My solution for easy multiple IPs using your current broadband - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default My solution for easy multiple IPs using your current broadband

Ok here is my solution to get virtually as many IPs you want/need. I've read that some people just swap out routers. Well buying many routers can be expensive and cumbersome to switch all the time. All I use are USB to ethernet adaptors. Each of these little devices have their own unique MAC so hence they will get assigned a new IP from your ISP. I bought 3 of these today at Tigerdirect for $21 each, link: TRENDnet - TU-ET100C - 10100 USB 1.1 Ethernet Adapter in Canada at TigerDirect.ca
You can find these cheaper on eBay for as little as $5.00 but heck, my account is suspended My local Tigerdirect had them in stock so no waiting for shipping. Anyway they work great! My PC as well as most have front USB ports so switching between these things is easy and they are direct plug 'n pray so no driver installing required. Note however that some ISPs only give out 2 or 3 unique IP address so everytime you disconnect you may have to do a ipconfig /release in the command prompt first and possibly reset your modem just to make sure you don't go over your limit or you may get a limited connectivity error. Each ISP is different, I had to do this when attempting to connect with my 3rd adaptor.

This should work with cable or DSL broadband just make sure you are connecting the ethernet cable directly from your modem or switch/hub and not through a router.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaverner76 View Post
Ok here is my solution to get virtually as many IPs you want/need. I've read that some people just swap out routers. Well buying many routers can be expensive and cumbersome to switch all the time. All I use are USB to ethernet adaptors. Each of these little devices have their own unique MAC so hence they will get assigned a new IP from your ISP. I bought 3 of these today at Tigerdirect for $21 each, link: TRENDnet - TU-ET100C - 10100 USB 1.1 Ethernet Adapter in Canada at TigerDirect.ca
You can find these cheaper on eBay for as little as $5.00 but heck, my account is suspended My local Tigerdirect had them in stock so no waiting for shipping. Anyway they work great! My PC as well as most have front USB ports so switching between these things is easy and they are direct plug 'n pray so no driver installing required. Note however that some ISPs only give out 2 or 3 unique IP address so everytime you disconnect you may have to do a ipconfig /release in the command prompt first and possibly reset your modem just to make sure you don't go over your limit or you may get a limited connectivity error. Each ISP is different, I had to do this when attempting to connect with my 3rd adaptor.

This should work with cable or DSL broadband just make sure you are connecting the ethernet cable directly from your modem or switch/hub and not through a router.
All you need to do is log into your router and change your mac address around a bit and reboot....and also reboot your modem...Takes about 2 mins total and works everytime for changing IP's...And it doesnt cost a penny !!!
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^^
Yup what he said. I am using a linksys router.(modded firmware) quick to change the ip by changing the mac address by 1 digit!
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

I just turn my router and modem off for about 30 secs and back on and vwalla, new IP. Its all of 30 secs. I keep an IP log next to my pc to make sure I dont get the same IP address twice.
Old 04-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Hi aking, are you using the router just to go wireless or for just this application with changing IP's in mind?
Old 04-13-2009

Longevity: 88%

Resetting the router has never worked for me. BUT I did find 1 time only that taking my laptop to another location using the wireless network there,,,, then when I got home my IP had changed... but never again since. DO you know if this is a Mac Affee thing?
Old 04-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshakin View Post
Resetting the router has never worked for me. BUT I did find 1 time only that taking my laptop to another location using the wireless network there,,,, then when I got home my IP had changed... but never again since. DO you know if this is a Mac Affee thing?
I believe resetting the router would only work if you have changed the mac address previously. When you reset the router, the original mac address would show up and the ip would be the same (unless some other modem grabbed the ip address while you are resetting the modem, not very likely)
Old 04-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

I read somewhere that Aspkin goes through that plug unplug thing to get a new IP. So it's a safe bet to get those adapters? I'm getting some today just to check it out. Maybe no more AOL I hope.
Closed Thread