eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   Anyone mind sharing their IP address spreadsheet? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/27600-anyone-mind-sharing-their-ip-address-spreadsheet.html)

LoopHole 08-26-2011 02:20 PM

I just started to use an excel spreadsheet today. I had about 400 IP's on my word document. I procrastinated too long in making one because it would of been a pain in the ass putting all those IP's in excel. But i finally did it. My eyes never hurt that bad before and it took me like an hour to put them in but it was worth every second of it. I wish i did it earlier!

KingRay 08-26-2011 02:29 PM

Kind of odd everyone has all kinds of advice but when it come to a simple spreadsheet help question no one can help you.

Does anyone really even use them??

sorry if anyone is offended by my post but seems odd to me to keep such a simple thing to yourself IF you have it that is.

The guys says he doesnt understand how to set up a database.

I see you figured something out so good for you. Glad everyone was of so much help. I use paper but if I did have one I would have sent it to you no prob. Dont see any privacy issues by doing so. There are way around that stuff.

LoopHole 08-26-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 263078)
Kind of odd everyone has all kinds of advice but when it come to a simple spreadsheet help question no one can help you.

Does anyone really even use them??

sorry if anyone is offended by my post but seems odd to me to keep such a simple thing to yourself IF you have it that is.

The guys says he doesnt understand how to set up a database.

I see you figured something out so good for you. Glad everyone was of so much help. I use paper but if I did have one I would have sent it to you no prob. Dont see any privacy issues by doing so. There are way around that stuff.

I gave up asking for it after i asked twice lol. How are you able to use paper after having all these IP's written down? I used to do it and it look me like a minute or two every time to go up and down the list to make sure i didnt use the ip before. Not sure how long your list was but mine was like 400 ips. If i add up all the time i went up and down the list i wasted a lot of time.

Sandy D 08-27-2011 03:12 PM

I write them all down and go through the long list every single time.

And I can check 8-10 accounts a day every day and have a long list to check.

I only check the last group of numbers because all you need is one single digit to make it good.

It does take time but if you think about it the time you take to make sure you are correct is like money in the bank.

Time is nothing when you consider 2-3 minutes to check through a list of ips on an account that might make you 500-1000 or more per week.

Excel is easy to use, play with it. You can sort your numbers in a row and when you get a new ip type it in, sort and see if you have a match.

Type them down a row and use the sort button. Extremely easy.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 08-27-2011 03:53 PM

Hey... all you IP logging freaks :).....

You lot got computers, so make use of them - I do so it makes me feel better that I spent hundreds on a computer and at least I am using it.

Anyway.... if you need a demo excel spreadsheet, check out my link - there is a demo video there and everything - it has a spreadsheet you can download and have a look at and also there is my demo program that automatically updates excel spreadsheet - I aint no pro so dont expect some Microsoft business!!!

I did put a picture of a spreadsheet on here months ago, but the hosting site was no good and no more picture available, so one of my posts above is invalid

KingRay 08-27-2011 03:59 PM

Went to the link and video locks up my media player every time and the rar file wont open. maybe I just cant figure it out. I did what you said to do though.

KingRay 08-27-2011 04:06 PM

i think I figured out what is wrong.

No I hosed everything up messing with rar files. .

Alps_a somewhatlegend 08-27-2011 04:37 PM

Hey, its not worth wasting time over it - its only my rubbish work, but its mine and I like it - its more to give people an idea of what can be done if needed etc.

Glad to hear you got it working.

KingRay 08-27-2011 07:12 PM

Thanks for posting though. I am bad with those kind of things. I always mess something up on here downloading files for software I dont have. I pretty much just use MSworks nowadays. The poor mans MSOffice

yotano211 09-01-2011 03:53 AM

I use the program called Open Office for all my word processing and spreadsheet needs. The best part is that the program is free to use and download.

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

I will send you what I put on my spreadsheet, all info on it with account names and other info are deleted.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 09-01-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 264908)
I use the program called Open Office for all my word processing and spreadsheet needs. The best part is that the program is free to use and download.

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

I will send you what I put on my spreadsheet, all info on it with account names and other info are deleted.

With regards to an email program. I am using outlook 2010, but it is slightly annoying when having over 30 email accounts on there - any recommendations on an email program that is quick to load up etc. and can handle 30 plus email addresses? - thanks

The reason its annoying is most of the time when I open the program, I have to manually click on the individual emails address folders for them to show new items etc. - once clicked, they are sorted until I close program - when I open program again, I have to do the click on all the folders again - on the odd occasion, which is not good enough for my needs, it works how it should and when I open program, the email folders open automatically.

LionKing 09-01-2011 08:50 AM

Actually I use Google Docs (Spread Sheet) where you can actually share this to some other private gmail ID's and also you can always have an updated sheet of IP's online :D

JomJarr 01-16-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 263423)
Excel is easy to use, play with it. You can sort your numbers in a row and when you get a new ip type it in, sort and see if you have a match.

Type them down a row and use the sort button. Extremely easy.

Surely you won't need to log the IP address until you've actually gone to the eB/PP sites and then exposed that IP address to them?

And you'll need to separate the list into the different account's they've been with?

I was wondering if logging IPs was actually what people do with multiple accounts, thinking "surely not, that's a lot of hoop jumping each time you log on"... but I guess there's no other way!

I take it that the IP it can't be a linking factor on its own? The IP addresses must get cycled around hundreds of thousands of users of that broadband service..

MM78 02-05-2012 11:29 AM

I made my own stealth spreadsheet. Here is the link...

BayFiles

MM78 02-07-2012 06:43 PM

Technically I should be running on 8gb of DDR but I've been too lazy to upgrade to a 64 bit OS.

coz3001 02-13-2012 08:40 AM

Looks like the bottom line here is either use excel or a pencil and paper. Asking for another person's spreadsheet example is understandable, but not necessary, for something so simple. I use excel, and use the names of my accounts as titles for my lists. example ralph, julie, mary etc, and I use the excel look up function now that I've discovered it. I think that the 'time' it takes to look through my 'used ip' addresses keeps me methodical and careful.

vigil 02-19-2012 05:26 PM

Excel IP Comparison Sheet

1 Attachment(s)
Hi...I just came across this thread and I'm completely new to the forum.
I just bought AmazonGhost and will be starting on my first Ghost account, but back to subject.

I saw that many of you are doing IP comparisons with no automated excel sheet, so I took some time to figure one out. I’m familiar with vlookup, etc…so a bit of Google’in and some Trial & Error wasn’t too difficult.
I personally hate doing things by pen&paper or doing any manual work whatsoever for things that should be automated, and for some reason it really bothered me that this hasn't been solved.
I can’t imagine having to review 200 IPs to see if I have a duplicate…
I figured I'll have to make something like this sooner rather than later so jumped on it.
I hope it’s a good contribution and intro to the forum.
I tend to write a lot and try to cover everything…I hope the forum accepts huge posts.

NOTE:
I tried testing it, but I won’t vouch it’s 100% perfect.
Please make sure to scan it when you first start using it and make sure it’s working.
Please PM me at any time if you find there is a problem, and definitely inform everyone on this thread.
THANKS!

SETUP THE SHEET

First, notice there are two sheets.
The first is the one you’ll work with, called “IP CHECK”
The second is “MAC ADDRESS”.
*This is for you Amazon users as I know you need to refer to your MAC Addresses also.

You can delete my sample data. Only delete values in columns: ACCOUNT & IP ADDRESS
The other columns contain comparison formulas which need to be there.

MAC ADDRESS
(eBay only users, can skip this, you can even delete the whole column if it bothers you. Formulas update automatically on Excel. Not sure about OpenOffice. )

To setup mac addresses, place a name for your account in the “Account” column, then assign a mac address in the second column “Assigned MAC Address”.

I chose to put the Mac Address reference on a separate sheet to keep things more clean.
DO NOT change the name of the sheet as it’s used in the reference formula.

CHECK IP IS GOOD TO USE
*Make sure you type the name EXACTLY the same each time, or just use dropdown select after you’ve entered all your account names to be sure. If you name differs even a single character, you may get a false go ahead, or false duplicate and was an IP Addres.

2| MAC Address should pop up automatically from referencing your MAC Address sheet, you won’t have to search for it. Value should be copy and paste’able (except in excel, excel will copy/paste formula, not value)

3| Enter your current IP address to the column “IP ADDRESS”

Now you will be generally referring to the USAGE column.
If it shows a dash ( - ), you’re GOOD TO USE that IP Address for the current Account.
If it shows "DUPLICATE!" DO NOT use the IP Address, it was used previsously for a different account. (Same Account will not show duplicate, but will show that IP was used previously in "DUPLICATE" column)

TO PUT SIMPLY:
USAGE COLUMN
- = GOOD
DUPLICATE! = BAD!

NOTE
I chose to use dashes if there is no value because you will have to continue to copy the formulas down the sheet.
I would hate if someone forgot to copy formulas down and kept getting and OK to use the IP Address.
With the dashes there is no guess work.
Columns with dashes contain formulas, so keep copying those down the sheet as you enter IP Addresses...

FURTHUR EXPLANATION FOR THOSE INTERESTED

1| IF the IP address is new, both “DUPLICATED” and “USAGE” column will have a dash ( - ) in it.
*Hence, you can continue to use the IP Address.

2| IF the IP address has been used already, column “DUPLICATED” will show which account used that IP Address before. Only the first account that it was duplicated will show. If you followed the IP sheet properly the whole time, you shouldn’t have to see which other acct’s duplicated this IP as that should never happen.
Basically this means, if you used the same more than two accts, it will only show for one other account, it's not a "I screwed up many times" reference sheet.

3| IF the IP address has been used already, AND that account was the SAME account, you will still get a dash in the “USAGE” column as it’s still safe to use.

4| If the IP address was used by a DIFFERENT account, “USAGE” column will show “DUPLICATE!”. Do not use the IP Adress, you will link accounts.

REMINDER

Please keep reviewing and testing your entries and check that the sheet is correct for a while and let me know if there's any errors.
It's never been used, I just made it.
If you're not comfortable with that, DON'T USE IT.
I don't much patience for...less civil forum users that moan and complain at anything they can.
I'm just contributing my attempt thus far, please help review and test it.

In retrospect, I guess I shouldn't have called the first column Duplicate as it might be "scary" to see the IP was duplicated.
Also, I could have combined bother DUPLICATE & USAGE formulas into a single column...if a lot of ppl want me to simplifiy the sheet, I guess I could go about doing that and submit again.
Let me know.
Feel free to rename the columns as you like.

Please keep me updated on the sheet.
I hope it works out and helps a lot of you.

Vigil

JJGold 02-19-2012 05:52 PM

Nice 1st post.

vigil 02-19-2012 06:09 PM

Thanks!
Hope it helps you, please let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

baloch 02-19-2012 07:52 PM

or you can use Ctrl+F to search through your excel sheet to find if you used the ip address before. :suspicious:

But good post. :clap:

vigil 02-19-2012 08:05 PM

Baloch: Yeah, I know. I do that for many things including looking up orders.
Thing is I hear that Amazon also needs MAC address reference and also.

Another thing...doesn't that mean that you copy/paste your new IP to a new row (to keep note) and then have to do a search also?

This kinda eliminates you having to search and instantly shows if you're ok to go ahead.
Saves only a few seconds I agree, but any time saved over multiple accts is a good thing.

Other tasks for multiple accts takes up enough time as it is...

But hey, everyone has their own preference on how they want to do things.

bladeds 08-08-2018 12:40 PM

Re: Anyone mind sharing their IP address spreadsheet?

look this :yar: