address - Click Apply - Wait for it to apply

Turn off modem - Wait 10 seconds - Turn modem on

Wait to be reconnect to the internet

Take a note of new IP - If its different your good to go.

Generally an ISP will have thousands of IP addresses assigned to them, so you should have a diverse range. Rule of thumb is the bigger the company the larger the range.

So long as you keep a track of the IP, your fine. If you come across an IP that you have used before, just repeat the above process and you will get another IP. Check this IP has not been used before
Old 07-03-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

@ocmajid
This should work in changing the IP address

Quote:
Make a not of IP address

Change MAC address - Click Apply - Wait for it to apply

Turn off modem - Wait 10 seconds - Turn modem on

Wait to be reconnect to the internet

Take a note of new IP - If its different your good to go.

Generally an ISP will have thousands of IP addresses assigned to them, so you should have a diverse range. Rule of thumb is the bigger the company the larger the range.
The key here is to track your addresses.

Quote:
So long as you keep a track of the IP, your fine. If you come across an IP that you have used before, just repeat the above process and you will get another IP. Check this IP has not been used before
The Following User Says Thank You to AuctionsDenied For This Useful Post:
ocmajid (07-04-2013)
Old 07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch1 View Post
let's say 3 accounts would be possible to have on 1 dynamic ip address?

by dynamic you mean your ip changes every time you restart modem?
Old 07-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by desikanjar View Post
by dynamic you mean your ip changes every time you restart modem?
Not as simple as that these days because you can now get a sticky dynamic IP where the lease on the IP assigned to the MAC address does not expire when the router is turned off.

Means you would have to turn off the router for a few hours to get a new IP. This is where changing the MAC address comes in. Saves having to wait the few hours.
Old 08-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Do you have access to different IPs?

If so why do all this work and watch them all go down within seconds together?

You might stay lucky for a while but if you have access to different IPs this can be avoided.

You are just asking for the "link clerks" at ebay and pp central to get their bonus money for taking down 4 accounts at one time.

One went down over a year ago, and the others still work. I have dynamic IP, that means it changes every 10 or 15 days I guess...but I login to my different accounts without changing the IP address.

Now, since I am outside the US, my theory is that PP/EB does not track IPs when you login from another country. And I have PP/EB accs from the US, Peru and Uruguay.

Would like to hear about the experiences from non-US accounts members. Do you think EB/PP tracks your IPs?
Old 08-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
One went down over a year ago, and the others still work. I have dynamic IP, that means it changes every 10 or 15 days I guess...but I login to my different accounts without changing the IP address.

Now, since I am outside the US, my theory is that PP/EB does not track IPs when you login from another country. And I have PP/EB accs from the US, Peru and Uruguay.

Would like to hear about the experiences from non-US accounts members. Do you think EB/PP tracks your IPs?
They absolutely will track your IP's

So your saying you have made a US PP and EB and run it from an IP outside the US?

How long has this account been alive....
Old 08-10-2013

Longevity: 64%

This works from personal experience.

My household has 3 family members using the same computer, same IP, no problems.

The problems arise when one is banned,
and another user tries to sell a similar item that a banned user was linked to.
Old 08-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

You are sounding like a broken record

IPs are tracked by PayPal and by eBay

Users have had their accounts limited by PayPal for using a foreign IP

eBay has asked users to confirm their ID when a strange IP has been used

Stop implying otherwise.

As you have been told before, your method of operating is flawed

You may have troubles and lose accounts

In other words, LISTEN, when you are being offered the reasons to not operate in the way you are

Old 08-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

@Chip

Users from Asia,Europe,Australia and other parts of South America have reported these issues

The IP was given as the problem

Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuggles View Post
This works from personal experience.

My household has 3 family members using the same computer, same IP, no problems.

The problems arise when one is banned,
and another user tries to sell a similar item that a banned user was linked to.
Hope you have made the right changes fuggles since being on this forum
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
I am using 4 stealth accounts with same IP, no problem at all. I have diff user accounts for each paypal and ebay account.
how do you know they are not linked?
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
Chip doesnt know that. They are linked without a doubt, they have just not yet need shut down.

If one goes, they all go
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Chip doesnt know that. They are linked without a doubt, they have just not yet need shut down.

If one goes, they all go
As I said, some of my accs already went down. No problem at all for the other accounts.

I am not saying this is the right way to do it. But so far, had multiple accounts, like 3 went down in the last year and the others (2 year old accs) are fine. I even added a new one with no problem.
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysol View Post
3 went down and the other ones are running fine so far. All are like 2 years old.

In 2009 or 2010 (I can't remember) I had 5 PP accounts. One in Spain, one in Costa Rica, two in the US and one in Peru. All on the same PC and the same USER!!! (That was before I found this excellent forum!)

When the Spain account went down, in a matter of one week they shut down all my other accounts. They where all linked but I guess for the cookies rather than the IP.

So, I opened other accounts with different names and addresses but yes, the same PC and USER. For sure the IP was different (I have dynamic IP) and guess what...they shut my accounts within days!!

Finally, thanks to this Forum, I created separate users for each account...and they worked happily ever after :-)

All these accounts are accessed from outside the US.
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@Chip

Users from Asia,Europe,Australia and other parts of South America have reported these issues

The IP was given as the problem

Yes, my friend from the US came to live down here, he had a new laptop and when he signed to EB he had the same issue. Id and everything. After that, not a problem. And that was like 3 years ago.

So EB/PP don't want you to go to have a cup of coffee at Starbucks and login to their websites? They will shut you down for linking the Starbucks IP with many other ebay users? That's insane!!
Old 08-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You are sounding like a broken record

IPs are tracked by PayPal and by eBay

Users have had their accounts limited by PayPal for using a foreign IP

eBay has asked users to confirm their ID when a strange IP has been used
Yes, you are right. Like 5 years ago when I had my US PP account (real one under my real name), and also other friends also had their US PP accounts. We could login with no problems at all and then suddenly PP started blocking us saying we where logging from overseas.

That was the end of our PP accounts..many years later, I made new PP accs and noticed the IP was not an issue anymore.

So, what I am saying is, perhaps PP changed his policy with IPs? Has anyone tested it recently? For testing purposes, someone should make a new account and use it with the same IP of a banned account and see what happens! :-)
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

It is easy to operate with different IP's, so why take the risk?
Old 08-19-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
So EB/PP don't want you to go to have a cup of coffee at Starbucks and login to their websites? They will shut you down for linking the Starbucks IP with many other ebay users? That's insane!!
I don't believe this. I had logged into my Ebay account for 9 years from Starbucks in different cities, from Saint Louis, MO to Evansville, Indiana, to Indianapolis, and I don't know what else. I probably also logged into from the semi-public wifi at hotels.

What got my account restricted from selling (not suspended) was seller performance/low DSR's.

I would be willing to bet (just speculation) that Ebay's first campaign against duplicate accounts is automated by an algorithm. Everyone on this forum mentions the i.p. address, but I remember reading somewhere else that Ebay doesn't look at the i.p. address. I wouldn't chance it. Although if i.p. address were enough by itself to get you suspended, that would be extremely stupid of Ebay, since lots of great buyers and sellers log into Ebay from Starbucks and indulge in listing and purchasing, and Ebay gets 10% of that.

Why would Ebay be so stupid to permanently suspend users just for logging into their site while at Starbucks?

I would imagine the algorithm is something like

IF i.p. address matches suspended user's i.p. address AND billing address matches the same suspended user's billing address, THEN ring a bell for a real Ebay-human to look further into the account...and look at the descriptions, the items listed, compare the photographs, etc.

They can't just suspend 2 accounts because they both use a Kodak MK-Ultra camera, or Joey Williams is selling a baseball glove, and a different Ebay user named Joey Williams is also selling a baseball glove!

In all probability, the first and last name used for my stealth account has already been used by a suspended account.

Some are of the opinion that Ebay only checks to be sure that your i.p. address only matches the country of your mailing/billing address. Others say within 100 miles.

Let's say you want to make your first stealth account.
Let's say your name is Michael Hall.
Your first thought would be, "Well I can't use my real name...Ebay knows that I've been suspended. I've already used that name."
Then you choose a different name. Let's say you choose "Steve Williams."
(I just watched a couple youtube videos of Robin Williams and Steve Martin)
You've now made your stealth account even more vulnerable to linking and suspension, assuming your name is important.
What you failed to realize was that 6 other "Michael Hall"s were suspended from Ebay, whereas 17 "Steve Williams"s had been suspended before you created your stealth account.

So unless somewhere in Ebay's algorithm for linking accounts there is a "depending on how common or rare the first and last name combination is...according to birthdate," then I doubt Ebay cares about your name.

I apologize for getting off-topic.

P.S. Disclaimer: these are just my very limited experienced, speculative opinions.