Does Ebay care more about the age of the account, or days since the 1st sale, or... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 08-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Does Ebay care more about the age of the account, or days since the 1st sale, or...

So yesterday I just received my bank&VCC-verified Ebay/Paypal account (from Sandy, great gal)...

I haven't even logged into it yet, because I just got a new tracfone, and it's charging. I intend to handle this account with great care, but at the same time the reason I invested in it, of course, was to profit from it...$2-3K/month would be ideal. I understand that when I first log into this new account, my i.p. address will have changed (to a fresh stealth i.p., in the same region), which may or may not raise a red flag.

In the forum it is often suggested to wait X amount of time before you're "home-free" or "safe enough" to sell your balls to the wall (metaphor intentionally mixed).

Does the period, which seems to be 30 days=fairly-safe, then 90 days=very-safe, begin at the birth of the Ebay account, or does it begin at the linking of Ebay/Paypal, or does it begin from the point you first sell your first small item, or 30-90 days from a 10+ feedback, or 30-90 days from 10+ seller feedback, or 30-90 days from the bank-verification/phone-verification. Or does this especially apply to unverified accounts?

Reason I ask is, I intend to eventually build several of my own stealth accounts, and distribute the risk of limitation among them.
I now already feel comfortable enough to make new Ebay accounts, but I am not yet prepared to hook them up to their new respective PP accounts,
and furthermore verify them with VCC and bank accts and phones.

So, my main question is, should I go ahead and establish a dozen or so Ebay accounts now for future use,
and later on flesh them out with PP accounts, etc. This way, next month, I'll have these aged, albeit dormant, Ebay accounts.

Or does letting a new account collect dust, without any activity, also raise red flags? I assume it is normal, legitimate behavior to let an Ebay account rest for a time. I figure Ebay may think, if anything, that the user recently moved into a new apartment and the user took a few days away from Ebay, or the power went out and the modem/router had to be restarted (which also would explain the new, albeit-same-location, i.p. address).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

What I do is create my Paypal account and add a bank plus prepaid CC so that process usually takes 3 days to get the micro deposits so that everything is fully verified and confirmed.

Usually the same day I create the Paypal I create the ebay account which takes minutes to do.

Than after I confirm the Paypal 3 days after creation usually I link the ebay and Paypal account together and list a non risk item let that sell start a .99cent auction.

Than I leave the account till the limits reset the next month and start selling to the limits
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (08-16-2013), safelysolipsize (04-29-2016)
Old 08-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 62%

So, does anyone know what determines the age of the Ebay account?
Is it the number of days since the account was created?
Or the number of days since the first sale, or 10 sales?
Or does it not have anything to do with 30, or 60 days, but the activity itself?
Old 08-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

The age of a sellers account is how many days since the first item has been sold. (at least in the UK)
Old 08-17-2013

Longevity: 65%

I would think age of an account these days doesn't matter one bit. You can take an account that has 1000 fb and awesome sales history, but if it hasn't sold anything in three years and you just go login now, odds are you're going to have nasty selling limits. Nasty as in, the same selling limits a new account. - At least, that's my own experience.

The key to this is keeping them active for a long period of time. Not just letting them age like wine.
Old 08-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainbuster View Post
So, does anyone know what determines the age of the Ebay account?
Is it the number of days since the account was created?
Or the number of days since the first sale, or 10 sales?
Or does it not have anything to do with 30, or 60 days, but the activity itself?
ebay appears to 'age' the account from the 1st sale.

I prefer activity on an account too.

I rarely sell straight off.

I surf, play, bid and have 'action'

Mind, I am quirky too.
Old 08-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

2-4 weeks is what I like to work in terms of browsing and bidding before sales - works nicely in my plan to keep it simple
Old 08-19-2013

Longevity: 76%

I agree, I never like to sell straight off after using a new stealth account whether it is one I create from scratch or one I buy. As for time of when the account starts the 30 or day day countdown, I think it's after the first sale. I know I have created a new account waited a couple weeks and buy a few cheap items and sell a cheap item and I still get the same limits as one of the older accounts I bought and I do the same thing with. So, I agree it is after the first sale, not the age of the account.