PayPal Limited - High transactions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-11-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default PayPal Limited - High transactions?

So first of all, this is my real PayPal account. I used to sell on eBay and never ever got limited ( probably sold over 50k )

A friend of mine sent me 2000$ from his PP as FF, and I received a few more from other people for doing stuff for them ( services ) also as FF.

I got limited becuase of that.

The message from PayPal is:

In order to provide the best possible service, we periodically review our customers' accounts.

Your account has been recently reviewed because of the following:

- Increase in processed volumes.
- High value transactions.

In order to be able to have the necessary time, we have temporarily limited some functions of your account until you can provide us with all the information and complete the steps indicated below:

Provide the tracking number / proof of delivery for the following transactions received in your PayPal account:

( 5 TRANSACTIONS HERE FROM THE SAME DAY )

Information about your business model:
- What is the reason for the recent increase in payments received?
- Provide a projection of the volumes you expect to receive each month for the next 6 months (specify currency).
- Provide a detailed description of the items sold or services provided.
- Specify the average period of time it takes to send and receive an item sold.
- Provide the name and address of your major suppliers.
- Send from inventory or through drop-shipping?
- What percentage of items sold are drop-shipping and how many do you keep in stock?
- Provide a copy of your suppliers' invoices for items sold. The invoices provided must cover the total volume received in the last month. An invoice is an original purchase receipt that indicates where the items you sold were purchased, along with your provider's name and phone number. * Note: We can not accept pro forma invoices as valid, unless provided with proof of payment.
- How many applications are still pending (which have not yet been sent)?
- Provide details on any point of sale you use (physical store, showroom, website ...).
- Provide terms and conditions of sales (refunds / cancellations).
We need more information on the following transactions:
- Amount: EUR 2,000
- Amount: EUR 970
- Amount: EUR 304.03

- A complete description of the item that was purchased, including the point of sale or URL from which the product was sold.
- If the payment was for an item, a description of the service performed
- Any mail or written communication related to the indicated transaction.
- Any information about other payments sent or received on the aforementioned transaction.
- Any information about the relationship or business affiliation you may have with the other party. We would like to obtain as much information as possible about the transaction in order to complete the review of your account.

This is 100% automated but damn, I sent 12k the other day to another PP and nothing happened, this is so random isnt it?
They are asking so many things for a few payments... they need more info about 3 transactions which are also on the first 5.

I was thinking on calling and saying I sold something to someone IRL and he sent money but I think it pisses them off that its sent as FF right? as If I wanted to avoid fees or something? The account is aged and have had a lot of transactions... Im sure I can get out of this easily.

Also, I have tracking numbers from the same day that they are asking from another ebay account where I sell stuff

Could I give them random tracking numbers as long as the dates matches? Or can they tell the tracking number doesnt belong to that transaction? Whats my best bet?

Someone is willing to help me I will appreciate.

HELP?

Last edited by ilcarletto; 10-11-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: offering money for help... like blood for sharks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: PayPal Limited - High transactions?

This is why Paypal is NOT IDEAL for high value transactions. I'd rather use CRYPTO for this... You will eventually learn that Paypal will screw you one way or the other...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 10-11-2017

Longevity: 38%

It doesn't seem so bad to me honestly, they want more information. I say you just fill out everything, specially in the projections you should say that you're gonna continue moving larger volumes. Idk if it's text or pictures for each question, but if you can't put text and the question doesn't apply to you, upload a picture of text explaining why it doesn't.

Take your time and fill everything out, then when you've finished uploading everything, call PayPal and see if a rep can go over it with you and approve it. This way, the rep is there with you and it's not some random unknown one who might dig deeper into everything, and you can answer any questions they may have in the moment.
Old 10-11-2017

Did you also send the $12K as friends and family? lol
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

With the extensive documentation they're requesting combined with the fact you received these payments in a manner that bypasses Paypal's fee, I really don't see you being able to restore this account. I'd bet $5 that even if you submit a detailed business plan + all the other crap they want, they would get back to you within a couple of days with the dreaded "we've decided to part ways" email which = permanently dead account.

Cryptocurrency is an option, but it's really not an option if you're running a serious business. The fact that it's non-reversible and no protection whatsoever is offered turns most serious buyers off to the idea of paying with crypto. I would never pay any of our suppliers with a cryptocurrency. If you're running some kind of criminal enterprise where your buyers are already used to paying with BTC, then by all means start using BTC for your large orders lol.

I wish you the best but your Paypal account is most likely dead for good. In the future, if you continue processing Paypal payments, DO NOT go anywhere near the "friends and family" payment button. If you would have just invoiced your customers, or even accepted those payments as "service" payments, you would still have your account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-11-2017), GreenBean (11-16-2017)
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgJoe View Post
It doesn't seem so bad to me honestly, they want more information. I say you just fill out everything, specially in the projections you should say that you're gonna continue moving larger volumes. Idk if it's text or pictures for each question, but if you can't put text and the question doesn't apply to you, upload a picture of text explaining why it doesn't.

Take your time and fill everything out, then when you've finished uploading everything, call PayPal and see if a rep can go over it with you and approve it. This way, the rep is there with you and it's not some random unknown one who might dig deeper into everything, and you can answer any questions they may have in the moment.
its text from the email, not sure if I should reply to the email because on the pp account where they ask to upload photos therr are diff questions, invoices, suppliers invoice etc
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Did you also send the $12K as friends and family? lol
yea went thru ez, could i ask pp to refund the payments and ask them to send as service? as if i wasnt aware of that? playing dumb
Old 10-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexit View Post
its text from the email, not sure if I should reply to the email because on the pp account where they ask to upload photos therr are diff questions, invoices, suppliers invoice etc
I would call and ask. My bet is that whatever they require on the PP account would be it. If your account is limited, there's really nothing else to do but to try give them what they want and be honest, at least you will have tried.

Remember though, I think it's huge to call right after you submit everything and be like "I submitted all the documents to lift my account limitation" and they should check them for you. That's what I did with my secondary account when it was limited due to new sales. Had I let someone else potentially take longer looking at my documents like my ID, I think there's a higher chance they would've linked my accounts. At least being on the phone with them I was able to clear up some questions she had, and hear the decision right away.
Old 10-11-2017

Quote:
yea went thru ez, could i ask pp to refund the payments and ask them to send as service? as if i wasnt aware of that? playing dumb
Haha yeah play a little dumb on some things if you can, like you really didn't know it would be an issue

Edit: Trust the other guys on this more, I'm here thinking playing dumb on reasonably big but small amounts, but yours is huge

Last edited by AvgJoe; 10-11-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2017

I can't believe you find it odd that paypal has a problem with you sending 15k all as F&F...circumventing their fees lol
Old 10-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Can't be playing dumb when you are dealing with such huge amounts - you have to know the playground you're playing on...it's not $10 or 20 amounts here...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017
Banned

Longevity: 40%

This is normal, especially when you go higher amounts.
I've had this limitation in two of my paypal accounts, the accounts were reinstated right after i sent what they need (exactly what you have posted). My problem was i don't have any option but to tell them that i am dropshipping, hence they put a 30-day 20% rolling reserves. kinda sad, annoying, frustrating, but it's just okay since i still have my paypal accounts. Been receiving like more than 20K per month on those paypal per month, and had no more problem at all.
Old 10-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEI View Post
This is normal, especially when you go higher amounts.
I've had this limitation in two of my paypal accounts, the accounts were reinstated right after i sent what they need (exactly what you have posted). My problem was i don't have any option but to tell them that i am dropshipping, hence they put a 30-day 20% rolling reserves. kinda sad, annoying, frustrating, but it's just okay since i still have my paypal accounts. Been receiving like more than 20K per month on those paypal per month, and had no more problem at all.
You answered all the questions? u also had issues with payments sent via FF? but dude I dont have any supplier, I drop ship and I dont even own the item, how did you do this? Should I just call and tell them I dropship? anyway I dont see how I can explain these payments which are not from ebay... what can I do :(
Old 10-11-2017

Longevity: 39%

So i can't have a legit business where i receive $200k per month on PayPal ??
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyMakingMachine For This Useful Post:
aexit (10-11-2017)
Old 10-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMakingMachine View Post
There are some pretty big companies on ebay selling hundreds of thousands. I guess that they've built up to it over many many years, PayPal probably knows and values them pretty well while obviously not caring much about the rest of us.
Old 10-12-2017

Longevity: 63%

First, remember to make another PP account for personal use, let your friends send fund to that account instead of the business one

Second, cryptocurrency or not, abuse it too much and your PP will be limited in no time
Old 10-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMakingMachine View Post
Yes, you absolutely can. As long as you never try to screw PP by avoiding their fees or making them deal with your customer problems, they'll never mess with you. I don't do $200k per month but our best account averages 60-70k/mo and has never had issues. I use invoicing and am happy to pay PP's fee.

Take empire's comments with a grain of salt. He's apparently never actually processed high transaction volumes.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 10-12-2017 at 07:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017
Banned

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
You answered all the questions? u also had issues with payments sent via FF? but dude I dont have any supplier, I drop ship and I dont even own the item, how did you do this? Should I just call and tell them I dropship? anyway I dont see how I can explain these payments which are not from ebay... what can I do :(
Dude, sorry. But i cannot disclose all the details on what did i do (answers to paypals questions). I had no issues with sending/receiving via FF. I never go beyond 1K$ per sending/receiving in 1 person via FF coz you know PayPal wants those FEES. Tell them that you help each other in growing the business, like Investments maybe? i once recall, when my friend sent like $500.00, paypal called right away to me and asking if know this guy, bla bla, and i said we're friend irl and we share investments in my eBay business, that happened ONLY once in my 4years using that account :D
Old 10-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

You guys can drag OP along all you want, but his account is dead. There's no getting it back. Nobody sends their "friend" over 3000EUR with Paypal - so good luck explaining your way out of this.

Bottom line is you're using Paypal's service to make money so you should be paying them for their service in the form of transaction fees. Once they find out you're profiting from their service while avoiding their fees, you're done.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You guys can drag OP along all you want, but his account is dead. There's no getting it back. Nobody sends their "friend" over 3000EUR with Paypal - so good luck explaining your way out of this.

Bottom line is you're using Paypal's service to make money so you should be paying them for their service in the form of transaction fees. Once they find out you're profiting from their service while avoiding their fees, you're done.
I always paid fees @ebay, cant I do **** about this? and say i had no clue about anything
Old 10-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I always paid fees @ebay, cant I do **** about this? and say i had no clue about anything
I'm sorry but there's really nothing you can do. Paypal will tell you it's your responsibility to read and understand their terms of service before you start accepting payments. Paying eBay fees won't mean anything to them since the transactions in question had absolutely nothing to do with eBay.

Not only are you circumventing PP transaction fees, but you're having customers send you payments in a manner that bypasses PP buyer/seller protection. The main reason PP doesn't like what you're doing is because you're bypassing the fees, but they also don't like when merchants do things to bypass the protections they offer buyers.

I'm not judging you or anything like that. I'm just trying to explain why this happened to your account - and why you would be wasting your time by trying to restore it.
Old 10-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I'm sorry but there's really nothing you can do. Paypal will tell you it's your responsibility to read and understand their terms of service before you start accepting payments. Paying eBay fees won't mean anything to them since the transactions in question had absolutely nothing to do with eBay.

Not only are you circumventing PP transaction fees, but you're having customers send you payments in a manner that bypasses PP buyer/seller protection. The main reason PP doesn't like what you're doing is because you're bypassing the fees, but they also don't like when merchants do things to bypass the protections they offer buyers.

I'm not judging you or anything like that. I'm just trying to explain why this happened to your account - and why you would be wasting your time by trying to restore it.
why do they even offer the FF option then??? its just 5 transactions tho, what if they are truly friends? cant ppl use FF at all? idk